Roquan Smith anyone?

GemCity

Reaction score
Because we're not fine at QB. Not even close.
Agree Sgt. Just satire…it’s hard for me see why people thought this was going to be a competitive year with our QB room.

It is what it is….

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Man I would love to have Roquan Smith next to Brooks dominating the middle.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
He's an excellent player, and we'd be lucky to have him. However, I'd be shocked if he could be had for THAT little, and I don't think I'd want to give what he will cost. It's just not worth it for an off-ball linebacker.
Poles made him a pretty good offer, and he rejected it. He has no professional agent. Poles has the money to franchise tag him, if he continues to demand more than Poles is willing to give him. As for now, the franchise tag seems to be the most likely scenario. Poles isn’t likely to trade him, unless Bears get a player of equal value in the trade.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Yep I was calling for this three weeks ago, and if it were between Roquan and DE Brian Burns, I would take Roquan. I believe he'd be a step above Bobby's impact of the last two years in terms of leadership and sniffing out the football.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pretty much the same.

Not even close to the same.

- Smith plays a more important position of need, MLB
- We actually have the cap space, as opposed to using precious cap space with Russell still on the team to sign Adams longterm
- Not giving up two 1sts

No one's saying give up multiple 1sts, but if you can get a top 10 defensive player in the league to fill a position we desperately need a playmaker at for a 2nd or 3rd/4th?

Hell yes, I'm in.

willyrobt

Reaction score
I heard yesterday Roquan Smith was unhappy with the Bears and I immidately thought about the Seahawks making a move and pairing him up with Brooks. Then I thought about the draft capital it would cost, as well as the new contract he would require. Then I saw an article from ESPN about the front runners to get him and they listed the Seahawks as the #1 team. It does make sense, given our defensive coaching ties to the Bears. The article states that 1 exec said he potentially could be had for a 3rd rounder. Why not send them a 3rd round pick and Cody Barton for him? The amount he's asking for on his new contract could be a deal breaker but that would be a scary and young LB core.

Article Here
I think he is a great player but I would prefer a great defensive lineman. We really need to pump up our defensive line.