Remember this old timers?

jeremiah

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3jnxnffv said:
I'll never forget that game and moment. When Skansi caught that I jumped on the couch and knocked the whole thing back, rolled on the floor and screamed. The late D. Thomas was insane in that game.

The game was MUCH better then. Better balance between O and D in rules. The rules were clear and this stupid obsession with concussions and protecting players was years in the future. My view is if you are paying players multiple millions per year, they can get back in the game and play if they can pass the "how many fingers" test. I remember more players including QB's, getting the snot bubbles knocked out of them, only to come back in after a few plays off, to elevate their game. The same goes for WR's, and RB's.

I know I am a minority voice, but I get more enjoyment out of talking about the sport, than watching it. The replays, the constant looking for a flag, the insane kick-off, roughing, and blocking rules just take the game from transcendent to boring. The only thing I like is taking away the use of the helmet as a weapon. Of course that was part of the old rules anyway, it was called spearing, and was actually called a lot. If a Defensive player was using this tactic during a game, an O linemen would usually peel off sometime in the game and "earhole" the a hole as payback.

Truth, the game still is raking in Benjamins, but it is no longer fun.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I remember watching that game at home. Went nuts after stopping the losing streak at Arrowhead.

This is the reason I always vote for Skansi to raise the 12th man flag.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Played with Krieg in a fundraiser basketball game back in the day.

He was listed as 6'1 but was a little shorter than me. (I'm 6-foot) (Maybe his college height and he shrunk from all those sacks he took in the NFL? :shock: )

Had surprisingly small hands.

Very hairy.

Never would have guessed he was an NFL QB just by looking at him. He would have fit right in on a paving crew or something.

Hell of a nice guy. Class act. And when the game started - he could ball. And as the game went on he got more and more serious about it. Didn't want to lose. Sweat like a rainstorm. Wasn't pleasant brushing by one of his picks. He had a nice little 15-foot jumper. Decent dribbler. Great passer - saw the court really well. Go figure. And a lot stronger than he looked. Tough to block out on the boards. Couldn't jump though. I blocked his shot a couple times.

Was a fun game, raised some money for a local charity and him and some of the other Hawks who were there went out for some brews with some of the locals. (I couldn't because I wasn't yet 21)

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I started following the Hawks in '84. So I know I saw the game, but hell, I don't remember a dman thing.
But thanks for the memories! :lol:

no4mk1

Reaction score
Awesome. My favorite Krieg pass was the first play from scrimmage at Mile High in 1984. 80 yard TD pass to Daryl "Burner" Turner. I will never forget how excited my 13-year-old self was.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
no4mk1":1wq7v8k3 said:
Awesome. My favorite Krieg pass was the first play from scrimmage at Mile High in 1984. 80 yard TD pass to Daryl "Burner" Turner. I will never forget how excited my 13-year-old self was.

YES!!! That was awesome! He caught it with his fingertips, right? Just barely enough to haul it in! That's my 34-year old memory anyways... :)

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
TheHawkster":2l2qk5ko said:
I remember watching that game at home. Went nuts after stopping the losing streak at Arrowhead.

And he should DAMN WELL do so!! I'm on your team. Why hasn't this happened?? Paul was the "Largent" possession receiver after Largent left! And he did a fine job!

TheHawkster

Reaction score
BlueThunder":bk7iftwy said:
TheHawkster":bk7iftwy said:

And he should DAMN WELL do so!! I'm on your team. Why hasn't this happened?? Paul was the "Largent" possession receiver after Largent left! And he did a fine job!

And I heard he still lives in Tacoma.
It's gotta happen!
Maybe at a Chiefs game.