Rob Staton's take on Byron Murphy

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
People that bash Rob Staton perplex me. Bash a passionate Seahawk fan who provides a great resourse for free for Seahawk fans to get more info? Dumb. I appreciate and am grateful for his site and hard work.
This. Rob has his faults like anybody else, just his are put out there for everyone to see.
What he does takes guts, because it opens him up to attacks from those that don't put in all the extra effort like he does.
I respect Rob, even though I have disagreed with him in some areas.
Who here has had enough success as a draft analyst to be able to get people like Lance Zeirlein (among others) on their podcast?

Seattle Person

Reaction score
People that bash Rob Staton perplex me. Bash a passionate Seahawk fan who provides a great resourse for free for Seahawk fans to get more info? Dumb. I appreciate and am grateful for his site and hard work.

Rob has good points and then some bad points. Like anyone else. I also think it's dumb to bash a person. Just disagree with the point and say why.

Every freaking person that covers the Seahawks professionally or through a blog, YouTube, website get things wrong all of the time. I say shit wrong every day.

A lot of egomaniacs within Seahawks fandom. Bash the opinion and not the person. Based on some people's logic here then everyone is an idiot because we all say wrong shit all the time.

I appreciate this post though. You do you!

chris98251

Reaction score
Those of us that interacted with him know him from here and most have had some kind of experience that is not really one of good standing, he doesn't come around much now days because he burned bridges and worn out his welcome a lot like the family member that comes to gatherings and is loud and abrasive and won't listen to anyone else's side and has to be always right or they get butt hurt and leave.

NoGain

Reaction score
Rob's been getting better and better at his craft. It's a good site for Hawks' fans. My only problem with the site was there was a little too much group think for my tastes, and he at times would get very defensive when someone would have a difference of opinion than him in the comments section, a difference of opinion which seemed completely reasonable to me at times. That usually suggests a bit of insecurity.

But he's a Hawks' fan, and we're all in this together as fans of the team.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Rob has gotten significantly better at analysis from where he was 10 years ago. I think he’s been humbled over the years and his more recent player breakdowns for the last three years have been pretty spot on, and he’s developed the rapport with NFL insiders giving him a better edge.

Don’t always have to agree but I respect his judgement.

Scout

Reaction score
He is correct that Murphy can play nose or 3 tech. That is very exciting given that Williams can play all three positions on the line. And we know Reed can play nose or three tech too.

Mac can move these players around to create mismatches and to cause confusion with blocking assignments. The Hawks are finally going to be able to bully in the trenches like the Eagles do with a rotation of interior DL.

Mase

Reaction score
We are stupidly judgmental

- Or are we judgmentally stupid?

- Discussion and nuance are a thing of the past. You make your statement. If you are right, you gloat and keep talking. If you are wrong, you just keep talking as if nothing happened. Sad but true.

Mase

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
- Or are we judgmentally stupid?

- Discussion and nuance are a thing of the past. You make your statement. If you are right, you gloat and keep talking. If you are wrong, you just keep talking as if nothing happened. Sad but true.

Mase
It’s the age of the fragile and insecure egos. They’ve always been there but now they are right out in the open - almost celebrated. Idiocracy was a prescient documentary.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Those of us that interacted with him know him from here and most have had some kind of experience that is not really one of good standing, he doesn't come around much now days because he burned bridges and worn out his welcome a lot like the family member that comes to gatherings and is loud and abrasive and won't listen to anyone else's side and has to be always right or they get butt hurt and leave.
You don't speak for everyone.

Sad that nobody has addressed the actual post. I agreed that Murphy has the look of top-tier defensive tackles and the toolbox. No way this pick is going to go bad, barring some four-wheeler situation.

Ozzy

Reaction score
First post.. Robs burner account is that you?
I think the hate is a little goofy at times too. He's been right more than most when it comes to Seahawks stuff. I like his content and we're lucky to have him in my opinion. To each their own.