Richardson running as the #2

chris98251

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":3rceeqi9 said:
Seahwkgal":3rceeqi9 said:
What kind of a downfield blocker is Richardson as that is Kearse's best attribute. Catching the ball and running routes, we all know who is the better talent is. Duh.
We have someone who understands why Pete covets WR's like Kearse. It is his downfield blocking. These are the things big run plays emerge from.
We are a run 1st team.
I wouldn't write Kearse off just yet...

Agreed unless it may be McEvoy, Williams, Rogers, Moore, Darboh, chance to take it, all are bigger and faster, it's blocking that will be needed and one has to step it up. Richardson isn't going to be the guy on designed plays that requires a pick or a designed block down on a LB.

mikeak

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1cia9tby said:
Seahwkgal":1cia9tby said:
What kind of a downfield blocker is Richardson as that is Kearse's best attribute. Catching the ball and running routes, we all know who is the better talent is. Duh.
We have someone who understands why Pete covets WR's like Kearse. It is his downfield blocking. These are the things big run plays emerge from.
We are a run 1st team.

We understand it. We get that without Kearse Seattle would be worse than 25th ranked team in rushing yards per game last year......

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
He was really good the last few games last year . If he can build on that this makes sense. Hopefully WR gets stronger as a group and we have more depth, outside of Baldwin WR wasn't very strong last season.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1uaot49k said:
Seahwkgal":1uaot49k said:
We are a run 1st team.
Some people here pay attention to everything a receiver is asked to do in this 'run first' offense. Like him or not, Kearse is a phenomenal downfield blocker. :irishdrinkers:
I just have no idea if Richardson is...That is what I was asking.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
chris98251":1bpzrw44 said:
LudwigsDrummer":1bpzrw44 said:
Seahwkgal":1bpzrw44 said:
We are a run 1st team.

Agreed unless it may be McEvoy, Williams, Rogers, Moore, Darboh, chance to take it, all are bigger and faster, it's blocking that will be needed and one has to step it up. Richardson isn't going to be the guy on designed plays that requires a pick or a designed block down on a LB.
This is what I was concerned about.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
northseahawk":tuvho5rv said:
Kenny Lawler is balling at training camp!

Is that true?

Last offseason somewhere on .net I had said I thought the Hawks really nailed the Lawler pick as a late round value grab, but then never heard from him again and have just assumed I was probably wrong about that.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
As for Richardson, I think it's pretty clear that he can make some big plays on the rare occasions when he's healthy, but beyond that I just don't think he's a great fit for the Seahawks offense on a play-by-play basis.

TBF though, part of this could just be my belief that the most Seahawks-like player who has never played for the Seahawks is still on the market, and I'm still annoyed that they haven't brought him in, just because I'd LOOOOVE to watch him in their offense, even at his advanced age. (Talking about Anquan Boldin who in every way imaginable couldn't be more of a Seahawk without actually having ever played for the team).

Lwrb25

Reaction score
chris98251":1kcw9za8 said:
LudwigsDrummer":1kcw9za8 said:
Seahwkgal":1kcw9za8 said:
We are a run 1st team.

It's like you don't understand how Bevells mind works. They would never expect it, so of course he would do it (reference: SB xlix)

mikeak

Reaction score
Popeyejones":g0s8zxk8 said:
As for Richardson, I think it's pretty clear that he can make some big plays on the rare occasions when he's healthy, but beyond that I just don't think he's a great fit for the Seahawks offense on a play-by-play basis.

RussB":g0s8zxk8 said:
Hope he finally stays healthy, guys a big time talent.

I am sorry but where does this narrative that he is always injured come from?

3 seasons - available for 15 games year 1 and 15 games year 3 - out year 2

Last year he was on the bench because supposedly others were better

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/ ... richardson

Seymour

Reaction score
mikeak":24lmhkao said:
Popeyejones":24lmhkao said:

RussB":24lmhkao said:
Hope he finally stays healthy, guys a big time talent.

I am sorry but where does this narrative that he is always injured come from?

3 seasons - available for 15 games year 1 and 15 games year 3 - out year 2

Last year he was on the bench because supposedly others were better

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/ ... richardson

People assume that because of his build, he will not hold up... and it skews their judgement.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Popeyejones":17r8toa5 said:

TBF though, part of this could just be my belief that the most Seahawks-like player who has never played for the Seahawks is still on the market, and I'm still annoyed that they haven't brought him in, just because I'd LOOOOVE to watch him in their offense, even at his advanced age. (Talking about Anquan Boldin who in every way imaginable couldn't be more of a Seahawk without actually having ever played for the team).

As far as Boldin, it is possibly his lack of special teams ability keeping him out right now. You want your depth receivers to be special teams contributers and I'm not sure he offers that. Seattle has relied fairly heavily on almost all of their WRs to offer something on special teams at some point: Doug (returns and has blocked a punt), Lock (returns), Richardson (returns), Kearse (gunner and vice), Mcevoy (blocked a punt) going back a few years - Ricardo, Obo, and B Walt were only on the team because of special teams, Golden (returns), Percy (returns). It'll have to be part of Darboh's game. Going back, I think maybe only Sid and BMW were the only WRs who didn't offer any special teams ability.

Totally agree though with Boldin being an attitude, toughness and physicality fit though. But your WR4 has to play special teams.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2udbnkun said:
the most Seahawks-like player who has never played for the Seahawks is still on the market... (Talking about Anquan Boldin who in every way imaginable couldn't be more of a Seahawk without actually having ever played for the team).

This. Few things aggravate me more than the fact that he has never been brought in.

Seafan

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3fwbpfe3 said:
Richardson is about to play himself of the team this year. 60 catches 900yds 8tds will get him 8+mil per year somewhere else next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

When Lockett returns fully PRich won't be getting the action needed to get a huge payday. With Baldwin, Graham, Lockett and likely Prosise there won't be enough to make PRich look like a star. He'll still be a free agent and likely will walk but I doubt he gets big money.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I'd still love to see Jimmy Graham in Kearse's spot in redzone situations.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You mean a huge Tight End who can't be covered one on one and can go up and get it in the red zone? That's just crazy talk :lol:

Latest posts