Reed - QJeff - Clark - Marsh | D-LINE preseason compilation

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
kearly":1pakpq93 said:
At this point, it's looking like Jefferson and Reed have been our two best 2016 draft picks, IMO.
I will forgive you the brainfart for so completely forgetting about the stud with the 3000-mile long highlight film, Alex Collins.

:sarcasm_off:

chris98251

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3f82hjk5 said:
kearly":3f82hjk5 said:
At this point, it's looking like Jefferson and Reed have been our two best 2016 draft picks, IMO.
I will forgive you the brainfart for so completely forgetting about the stud with the 3000-mile long highlight film, Alex Collins.

3000 mile long in college? This is the NFL and I have yet to see many highlights.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
chris98251":20ovmrrq said:
LeftHandSmoke":20ovmrrq said:
kearly":20ovmrrq said:

3000 mile long in college? This is the NFL and I have yet to see many highlights.
Well obviously, the guy hasn't played a snap yet in the NFL. Was just elbowing kearly in the ribs for fun, realizing only recently how much cred he's earned around here. Kam would do the exact same.

But I've been watching Hawks and other NFL football for 30+ years too, some years quite obsessively. And on that count I want to give a shoutout thank you to RussJames (was it?) for posting the snap-to-snap YT vids. Watched some of them late last night, Chrome casted onto a bigscreen, the RB one twice. Collins is going to continue to be a solid back and a tough team personality.

Jville

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":3rj9ovp3 said:
chris98251":3rj9ovp3 said:
LeftHandSmoke":3rj9ovp3 said:
kearly":3rj9ovp3 said:

Well obviously, the guy hasn't played a snap yet in the NFL. Was just jabbing kearly in the ribs for fun, realizing only recently how much cred he's earned around here. Kam would do the exact same.

But I've been watching Hawks and other NFL football for 30+ years too, some years quite obsessively. And on that count I want to give a shoutout thank you to RussJames (was it?) for posting the snap-to-snap YT vids. Watched some of them late last night, Chrome casted onto a bigscreen, the RB one twice. Collins is going to continue to be a solid back and a tough team personality.

The thing is your not in the running back thread. Your in the defensive line thread. So you must be lost or something "LeftHandSmoke" ....

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Perhaps it was DL focused but the post was "At this point, it's looking like Jefferson and Reed have been our two best 2016 draft picks, IMO." That's a reasonable opinion but IMO Ifedi was the best one, followed by Reed and then Collins. Hard to put that into one thread without just doing it.

I'm a fearless poster, get used to it Jville.

kf3339

Reaction score
kearly":3gbkfqwm said:
Jefferson doesn't quite look like the pass rusher I was hoping for, but he's been so good at blowing up the run... I'm just fine with him being Cory Redding 2.0. We can always use that kind of profile in this defense. I also like that Jefferson rarely if ever gets blown off the ball or shoved around, something that was a glaring issue for Jordan Hill.

The way that Pete values run defense, Jefferson is looking like our 3-tech of the future. At this point, it's looking like Jefferson and Reed have been our two best 2016 draft picks, IMO.

I agree about his rush defense, but would like to see him wrap up better when he makes contact. Also, I think he will be a better pass rusher once the coaches and Bennett work with him this season. But for a rookie learning his job it's been great to watch.

But I wouldn't call him Cory Redding 2.0 this soon. Players can and do get better, so who knows?

The part about our 3tech of the future though is spot on!

McGruff

Reaction score
kf3339":hb1o1p36 said:
kearly":hb1o1p36 said:
Jefferson doesn't quite look like the pass rusher I was hoping for, but he's been so good at blowing up the run... I'm just fine with him being Cory Redding 2.0. We can always use that kind of profile in this defense. I also like that Jefferson rarely if ever gets blown off the ball or shoved around, something that was a glaring issue for Jordan Hill.

The way that Pete values run defense, Jefferson is looking like our 3-tech of the future. At this point, it's looking like Jefferson and Reed have been our two best 2016 draft picks, IMO.

I agree about his rush defense, but would like to see him wrap up better when he makes contact. Also, I think he will be a better pass rusher once the coaches and Bennett work with him this season. But for a rookie learning his job it's been great to watch.

But I wouldn't call him Cory Redding 2.0 this soon. Players can and do get better, so who knows?

Ain't nothing wrong with Cory Redding. If you can get 13 years and 130+ starts out of a 5th round pick, you've made a pretty good selection.

kf3339

Reaction score
McGruff":2d3wnc0a said:
kf3339":2d3wnc0a said:
kearly":2d3wnc0a said:

Ain't nothing wrong with Cory Redding. If you can get 13 years and 130+ starts out of a 5th round pick, you've made a pretty good selection.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Redding. I just said that I don't feel Jefferson should be assumed this soon that he can't be a pass rusher from the 3tech position. There are plenty of examples of guys coming out who take a year or two and then become dominant 3tech pass rushers in the NFL. I was just saying lets not give up on him learning that skill set this soon in his career.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":39w6wnjh said:
Marsh does have a motor, and he did a nice job disengaging on some of the clip plays. He still needs to prove he can make plays consistently against the 1s. The DE rotation looks much healthier if he can cut it.

He still looks excruciatingly slow for someone his size. Love the motor, but it's not hard to picture him being consistently a tick too late against starters.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kf3339":1yn5s819 said:
McGruff":1yn5s819 said:
kf3339":1yn5s819 said:
kearly":1yn5s819 said:

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Redding. I just said that I don't feel Jefferson should be assumed this soon that he can't be a pass rusher from the 3tech position. There are plenty of examples of guys coming out who take a year or two and then become dominant 3tech pass rushers in the NFL. I was just saying lets not give up on him learning that skill set this soon in his career.

Yup! And I wholeheartedly agree that he needs to learn to use his hands better. There is room for TONS of improvement in that area, because it's almost non-existent with him right now. Just a marginal bump in the use of his hands would result in QJ getting home noticeably more consistently.