Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
dunceface":3ba84zw8 said:
Zebulon Dak":3ba84zw8 said:
Those are amazing.

I shoulda busted out my green Hass jersey while u were down here! U woulda been super impressed!

It would have made me want to stand even closer to you than I already was. "That song that makes you make exceptions" hahahahahahaha!!!!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
mikeak":32b3moy4 said:
You are kidding right? Flynn wasn't done right or wrong here. He was signed then put on the bench he owes us NOTHING. Furthermore why take a cut and then be a starting qb? He should not give in I would never.

If he stays, he makes his year 2 salary then gets cut and is offered back-up money somewhere else. If he works with Oakland, wins the starting job and plays well, he sets himself up for a bigger payday down the line. Not saying taking less money to start is the right choice, but there is some reason to it if you look at the big picture.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1gvspitm said:
kearly":1gvspitm said:
HawthorneCelebrate.jpg

Has Cole pissed his pants there?

hey nice pee pee joke Benj.

mikeak

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1qspzfzi said:
mikeak":1qspzfzi said:
You are kidding right? Flynn wasn't done right or wrong here. He was signed then put on the bench he owes us NOTHING. Furthermore why take a cut and then be a starting qb? He should not give in I would never.

If he stays, he makes his year 2 salary then gets cut and is offered back-up money somewhere else. If he works with Oakland, wins the starting job and plays well, he sets himself up for a bigger payday down the line. Not saying taking less money to start is the right choice, but there is some reason to it if you look at the big picture.

Assuming nothing else comes up or he gets cut next year takes the $2million guaranteed and signs wherever he wants next year after he is cut "guaranteeing" a starting spot.

Big picture different angle. I also don't see Oakland keeping Palmer nor getting a cheaper starter. If they put it all in Pryor then that is a huge gamble.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2fhsfqyk said:
Nice touch with the avatar, Zeb. Not old school, not new school. But...?

Wish I had a more current picture to use but... oh well...

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Green and white would've been better...

In fact get rid of the blue sleeves, the whole thing is less 2009 and more 2012...

3962653808_496c649ebd.jpg

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1xe24u8r said:
Zebulon Dak":1xe24u8r said:
Seahawk Sailor":1xe24u8r said:
Nice touch with the avatar, Zeb. Not old school, not new school. But...?

Wish I had a more current picture to use but... oh well...

A more current picture of that green uniform? Yea, that'd be tiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I know, right?! I'm not gonna hold my breath though.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3fb08zim said:
Green and white would've been better...

In fact get rid of the blue sleeves, the whole thing is less 2009 and more 2012...

3962653808_496c649ebd.jpg

Throw in the navy blue helmet and it might work. The old helmet just doesn't fit with the rest of the look.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Lady Talon":f63qfyb8 said:
Hope Flynn gets the starting job in Oakland, and does it well. Don't have much love for the Raiders (less then the Niners tbh) but worth it to cheer Flynn on if it gets us a higher conditional pick next year, besides he deserves the chance to start before he's too old to show what he's got. As far as compensation if JS is happy, I am happy.

As for Flynn's usefulness to the Seahawks, he inadvertently helped show everyone in the country what Russell Wilson was, a fierce competitor that won out his starting job (as opposed to Luck, RG3, and Newton starting by default) and turned into one of the best QBs in the league in 2012. RW is a favorite of quite a few former Hawk haters as the QB they'd love to start a franchise around.

Flynn helped get Seattle the respect we have. Worth the money we paid, especially if we get some tough away games on the east coast changed to primetime because of it. Should be thankful to Flynn for launching RW's career and ushering in some good times for the Hawks.

You serious, Clark?

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
mikeak":4q61e59c said:
TeamoftheCentury":4q61e59c said:
pehawk":4q61e59c said:
From the sounds of it, the Seahawks seem content however this turns out. If Flynn can't renegotiate, oh well, he's back and MAYBE someone else makes a play. The Hawks get to keep their reputation for doing right by their players: ie affording Flynn a chance to start.

I love they made an effort to get him what he wants. Just like I loved how they gave TJack some cred via trade instead of release.
Ok, so... the Seahawks have done this player right - but, after all that, it really IS about the money after all: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -staredown

If Matt Flynn's contract pays him just a bit more than Matt Hasselbeck this season to be a backup... the Seahawks truly are in a good position as you say. I'm indifferent at this point. Flynn needs to decide if he is confident enough in his ability to win the job in Oakland vs. Pryor and any from the rookie group. If the trade goes down, perhaps the Raiders are less likely to take a QB with their limited picks anyway. Still, the chances of another Russell Wilson beating him out in camp are slim to none. With his relationship with the GM there... if this trade gets nixed by Flynn, it really is more about the money than a chance to start.

You are kidding right? Flynn wasn't done right or wrong here. He was signed then put on the bench he owes us NOTHING. Furthermore why take a cut and then be a starting qb? He should not give in I would never. If anything I would say make it three years with more guaranteed same average......

Oakland is looking to send Palmer to Arizona and this is about their cap management and not Flynn's worth. Funny how players are greasy when the NFL owners are billionaires.
I think you read more into it than what I intended to say. I was only saying they did him "right" - and agreeing with pehawk - that they are accommodating a trade for the purpose of giving him a chance to start somewhere else. Nothing more, nothing less. At that point, it's out of the Seahawks hands. If the Raiders want to insist that he restructure... that would be with his potential new team-to-be. Hope that clarifies. I'm not sure what you're questioning other than that. So, no... I wasn't kidding. (Too, the Seahawks didn't put him on the bench. One Russell Wilson did. But, there's not too many, if any, that could put RW on the bench. So... I actually believe Flynn could still prove his worth. As it turns out, it's just not likely to be with the Seahawks. I have liked everything I've seen out of him and he's done nothing wrong. It's just that Wilson is an elite QB with off-the-charts leadership. Can't compete with that. No doubt Matt Flynn already realizes he didn't get beat out by just some ordinary player.)

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":1c3kxoub said:
Lady Talon":1c3kxoub said:
Hope Flynn gets the starting job in Oakland, and does it well. Don't have much love for the Raiders (less then the Niners tbh) but worth it to cheer Flynn on if it gets us a higher conditional pick next year, besides he deserves the chance to start before he's too old to show what he's got. As far as compensation if JS is happy, I am happy.

As for Flynn's usefulness to the Seahawks, he inadvertently helped show everyone in the country what Russell Wilson was, a fierce competitor that won out his starting job (as opposed to Luck, RG3, and Newton starting by default) and turned into one of the best QBs in the league in 2012. RW is a favorite of quite a few former Hawk haters as the QB they'd love to start a franchise around.

Flynn helped get Seattle the respect we have. Worth the money we paid, especially if we get some tough away games on the east coast changed to primetime because of it. Should be thankful to Flynn for launching RW's career and ushering in some good times for the Hawks.

You serious, Clark?

Ha! Best part of the movie

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
AbsolutNET":2hyga141 said:
Hawk Strap":2hyga141 said:
Lady Talon":2hyga141 said:

You serious, Clark?

Ha! Best part of the movie

Oh lord, I just about peed myself!

[youtube]dCoOcBv01aA[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts