Reflections on our next opponent, the Detroit Lions

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I haven't seen the line yet. I doubt we will be favored by more than 3. We could very well lose to them as they've really gelled in December with wins against Minny and Cards. Even before that, they were usually in the game until the end.

You can tell that this team, ownership, fans are all behind Dan Campbell. They feel like a very forward looking team, one that's figured out at least half the QB/HC quandary. You don't see the defense and offense pitted against each other metaphorically, whereas we've seen it since 2015.

A loss to the Lions would have the silver lining of waking people up, people like Jody. Otherwise it feels more like another Patricia year, but worse. I can't see Russ being happy to the point of improvement any more than he was this year with Waldron. Next week might be when they finally start talking about the rebuild.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Next week? Holy Jesus. There is nothing left to see or prove. This team is lost. No chemistry at all.

It's blatantly obvious changes need to be made in every facet of our game, except punting.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":1wl8ho0p said:
Next week? Holy Jesus. There is nothing left to see or prove. This team is lost. No chemistry at all.

It's blatantly obvious changes need to be made in every facet of our game, except punting.

Well...the punting wasn't stellar today. But that could be an anomaly.

The Lions lost by two points today against the Falcons. But they are glass half-full people: Their QB was on covid list so they trotted out the backup who did better than they thought--they were in it until the end despite his inadequacies. Goff, despite his inadequacies, has been playing much better since Minny.

Even before the Bears game, I worried about the Lions more. It just seems like they are doing the right things--not in time to save their season, but enough to make them a reasonable threat.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yup, Lions game right now looks like a tossup. Or maybe advantage Goff and the Lions offense the way they've been playing. They beat up the Cards...