Reed Already Has an Injury?

AgentDib

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding old and cranky I find this form of modern sports reporting very obnoxious.

First, a player tweaks something and leaves the field during a practice and twitter conjecture immediately runs rampant. Then, the player is held out of the next practice due to an abundance of caution as the Hawks want to make sure the player will be good to go in the regular season. The ensuing twitter take is that it "sounds like the Seahawks dodged a bullet", when the only bullet involved anywhere was conjured out of thin air by the initial overreaction.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1295455102551994368[/tweet]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, bumps and bruises in camp are nothing new. Injury is a little bit of a reach at this point. Unless he misses games I'm not gonna' worry about it. Same for other players. I guess teams have been "dodging bullets" for years then.

Smellyman

Reaction score
AgentDib":356kp287 said:
At the risk of sounding old and cranky I find this form of modern sports reporting very obnoxious.

First, a player tweaks something and leaves the field during a practice and twitter conjecture immediately runs rampant. Then, the player is held out of the next practice due to an abundance of caution as the Hawks want to make sure the player will be good to go in the regular season. The ensuing twitter take is that it "sounds like the Seahawks dodged a bullet", when the only bullet involved anywhere was conjured out of thin air by the initial overreaction.

bingo

ivotuk

Reaction score
Smellyman":385b7btd said:
AgentDib":385b7btd said:

bingo

double bingo!

There's a certain health issue that is a twitterverse dream come true.

sutz

Reaction score
It's why I try not to over react when somebody "leaves practice" without any explanations on some random day.

:229031_shrug: