Reform Is Needed!!

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Once again if your looking for honesty and integrity you won't find it in the NFL. They could easily fix this issue by fining the refs when they make obvious errors. If I made those kind of errors on the job i'd be fired fining them would at least be a deterrent but the NFL has an agenda this is how they want it . Some teams get calls over others it's what they want if they didn't the NFL would correct it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Heard (Baghdad) Mike Peirea call for a sky judge as an 8th, full member of the officiating crew today on the Rich Eisen show. Even he's on board. With sports wagering becoming legal in many states they're going to have to do this imo. Gonna cost them the salary of another official and they ain't gonna like it but they're quickly finding themselves between a rock and a hard place.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
2_0_6":2jdl35nx said:
As long as the big market teams are winning there are no problems..
Yep, as long as the NFL is getting their “desired results” all is good in their minds.
The “legacy teams” have bigger fanbases, the more legacy teams that make the playoffs the more playoff and super bowl swag and merch they sell which = more $$$. It’s simple economics.

The NFL is a business first, sports league second.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":pmrli2w3 said:
Computers need to officiate games...not humans...

Yeah... but there are only so many levels of "If this then that"

hmmm.... maybe a PowerShell script.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I tune in to watch football not referees, and am getting tired of the striped shirt screen time and narrative not being about football but referees missed calls, bad calls, etc., and hearing the talking heads like "Bagdad Mike Pierra" pontificate.

Let's get back to old time slobber knocking and rid the game of tricky tack momentum killing trivial and often dubious fouls.

I also want to see the onside kick rule revised b/c it is now gone from the game.