Redskins give Jay Gruden five-year deal to become head coach

youngchew

Reaction score
Polaris":29lr2alg said:
Scottemojo":29lr2alg said:
A QB who doesn't yet fit his scheme. A primary RB who can't catch passes. A lack of good receivers. An awful defense in flux. Gruden is walking into a hot mess.

You forgot one: A self-entitled QB that runs the team.

London Fletcher, 1/9/13: London, tell us how the locker room felt about RGIII?”..."guys love him, no friction! The stuff about him being a Diva isn't true."

welp..... 8)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I know about Garcon. I watch plenty of your team.
Alfred Morris 11 catches last year, 9 this year. I don't know how you call that being relied upon heavily. Jordan Reed was impressive, seems on the verge of career ending head injuries. Otherwise, the team lacks offensive pass catching weapons.

youngchew

Reaction score
fair enough. but look at Morris' catches, most of them were very late in the season. he did well, and I expect to see him used in the passing game a lot more.

You're aware of Reed which is nice (most folks haven't heard of him), and yes I hope his injury-riddled season was an anomoly. Leonard hankerson is okay, but yeah we need another wide receiver. Hopefully having cap money to spend in free agency for the first time since 2010 will help.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
Guys, I was making out wuith a 49'ers fan all day, licking mustard out of his beard and shit. Guys, I have been thinking about it all day. I think that I actully like da 49'ers. right now, they the best. They got Offense, Dhey got the Defensive people too. Lol, I can type in pink. But anyways, I Really don't like the shithawks anymore.

Edit= Lol, How canz I lock doorz? I dunno

Polaris

Reaction score
youngchew":9l11lons said:
Polaris":9l11lons said:
Scottemojo":9l11lons said:
A QB who doesn't yet fit his scheme. A primary RB who can't catch passes. A lack of good receivers. An awful defense in flux. Gruden is walking into a hot mess.

London Fletcher, 1/9/13: London, tell us how the locker room felt about RGIII?”..."guys love him, no friction! The stuff about him being a Diva isn't true."

welp..... 8)

What else is he going to say? I've heard plenty of other reports that say otherwise.

youngchew

Reaction score
Polaris":w4ipr02y said:
youngchew":w4ipr02y said:
Polaris":w4ipr02y said:
Scottemojo":w4ipr02y said:

welp..... 8)

What else is he going to say? I've heard plenty of other reports that say otherwise.

but from who? Skip Bayless? Sally Jenkins? Mike Shanahan (aka "Redskins sources")?

the players are the ones who are actually in the locker room. Several Redskins players, including some team captains (Trent Williams, London Fletcher, Santana Moss, D'angelo Hall) have all said that the "RGME" and "diva" stuff that RG3 haters feed on is all bullcrap.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll take the word of guys who are actually in the locker room and interact with Griffin dailyinstead of talking head analysts and reporters....

Polaris

Reaction score
Setting aside our disagreements on sources, even an outsider observer at the beginning of the 2013 season could easily see that the story had become ROBERT GRIFFIN......and the Washington Redskins rather than the Washington Redskins with QB Robert Griffin like it should have been.

That's why I am inclined to believe that RG3 either has or has been treated as a diva. I do admit and know for a fact he wasn't that way at Baylor.

youngchew

Reaction score
I'll give you that. the "all in for week 1" stuff got old, fast. There's a fine line between confidence and conceit, and I think sometimes Robert tight ropes across it. I'm sure this horrendous season has humbled him some, and hopefully next year he'll be back to his rookie season form.

No subway commercials, no gatorade crap. Just hit the books, throw to receivers, and strengthen that knee this off-season. :)

But i don't think he means to come across as an over-confident d-bag, he's just so competitive, he's willing to do anything to win.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Add to it all the fact that Bruce Allen reportedly now has way more say over personnel, and I think this franchise is headed for a few years of the doldrums.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3rg7mxh3 said:
So now I read that Hue Jackson is going to the Bengals to replace Gruden. I love that move. And think a lot less of Gruden to the RacistSkins because the only good will I had was because Hue being part of the deal.

