Results Today Show Why Seahawks Will Be in the Mix

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3d3h1ehl said:
Cable was making an analogy on how a proficient offense is run.

I advocate we have a solid coaching staff and they should all be back. Continuity works for our team.
I am all for a decent run game that goes 55/45 at best. I'd prefer a more even split but Pete is run first, middle and last so I will deal. I am just saying Cable and his bullshit scheme has to go. Simple right? Running is awesome but you have to protect your 18M quarterback so you tell me what needs to change or go? The guy that doesn't know a decent OL guy to save his life or the guy trying to get Wilson to actually stand up to Pete and make this team his?

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm a huge RW fan and admired his ability to play through injuries, but I saw him overthrow dozens of passes this year, many would have been TD's. You don't see Ryan and Rodgers doing that.

There may be a ton of reasons why but it is a fact that he did it.

hawker84

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1jieg4t8 said:
Steve2222":1jieg4t8 said:
Wilson would shred defenses with Ryan's supporting cast. Hell he would shred defenses with all those teams supporting cast. All of them have good to great OLs.

Rodgers and Roethlisberger have made it to the playoffs in years when their OL is terrible. And Brady and Ryan just get rid of the ball fast, which forces defenses to back off and makes protection easier.

So has Wilson. Neither of those QB's has ever played behind a O line as bad as ours, EVER....... I do agree however RW holds onto the ball way too longs, and takes way too many unnecessary sacks....

Steve2222

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":313veosh said:
Steve2222":313veosh said:
Wilson would shred defenses with Ryan's supporting cast. Hell he would shred defenses with all those teams supporting cast. All of them have good to great OLs.

Rodgers and Roethlisberger have made it to the playoffs in years when their OL is terrible. And Brady and Ryan just get rid of the ball fast, which forces defenses to back off and makes protection easier.

Yeah. And Wilson has made the playoffs going on three straight years with a bad to terrible OL. What's your point? And how many times has Rodgers and Ben reached the Super Bowl with subpar OLs?

Also, Big Bens OL this year is elite, he's throwing to the best WR in the NFL, handing the ball off to the best HB in the NFL. Comparing Big Ben to Russell this year is not only unfair, it's insane.

NJlargent

Reaction score
It's true that RW has numerous overthrows, some of which, because of the situation, were frustrating and momentum killers. I have no idea why but the o-line has to play a major reason. We invested heavily into him and then essentially set him up to regress.

RW may not be a pin point thrower like Rodgers or Brady but he has enough tools to win Super Bowls if the supporting cast is in place. At the moment, the supporting cast is abysmal and that's why we regress, albeit minimally, each year.

I hope we extract some money, however we can, from the defense because our defense is significantly overrated. Unless developing a decent offense rekindles an old flame with the defense, I think we need to pay accordingly for the bend and usually don't break defense that we have.

I think status quo brings us a wildcard loss next year, followed by 8-8. Then the fear we go back to the 90s. I think the time is critical to stay on the outskirts of elite or even be elite, rather than slip back to irrelevance, so I'm really hoping we have some major events this offseason

Steve2222

Reaction score
Largent80":1ws7mhif said:
I'm a huge RW fan and admired his ability to play through injuries, but I saw him overthrow dozens of passes this year, many would have been TD's. You don't see Ryan and Rodgers doing that.

Aaron Rodgers was terrible at the beginning of the season. I saw him over throw plenty of times. Sometimes a QB just gets hot. Russell was in that type of zone last year to end the season. It's just too bad our defense spotted Carolina a quick 30 points last year.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Steve2222":2ocg85aj said:
Largent80":2ocg85aj said:

Aaron Rodgers was terrible at the beginning of the season. I saw him over throw plenty of times. Sometimes a QB just gets hot. Russell was in that type of zone last year to end the season. It's just too bad our defense spotted Carolina a quick 30 points last year.

Actually RW helped with that too. Pick 6 by Kuechly.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Steve2222":23a7n7a7 said:
It's just too bad our defense spotted Carolina a quick 30 points last year.

Ummm, the Hawks had three possessions in the first quarter, two which ended in Wilson throwing a pick within two snaps, and the third of which resulted in a punt.

By halftime the Hawks offense had two turnovers, had put up 113 yards of total offense, and hadn't scored a point and you want to put ALL OF THAT on the defense?

C'mon man. It was a team-level crapping of the bed in the first quarter followed by three quarters of garbage time.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":3eptyk1g said:

Rodgers overthrew at least two yesterday. It happens.

Hawks46

Reaction score
sondevil89":21aazq9m said:
Anthony!":21aazq9m said:
MontanaHawk05":21aazq9m said:
Steve2222":21aazq9m said:

Of the 5 Qbs Wilson has had to play behind the worse of the pass blocking olines and yet we have at least gotten to the DIvional round every year

Yeah, good work! I suspected as much. nobody has had to deal w/lines as bad as RW's have been.

