Reuben Foster Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It is possible she is being paid off. See Greg Hardy’s ex.
But then again, if what she is telling the truth NOW and she made the original story up, she needs to be prosecuted to the FULLEST extent of the law.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Marvin49":1p7nf2ko said:
JGfromtheNW":1p7nf2ko said:
Honestly, and this is probably just the cynic in me, I think it's far more likely she's recanting because there's money with her name on it if Foster is cleared than anything else.

Victims of DV do this type of stuff - even when there isn't massive financial gain to be had like in this situation. They go back on what they said, they say it's their own fault for things escalating, they say things didn't actually happen the way they initially explained it, they say that they somehow already had their injuries, etc. They stop working with the prosecutors and then the next thing we know the perp. gets a slap on the wrist.

Even if this all blows over, I would never trust Foster moving forward. I'm not rooting for his demise, but I would be surprised if he straightened up and didn't have trouble continue to follow him.

...and that's what really sucks about this whole thing.

People will always assume he paid her off. The accusation was enough.

The way this thing has happened makes me believe her now but I can't say 100% that it didn't happen.

I get the reasons why the DA has to push this since so many accusers recant, but I also know from some experience that some accusers don't understand that once they make the accusation they can't just take it back. The Da will continue without you and it isn't just a matter of backing out.

IE, I totally get why the law is setup the way it is to essentially protect accusers from themselves but the law also entraps some people who were innocent from the start when someone says something in anger that they can't take back.

I've seen it happen.

The DA is doing what they are supposed to do and unfortunately (assuming he's innocent) Fosters name is permanently tainted.

I agree with a lot of what you've been posting in this thread, Marvin. The accusation is all it really took for his image to be seriously tarnished and that might end up being the saddest part of this entire story.

Sports Hernia":1p7nf2ko said:
It is possible she is being paid off. See Greg Hardy’s ex.
But then again, if what she is telling the truth NOW and she made the original story up, she needs to be prosecuted to the FULLEST extent of the law.

Agreed.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Apparently she also said she was jailed in 2011 for falsely accusing a boyfriend of DV.

Either we believe her testimony or she is legit a crazy person and making up a criminal record.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If she did in fact make this whole thing up to make some $, she needs to be behind bars for a LONG time. That's some weak sauce right there.

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/997192491072802816[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
They won't jail her, she can pull emotional duress, the law made to protect also incriminates and puts the accused in a mode he has to defend his innocence versus a accuser just making a statement that causes all this. Gold Diggers can ruin people, still get paid off in these high profile situations. I mean think of the interviews that people are going to pay her for now right or wrong because she is a story, that doesn't include whatever she gets if she is recanting to save Foster. If she isn't getting paid Foster still is out the stuff she took and whatever his fees for court are.

I had a Aunt that was really bad, she has had 5 husbands, to get one out of the house because he would not leave she smashed her face with a plastic coffee cup and said her husband hit her, they took him away, while gone she emptied the bank account ran up his credit cards moved out of the house and foiled for divorce, alimony, his pension and half his social security on retirement. She did this 5 times in different places and states. Also they all mysteriously died within 3 months of her leaving.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^ maybe you missed the part where she’s already been jailed for this?

Assuming her statements are true, for my money she’s putting herself at massive legal risk in order to be contrite and tell the truth. She needs state paid for and mandated psychological counciling — more jail isn’t going to help her or anyone else.

(FWIW if it was the reverse and a domestic abuser took the stand and said I did this and I’m wrong and broke down crying throughout his testimony I’d say the exact same like thing about him.)

Put folks like this in rights restricted halfway houses and get them th help they need. The help they need isn’t found sitting in a jail cell.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Hearing reconvened at 1:30 BTW. Won't be any more tweets from Beat Writers in room until they break again.

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/997227303963799553[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChrisBiderman/status/997227709246783488[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChrisBiderman/status/997228344566366208[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/997229354034782208[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/997229834404155393[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/997231153609240576[/tweet]

kidhawk

Reaction score
So, my question here is....was the video introduced at this hearing? Has it been verified at all?

