Returning After Being Released

skater18000

Reaction score
We released a lot of potentially good depth, especially along the defensive line. Needless to say we did replace some of them with a few moves, hopefully those of which becoming upgrades, but there's a few of the players we released still floating around.

Poona Ford
Weight: 310
Height: 5-11

Probably not seen as much of a fit anymore in this current defense, but if we could somehow get him back for around 2 mil, I think he would still be nice to have out there.

Shelby Harris
Weight: 292
Height: 6-2

His salary that he brought over with from Denver was way to high considering his age, production and need at the position. We must feel we can get by with younger cheaper options at his position and that's why he became expendable. From what I remember seeing and hearing, he was good and could still have an impact on this defense. 1 year, 3 Million?

Al Woods
Weight: 330
Height: 6-3

Injury prone and old unfortunately, but we are really thin at the Nose position and for the right price, we have to still consider him still as an option, especially if we don't get the right player to fall to us in the draft. Maybe there's a younger, cheaper option with more upside out there on the FA market, but I'm sure the team feels like he's one call away from helping us out at some point next year.

Of the players we've released, which one(s) would you like back on a cheaper salary than before?

nanomoz

Reaction score
Didn't Poona's contract just expire? He wasn't released, was he?

At any rate, Shelby Harris at a much lower cap hit wouldn't suck. Poona just didn't fit anymore.

But it's going to take some cap massaging already. They're functionally about $15 mil. over the cap once you factor in rookie contracts and needed contingency.