Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":3h36u10f said:
Bobblehead":3h36u10f said:
Le'Veon Bell
Forsett
Abdullah
Joique Bell

Foster on IR

I have the two Detroit backs, I'm up in the air with them.

On the wire,

Sankey
Doug Martin
Reggie Bush
Tre Mason
Shane Vereen
Alfred Blue

Are available.

Do I Drop any for what's available or just keep what I have?

Thanks BH
8 Team league?

No, 10, I had the first pick..
Took
1 Bell
2 Cal Johnson, 3 Graham
4 Forsett, 5 Brandin Cook.

Picked up Abdulla and Sankey later in the rounds. somone waived J Bell, dropped Sankey for J. Bell.

I add A Foster and put him in the Injured Reserve slot.

I thought I was pretty slick when I found Pitts, Mart Bryant undrafted and unclaimed, so I piced him up, dropped Percy Harvin.. hated to draft that prick.

Couple of players went for QB's early. I took Stafford and Rivers way late.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
You're not in horrible shape if you stand pat. That said, I think you might consider other options.

RBs in committee situations drive me absolutely crazy, but it it life in FFB. Detroit seems to be in this situation.

I see 2 options:

1. Start 1 of the Lions and be content that you may never know who the right one will be (only a worry until Bell plays and Foster is healthy)

2. Drop both Lions. Pick up Doug Martin (could have a good year based on reports and should get clear #1 carries early)
and Alfred Blue who I believe will be the clear #1 in Houston until Foster comes back.

I'd seriously think about #2

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":3r62uxaz said:
You're not in horrible shape if you stand pat. That said, I think you might consider other options.

RBs in committee situations drive me absolutely crazy, but it it life in FFB. Detroit seems to be in this situation.

I see 2 options:

1. Start 1 of the Lions and be content that you may never know who the right one will be (only a worry until Bell plays and Foster is healthy)

2. Drop both Lions. Pick up Doug Martin (could have a good year based on reports and should get clear #1 carries early)
and Alfred Blue who I believe will be the clear #1 in Houston until Foster comes back.

I'd seriously think about #2

I'm with you, RB by committee doesn't sit well with me.

I think I shall suck it up, cut the Detroit players and go with Martin and possibly Blue, or wait to next week and see how Sankey's doing.

Thanks for your input and thank you in .Net.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Do not drop Abdullah for blue. Upside way too high. I do like Martin though. Reports on Foster say he could be back within the first 4 weeks.

Sac

Reaction score
You're crazy if you drop Ameer. Patience is key in fantasy, and Ameer will be their #1 by mid-season. Even early in the season he'll give you 12 touches a game most likely.

m0ng0

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3j027rro said:
You're crazy if you drop Ameer. Patience is key in fantasy, and Ameer will be their #1 by mid-season. Even early in the season he'll give you 12 touches a game most likely.

+1

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
soo your saying a half ameer is better than 1 Blue?

I dorpped J Bell and picked up Martin, kept Ameer, thinking Bell will be hurt again soon.

Thanks again. all.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Keep in mind he will soon have Leveon Bell back and hopefully a healthy Arian Foster for the 2nd half.

Abdullah could/should be a stud, but still some question marks there. Would be a good bench stash to see how it pans out.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I would be down for a small wager on Foster...

Sac

Reaction score
austinslater25":1ung2tkn said:
I would be down for a small wager on Foster...
I contend the Foster will not be back before week 4, and if he is, will miss more time before the end of the season.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Thanks everyone

SO looks like

L Bell
Forsett
Martin
Ameer

and

Foster on the IR.

We'll see how it goes.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Wouldnt Blue be an ideal pick up as he would cover both Foster and Bell early in the season? I'm sure by the middle of the season someone else would start to shine a la Jeremy Hill.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":mxm10sbp said:
Wouldnt Blue be an ideal pick up as he would cover both Foster and Bell early in the season? I'm sure by the middle of the season someone else would start to shine a la Jeremy Hill.

Yeah, except I can only have 4 rb's

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":21n20y5p said:
UK_Seahawk":21n20y5p said:

Yeah, except I can only have 4 rb's

I'd drop Abdullah then. I get the upside and all that but he could get buried in the depth chart. A bird in the hand etc...

Latest posts