Report: NFL threatens Marshawn with increasing fines

hawknation2015

Reaction score
An NFL official said the league is considering fining Lynch "significantly more" than the $50,000 it has fined him in each of the past two seasons for not speaking to the media, something Lynch again declined to do postgame Sunday. . . . An NFL official said there would be increasing fines for each session Lynch misses, with each fine being more than the two $50,000 fines already imposed and the upcoming fine that is expected soon.
-- Adam Schefter | ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/st ... ne-gesture

Personally, I think league will be coming down tough on us for virtually everything so as not to appear to have given us an unfair advantage after they SLAM the Patriots for Deflategate.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Crotch grab for split second / no talkie to media, = big fines. Cheat and lie about it.... nothing. The NFL protects legacy franchises, it's so blatantly obvious.

mikeak

Reaction score
I don't understand why Lynch hasn't found a doctor to declare a disability about speaking in front of others. Then protected under the Disability Act which would override the CBA

Such a simple solution and a lot cheaper than $50k

mikeak

Reaction score
Jiggy":3p9jgaac said:
RunTheBall":3p9jgaac said:
Crotch grab for split second / no talkie to media, = big fines. Cheat and lie about it.... nothing. The NFL protects legacy franchises, it's so blatantly obvious.

Don't forget that if you wear the wrong colored shoes, you will be ejected from the game...

NFL threatened to eject Marshawn Lynch if he wears $1K gold cleats

No the ejection would be for continuing to wear shoes not matching uniform code AFTER being told not to wear them

slargent4ever

Reaction score
mikeak":3sbdo615 said:
I don't understand why Lynch hasn't found a doctor to declare a disability about speaking in front of others. Then protected under the Disability Act which would override the CBA

Could get diagnosed with jock itch too.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
mikeak":15sj7vhv said:

Because he doesn't have a disability - he just doesn't care and doesn't like what the NFL stands for. He just likes to kick peoples, well, yeah - he's real.

mikeak

Reaction score
slargent4ever":510m5pwr said:
mikeak":510m5pwr said:

Could get diagnosed with jock itch too.

LOL - literally

chevelle03

Reaction score
I really hope this shit doesn't drive Marshawn away from the game. But if it does, I would totally understand.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
mikeak":23vllw7z said:

Agreed. At this point I have no sympathy for him because of this. Basically this is a big sign or hint that he will in fact walk away after this year.

LTH

Reaction score
This stuff by the NFL is all bull crap!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
They've given him so many fines and he keeps doing his thing. Fine Marshawn, do your thing, but they've fined you before and you won't play the (follow the rules) game. So don't get upset about fines getting larger and larger.

The fines are simple, they are to get you to follow the rules. Stop grabbing your nuts, talk to the media, the fines stop. Keep doing it, fines continue and get larger and larger. It's like a speeding ticket, the point of it is to get you to STOP speeding. First offense the fine sucks, second time its worse and they're no longer letting you appeal, keep going and the fines double/triple until eventually you lose your license or you stop speeding.

How hard is that?!?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2l1lvv0a said:
mikeak":2l1lvv0a said:

Agreed. At this point I have no sympathy for him because of this. Basically this is a big sign or hint that he will in fact walk away after this year.

And that's so disappointing because ALL OF THIS is an easy fix. I like how on His & Hers they bring up the simple notion of...are you a check casher or a check writer? (i.e. THE MAN). If you're not a check writer and still want to collect your checks, then shut up and play the game. or in this case stop grabbing your junk and either talk to the media, or have your agent go find a doctor who can write you up a nice little excuse note.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
RunTheBall":1k8q2rfo said:

Investigation is not done yet. I'm going to reserve my judgement until after it's concluded, and you bet your butt if the investigation proves real connection NFL dropping the hammer.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":3s793psb said:
I doubt the NFL will do anything to the Pats prior to the Superbowl.

and they shouldn't. Take Brady or Belichick out of that game and that hurts the Pats AND the Hawks, because if the Hawks win, it's a tainted win, and the Hawks didn't cheat (or at least get caught for it).

Hawkboi

Reaction score
The NFL needs to leave Marshawn alone.... They have much bigger problems to deal with, so why do they have to focus on Marshawn grabbing his crotch when he scores a Touchdown versus trying to walk away from "Deflationgate".... It's pure stupid in my opinion, and makes the NFL look like Romper Room... Also, if he doesn't want to talk to the media because that's not his main thing, then so be it... They're trying to make him look like he's not following rules... It's time the NFL just leaves him alone and let him do what he does best... Play Football, and make the action happen!!! The NFL needs to concentrate on bigger issues period... :!:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Hawkboi":305cycby said:
The NFL needs to leave Marshawn alone....

Whenever Hawk fans say things like the above, this is what we look like.

Leave britney alone

The NFL has deeper pockets than Marshawn, and they don't NEED Marshawn.

If Marshawn wants to continue playing and getting paid good money for it. Talk to the damn media or get a doctor's note. Or Retire, and if he really retired over it, that's just disappointing that he'd let something so petty get to him that much.

H4WKSF4N

Reaction score
Would be great to see Seahawks adjust Lynch's contract next season with an extension and include all the fines $ he's lost this year.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Marshawn has not let anyone stop him being him, and that is a principle I can respect. If you want to be a little bitch about it then so be it. As for the nuts thing, I did not notice this level of sanctimony when he first did it against the Saints.

Latest posts