You forgot the draft mess he inherited as well. Ugh. I wouldn't have touched that job with a two hundred foot pole.

youngchew

Reaction score
Here's to hoping the Skins have a good season next year, cuz I've got a ton of quote-worthy material in here. ;)

only time will tell...

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":1xtwywma said:
Does Gruden try to fit Griffen into his WCO or does he change his offense to fit what Griffen does best?

No way he adapts his scheme. Did you see the article published this week, it discussed how High-Ups in the Bengal's organisation wanted Kaepernick when him and Red Rifle came out, but Gruden shouted em down and had none of it, cos he wanted a pocket passer for his WCO. Don't see him adapting now.

kearly

Reaction score
RE: Bengals offense, they scored more points than Seattle did this year.

Andy Dalton finished 4th in fantasy scoring among QBs, behind Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Cam Newton. Andy Dalton sat on the waiver wire all season long in both leagues that I played in (I had Drew Brees as my QB).

Fantasy football and actual football skill are two different things, but it does tell you that Andy Dalton has been productive, as has the Bengals offense at large. And yet I still can't believe how badly they shit the bed in last week's playoff game against the worst team to make the playoffs. It's a pretty safe bet that Andy Dalton, and perhaps Giovanni Bernard, will be among the bigger bargains in fantasy next season. Nobody knows how good that offense is, and it's because it seems they do all the damage when nobody is looking.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Everybody does know about AJ Green though, which I think is pretty funny.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
kearly":1aakhpxh said:
RE: Bengals offense, they scored more points than Seattle did this year.

Andy Dalton finished 4th in fantasy scoring among QBs, behind Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Cam Newton. Andy Dalton sat on the waiver wire all season long in both leagues that I played in (I had Drew Brees as my QB).

Fantasy football and actual football skill are two different things, but it does tell you that Andy Dalton has been productive, as has the Bengals offense at large. And yet I still can't believe how badly they shit the bed in last week's playoff game against the worst team to make the playoffs. It's a pretty safe bet that Andy Dalton, and perhaps Giovanni Bernard, will be among the bigger bargains in fantasy next season. Nobody knows how good that offense is, and it's because it seems they do all the damage when nobody is looking.

The problem with Dalton is he is maddeningly inconsistent, so much so speculation has begun over whether he can be 'the guy' in Cincy. In my fantasy league we increased the penalty for a qb throwing a pick, and he ended up finishing 8th at the position, still great of course, but 20 is a sizeable amount. I definitely agree the Bengal's O is very good; Green is easily top 3 at his position, their supplementary wr's in Sanu and Jones are strong, Bernard is great, and their TE's are both good, just not Dalton is a sure thing, not just yet, he seems as likely to throw multiple picks as td's.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mandu":28wr5xnt said:
The Washington Redskins hired former Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden as head coach Thursday, FOX Sports 1 Insider Jay Glazer has confirme

Updated Jan 9, 2014 10:05 AM ET

Gruden interviewed with the team Wednesday and the two were reportedly closing in on a deal early Thursday, which has now been completed. The deal is for five years, Glazer reports.

The team will hold a news conference Thursday to introduce its new coach.

The Redskins endured a rocky season in 2013, finishing 3-13 after making the playoffs in the 2012. Washington opted to fire head coach Mike Shanahan once the season ended.

FOX Sports 1 Insider Mike Garafolo reports that early indications point to Redskins tight end coach Sean McVay will be Washington's offensive coordinator and Hue Jackson will replace Gruden as the Bengals' offensive coordinator.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/reds ... ach-010914
Poor bastard!

mikeak

Reaction score
This is how it happened

Bruce Allen (GM) yells excitedly to Snyder - Gruden says he will come. Are you on board!!!!

Snyder - YES!!!!!! Oh sweet awesome job Bruce. Yessssss!!!!!

Then Snyder checks his tweets and realize they didn't sign Jon Gruden.....

Next week - Bruce Allen fired....

OrFan

Reaction score
This is a perfect match. The Redskums were the only team that would hire him, he was the only idiot that would work for that meddling owner.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Logicalvoicesays, IS THAT YOU?! I'm so glad you came to a Seahawks forum to tell us how wrong we are about your sorry racistskins. We can't get enough of you on PFT :roll: