Report: Harvin had Cortisone shot in hip over weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawk45":2v4tsahk said:
By the time you're talking "more cautiously" than limited action in 1 game then out of commission for 2 weeks, you're darned close to being shut down for the rest of the season anyhow, for all intents and purposes.

Bottom Line: This is "normal" for major surgery, but anyone that thinks this isn't still a significant setback is lying to themselves. If Harvin's hip didn't respond well after very limited play and TWO weeks off, then I don't see how he's ever going to play again this year.

Rocket

Reaction score
Cartire":9at9h3pw said:
Can we please stop having a thread for every minute of Harvins day.
In other news, Percy Harvin woke up this morning... he is expected to sleep tonight, but Coach Carroll is noncommittal.

8)

Corti-zone is a good sign that he might play... reduces inflammation, but y'all know that.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jboh8wg said:
Bottom Line: This is "normal" for major surgery, but anyone that thinks this isn't still a significant setback is lying to themselves. If Harvin's hip didn't respond well after very limited play and TWO weeks off, then I don't see how he's ever going to play again this year.

black-kid-staring-gif.gif

Geologic

Reaction score
The Seahawks should have him ready for the playoff run. HFA would be nice too but hopefully we can get that without his help. He should rest up. We already saw how much he changes the game when he's healthy.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":82i21wil said:
the Seahawks want to unleash the Harvin against the Niners.

Doesn't matter what the team wants. Percy only plays if Percy feels like playing that day.

djb28

Reaction score
2 years ago I had a Rooster Comb injection in my knee. I was told I shouldn't have any inflammation for at least a year.
I have run every day 3 miles since that shot 2 years ago without any pain whatsoever. Maybe he needs one of those!

veazy22

Reaction score
Percy Harvin had injections for his ailing hip Friday He views himself as out for tonight. Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) "https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/407545608602263553">December 2, 2013

I thought cortisone injections are suppose to help you play? Should have he done this during the bye week? Harvin is starting to look like a softie.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Word on Percy all along was that he will not play if he is feeling anything less than 100%. Hate to say it, but now that he has been paid it probably becomes far less likely he will ever attempt to play through any sort of pain.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2qfntehk said:
NJSeaHawk":2qfntehk said:
the Seahawks want to unleash the Harvin against the Niners.

Doesn't matter what the team wants. Percy only plays if Percy feels like playing that day.

Oh Percy is going to play that day. Oh yes, yes he will.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure what people actually expect from a guy who was out for so long and is coming off of a huge surgery like this. Pete has stated that they would be extremely cautious with him because he's more important to the future of the franchise than he is for any particular game. The fact that his hip is sore after his first game back and is taking time to heal up properly isn't out of the normal. Sure it's disappointing, but it's not like we haven't won plenty of games without him. Kearse, Baldwin & Tate have done and will continue to do a solid job out there. Tonight, against the Saints, it's going to be about running the ball. Having a healthy OLine is more important in this game than a healthy Harvin. We need a healthy dose of Lynch tonight and control the clock to keep our defense fresh. We do this and we increase our odds of winning dramatically

stack600

Reaction score
djb28":19kckki7 said:
2 years ago I had a Rooster Comb injection in my knee. I was told I shouldn't have any inflammation for at least a year.
I have run every day 3 miles since that shot 2 years ago without any pain whatsoever. Maybe he needs one of those!
Visosupplemetation, I'm glad it worked for you. Viso replace's worn cartlidge with a jell like substance so there isn't so much bone on bone.
Cortizone is an anti Inflamitory used to help reduce swelling and offer relief from pain caused by swelling.
As I have had 1 Total Knee Replacement and am scheduled for the other Knee on Dec 16th I have had both these treatments many times.
My take is cortizone injections will help Persy continue rehab. This in no way means he won't play again this year. In rehab setbacks are common especially were a labrum was cut and resowed to his hip to keep the hip joint in place. Healing is 4 months but symptoms and swelling can last up to a year.
I really think he will play again, But I think he pushed it to play against his former team..Just my thought...

TaterHawk

Reaction score
I used it for elbow and shoulder issues. It's not a fix in any way, but it's great stuff. It allows you to continue use if you plan surgery later, or after surgery if there is no further risk of injury.The surgery corrected the problem. Likely he can't hurt it more. Cortisone provides a fluid pocket, and lubrication. If there was concern for more injury with continued use I don't think they would have hit him with cortisone. I expect a game time decision and he will feel good and be in PC's ear.

Of the next games we have this is the most important. I bet he plays

themunn

Reaction score
come on percy, risk yourself for this game we don't need you for the rest of the season should just go and if you get injured oh well

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
themunn":13jmpj9q said:
come on percy, risk yourself for this game we don't need you for the rest of the season should just go and if you get injured oh well

I see what you did there.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I had no idea so many .netters were actually orthopedists so skilled they can diagnose someone they never met from a computer screen. Glad to know hes healthy enough to play and is simply choosing not to and that the initial reports of his surgical repaired hip not being ready until late December at the earliest were simply lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts