Running Back Situation

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm not quite ready to turn the page on Rawls yet. Our line sucked last year because every game was the ZBS.

I've always felt that RB stats are more based on how the offensive line performs over anything else. Rawls is a bruiser and McKissic is a nice change of pace back.

It's unfortunate Carson got injured but I'm not sure the skill is much different between he and Rawls.

Rawls nearly faded into oblivion if that doesn't get you motivated to start at RB nothing will.

Lacy is a "meh" option.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":12w0p3xs said:
I have a feeling that Mike Davis may be getting called up from the PS here soon. Had a similar feel to Carson's running style during the preseason.
I have to agree blitzer, Mike Davis had a few rip-shit-tear-ass runs in pre-season games, he didn't strike me as a one trick pony either, it was just that everybody was supposedly healthy, and we already had a full roster.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2lx1sw4l said:
hawkfan68":2lx1sw4l said:
Christine Michael is a phone call away. I think Lacy, Rawls, McKissic, and CJ will be fine as long as they stay healthy.

No way in hell they're going back to that well.

It'll be what it was suppose to be when the year started, Lacy, Rawls and Prosise and now McKissic splitting 3-4 series.

In no way, shape, or form do I wish that Christine Michael to be a Seahawk again. It was more tongue in cheek remark. Obviously that seems to have gotten lost in my original post. I'll make sure to be clearer next time.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
We have GREAT depth at RB, by far the best in the league. Perhaps only the Saints are better

That is the one thing I've realized about this team, our depth is great. On defense and offense

Seafan

Reaction score
If Rawls and Lacy don't get it going soon I can see the Hawks bringing Davis up.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In terms of the RBs, I'm not overly limpressed. I still have reservations on the health of Rawls, when he finally is legitimately healthy we're good until he gets nicked up again. Meanwhile Lacy began to show he is finally understanding zone running, with him I suspect he won't get it completely for at least a few more games. Then he'll become a beast. Until then we will have Prosise who will intrigue and then he'll be out with some other boo boo, frustrating us all with his inability to stay healthy. McKissic is the wildcard, but he seems to be more of a 3rd down back.

I can seeDavis getting called up.

King Dog

Reaction score
I don't know. I feel really fortunate we're in the position we're in at rb. We still have Lacy, Rawls, Prosise and McKissic on deck. Loved what Carson was doing as a rook, but we have some depth there for sure. I think you guys have a short memory. It wasn't that long ago that Rawls looked like a beast. Showed glimpses last season again. He should be healthy. I hope he goes and out and puts on a show against the Rams.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was the Carson injury motivating him but there were a couple of runs late in the Indy game where Lacy looked fast to me. I was surprised to see his stat line at the end of the game too. In the end Rawls and Lacy will battle for the lead role and McNasty as people are calling him and CJ will battle change of pace guys, may the best man win.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
At this stage the team certainly needs one or more of these guys to step forward and gray the starters job.

Must say I am uncertain about Rawls and don't think the injury reports on him have been accurate, Lacy regrettably seems slower than he used to be or unable to burst through holes or still uncertain what he should do when running in a zone scheme. These two need to step it up.

Mojambo

Reaction score
I don't care who they put back there as long as they pass first to set up the run.

Trying to establish the run first against the Rams will be a shit show.

AgentDib

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2t1mch20 said:
The RB's we have are fine, but I have no illusions that we will establish any type of running game against the Rams regardless of who's back there.
What's good about the Rams run defense this year? Or do you just think we'd be inept against anybody?

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I think you can break an ankle as a running back as easily in the first quarter as you can in the fourth quarter. I get that CC got rolled up late in the game, but he's salting the game away. I can't fault the coaching staff for having him in. It's about ball security at that point and he had proven he was good with it. I guess I'll have to agree to disagree with others that he should have been running the ball at that point. It's just unfortunate, something that happens, and you want one of your best guys to get it done.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Jerhawk":320leotp said:
Rawls had a couple great games last year against Carolina and Detroit.
His health is the only thing holding him back.

He did but Kuechly was out and the Panthers had no wind in their sails at that point.

Josea16

Reaction score
Mojambo":3ip6187v said:
I don't care who they put back there as long as they pass first to set up the run.

Trying to establish the run first against the Rams will be a shit show.
Why do you say that? They have been terrible against the run this year. In fact defensively they have been downright inept at everything beyond getting sacks. They're averaging 3 a game.

AgentDib

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":2tm1ny5x said:
It's just unfortunate, something that happens, and you want one of your best guys to get it done.
I doubt any fans who see it differently were clamoring for Carson to come out of the game prior to the injury. To quote the great Cam Newton, "Well, you know that's... hindsight's always 50/50.. i mean 20/20.. whatever number it is, who cares..."

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Probably couldn't afford him, but I heard AP could be available. Maybe we can throw Graham back at them too. :twisted:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The issues with our backs all stem from our awful offensive line play. Fatback can run down hill but he is getting hit
In the backfield before he gets momentum. He isn't quick or elusive enough to make guys miss while taking the hand off. Rawls and CJP are more capable of making that first guy miss but they both struggle with all the hits they are taking running into a wall most of the time. As our line works together and improves especially if the staff allows them to line up and go hat on hat, then the running game will improve. Backs like Collins who didn't make it here but are now running well behind better coached or staffed lines give an example of what is possible here.