Marvin49

Reaction score
kidhawk":30n5ib4b said:
So, my question here is....was the video introduced at this hearing? Has it been verified at all?

All I've seen mention of is that is was 22 seconds long. I don't think it was shown in court. To be honest though, regardless of what is on the video (unless it can be proven to be falsified), what I'm seeing of what the Defense presented vs what the prosecution presented....you really gotta want him to be guilty to come away thinking he's guilty. Just my opinion.

What I'm reading now is pretty damning for her:

1) The person she flagged down said she had no visible injuries and she wasn't panicked at all.

2) 2 Cops were on scene. One of them said that her injuries didn't seem consistent with her description of him punching her 8-10 times. Keep in mind this was a PROSECUTION witness. The second cop when pressed on if the injuries were consistent with being punched by Foster 8-10 times said "Its not my job to have an opinion" and when pressed said "some people punch in different ways".

Huh?

She also said he seemed agitated when they arrived but I'd imagine just about anyone would be agitated if the cops were called and your girlfriend was telling them you hit her 8-10 times.

3) All accounts I've read from people in the room said this hearing overwhelmingly went Fosters way and seemed to exonerate him. Reporters who were in the room afterward asked the Lawyer when he was leaving "How does it feel to exonerate your client" and "Are you going to sue Ms. Ennis".

kidhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1l21lfvo said:
kidhawk":1l21lfvo said:

All I've seen mention of is that is was 22 seconds long. I don't think it was shown in court. To be honest though, regardless of what is on the video (unless it can be proven to be falsified), what I'm seeing of what the Defense presented vs what the prosecution presented....you really gotta want him to be guilty to come away thinking he's guilty. Just my opinion.

What I'm reading now is pretty damning for her:

1) The person she flagged down said she had no visible injuries and she wasn't panicked at all.

2) 2 Cops were on scene. One of them said that her injuries didn't seem consistent with her description of him punching her 8-10 times. Keep in mind this was a PROSECUTION witness. The second cop when pressed on if the injuries were consistent with being punched by Foster 8-10 times said "Its not my job to have an opinion" and when pressed said "some people punch in different ways".

Huh?

She also said he seemed agitated when they arrived but I'd imagine just about anyone would be agitated if the cops were called and your girlfriend was telling them you hit her 8-10 times.

3) All accounts I've read from people in the room said this hearing overwhelmingly went Fosters way and seemed to exonerate him. Reporters who were in the room afterward asked the Lawyer when he was leaving "How does it feel to exonerate your client" and "Are you going to sue Ms. Ennis".

There are always going to be inconsistencies that a good lawyer can punch holes in, and he may well be innocent, the problem is that we can't believe her recant anymore than we can believe her original story. Right now, he (in my mind) is equally guilty and innocent. In other words, I wouldn't be able to say without a doubt either way. With her testimony so fatally flawed, for anyone looking at the situation without an agenda, it's hard to say he's innocent. There are just too many cases of battered women recanting for any number of reasons. The video, if it's out there and verifiable would be the proof that he'd need to say he's absolutely and 100% not guilty of this crime. That doesn't mean there's enough evidence to prosecute, and even if it gets dismissed at this point, that doesn't mean he's innocent, only that the prosecution didn't bring forth enough evidence.

Honestly, I can't say whether he's guilty or innocent, because too many times recanting is done for any number of reasons.

For selfish reasons, I would like the tape to be entered as evidence so it can be verified as authentic (or found to be fraudulent). Either way that would give me enough to have no doubt either way.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2oys229v said:
Apparently she also said she was jailed in 2011 for falsely accusing a boyfriend of DV.

Either we believe her testimony or she is legit a crazy person and making up a criminal record.
It could be both. I believe she is definitely bat shit crazy, but I also could see him beating her up, or her making this whole thing up, and him being not guilty.

I’ll wait for more evidence.