And it also shows elite QBs handle relatively poor OL play. Not many of those QBs had top 10 OL play, and none of them consistently. It goes counter to the "blow it all up and go all OL" mantra around here.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Largent80":1s8uy62h said:

actually if you watched them play the did as well. Ryan missed at least 2 in our game, Rodgers missed at least 2 in his and that is just the playoffs. It happens. FYI sometimes it is not on the Qb either in one of Rodgers the Wr slowed down for some reason. IN one of Wilsons in our game DB decided to make contact with the defender and that slowed him down. So yes Wilson did miss some but all the other QBs to include Rodgers and Ryan do to, the difference is they throw more so they can make up for it.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawker84":rgo4nbug said:
MontanaHawk05":rgo4nbug said:
Steve2222":rgo4nbug said:

So has Wilson. Neither of those QB's has ever played behind a O line as bad as ours, EVER....... I do agree however RW holds onto the ball way too longs, and takes way too many unnecessary sacks....

Agreed but the question is, is it because he has no place to throw it? or no way to throw it away without a penalty? OR a little of both. In the last game there were numerous times there was no place to throw it and he had no way to get out of the pocket to throw it away. Also what down was it if it was 3rd throwing it away does not help. I agree sometimes he holds it to long but I ma not sure most of those times he has a choice

Anthony!

Reaction score
Steve2222":7h6qd0bc said:
MontanaHawk05":7h6qd0bc said:
Steve2222":7h6qd0bc said:

Yeah. And Wilson has made the playoffs going on three straight years with a bad to terrible OL. What's your point? And how many times has Rodgers and Ben reached the Super Bowl with subpar OLs?

Also, Big Bens OL this year is elite, he's throwing to the best WR in the NFL, handing the ball off to the best HB in the NFL. Comparing Big Ben to Russell this year is not only unfair, it's insane.

IN the times Rodgers and Ben made it to the SB their olines were never ranked worse than 18th.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawks46":2g1oha3x said:
sondevil89":2g1oha3x said:
Anthony!":2g1oha3x said:
MontanaHawk05":2g1oha3x said:

Of the 5 Qbs Wilson has had to play behind the worse of the pass blocking olines and yet we have at least gotten to the DIvional round every year

Yeah, good work! I suspected as much. nobody has had to deal w/lines as bad as RW's have been.

And it also shows elite QBs handle relatively poor OL play. Not many of those QBs had top 10 OL play, and none of them consistently. It goes counter to the "blow it all up and go all OL" mantra around here.

agreed but there is a difference between top 20 and bottom 5. a huge difference. we do not need a top 10 line but at least a top 15 or 20 wold be nice as Wilson has never had that unlike Brady, Ben, Ryan, Rodgers

Boycie

Reaction score
Josea16":286vfg8w said:
Steve2222":286vfg8w said:
Wilson would shred defenses with Ryan's supporting cast. Hell he would shred defenses with all those teams supporting cast. All of them have good to great OLs. The only QB in the league better than Wilson is Rodgers.

I say **** it. Break up the formula and just build around Wilson.
Gee, finally somebody has a clue. You're correct the NFL is all about the quarterback. We have one that is at least borderline elite, so stop the madness and build the team around him and not some mythical Marshawn Lynch we DO NOT HAVE.

We do have a generational quarterback we do not a generational running back. Get with the program Pete or get out.

We will need to make changes in the philosophy of our offense for sure starting with getting a serviceable o-line for Russ to work behind. i watch Dak have all day back there to sling it, and can only dream what Russ would look like with a line half as good.

I haven't checked, but I am not sure that this years FA class is anything to to be excited about, and the draft seems like there may be 1 or 2 first rounder o-linemen this year, so how do they go about fixing this o-line?

Steve2222

Reaction score
Popeyejones":j8zvz7ma said:
Steve2222":j8zvz7ma said:
It's just too bad our defense spotted Carolina a quick 30 points last year.

Ummm, the Hawks had three possessions in the first quarter, two which ended in Wilson throwing a pick within two snaps, and the third of which resulted in a punt.

By halftime the Hawks offense had two turnovers, had put up 113 yards of total offense, and hadn't scored a point and you want to put ALL OF THAT on the defense?

C'mon man. It was a team-level crapping of the bed in the first quarter followed by three quarters of garbage time.

Yeah no doubt it was a team level event. That entire game was a fluke as far as I'm concerned. It was an outlier for Russ' hot finish to the season. I don't count the Vikings game because human shouldn't be performing high level physical activity in -13 degree weather.

stizz19

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3rqe2b2i said:
sondevil89":3rqe2b2i said:
It's a tired cliche but it's true, the NFL is a QB-driven league. Look who's left, arguably the best four QB's in the league, Brady, Rogers, Ryan, and Roethlisberger.

With a serviceable O-Line RW is right there. There are about 24 teams in the NFL that have very little chance of making it to the SB.

Those teams probably have the best coaching in the league as well.
Mccarthy is not a good coach IMO

Latest posts