Russ benched

Ozzy

Reaction score
Which guy is playing better?

A: 17/9 TD-INT ratio 64% completion percentage and 3145 yards
B: 26/8 TD-INT ratio 66% completion percentage and 3070 yards

I think it's funny some people in this very thread claim one guy is terrible while arguing one guy is a top 10 player at QB and the top 10 player's skill position players are light years better.

Smart move for Denver though and I would do the same thing. You need to reset there and he's not the answer moving forward.

Cyrus12

Reaction score

I think it's funny some people in this very thread claim one guy is terrible while arguing one guy is a top 10 player at QB and the top 10 player's skill position players are light years better.

Smart move for Denver though and I would do the same thing. You need to reset there and he's not the answer moving forward.
I think you are reading way too much into what the stats are saying.

Decimation

Reaction score
The grass isn’t always greener on the other side, Russ.

I get the decision from a financial standpoint though. A significant amount of money becomes guaranteed in March — so if he got hurt those final two games, the Donkeys would be on the hook for it.

I’m so glad we didn’t keep him and potentially had a similar mess.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think you are reading way too much into what the stats are saying.
I would argue people are being way too emotional and it's clouding their judgement. Again I'm not a groupie, I would bench him too but its not because he's been terrible but more about what Denver needs to do long term to get back to a place they want to be.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They are moving on.. He's not getting the $37 million it's clear as day.
He got what they gave him in bonus and the last 2 years of the Hawks
money if I'm not wrong?

LastRideOut

Reaction score

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I would argue people are being way too emotional and it's clouding their judgement. Again I'm not a groupie, I would bench him too but its not because he's been terrible but more about what Denver needs to do long term to get back to a place they want to be.
Yet it was cited as a football decision. Care to explain your position a little further, that it's not performance related?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

I was waiting for this one.

The better quarterback is the one who executes the concepts as designed and happened to not cost THE WORLD to acquire.

The better quarterback is the one who isn't getting himself sacked so egregiously that his own offensive line is visibly pissed at him.

There's a lot of context missing in these box score statistics. Payton has done the best he can with him, and still, they're in the same place. He won't run what's called, and he can't do his heroball shit at age 35.

If Payton can't get him in line, no one can. So now, Payton's benching his ass for a quarterback who will run what he calls.

This box score statistics game is what John63 did for years. It was wrong then, and it's wrong now. It's too narrow to tell the actual story of what RW is.

Welshers2

Reaction score
LMMMMFAAOOOOOOOO ME3 HAS BEEN BENCHED

Russ sycophants should be on legitimate suicide watch! I am legitimately worried about the well being of John63!

Additionally @rcaido are you ok bro? I'm sorry this happened to you but that's why it's better to be a fan of a team then a player! Go seahawks! Sorry me3!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Which is?A QB that can run Sean Payton's offense completely and not the
version Winston ran.
A QB that is young and has years left - 36 yrs old and slow isn't it.
I know it sucks for you but all QBs have an expiration date.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I was waiting for this one.

The better quarterback is the one who executes the concepts as designed and happened to not cost THE WORLD to acquire.

The better quarterback is the one who isn't getting himself sacked so egregiously that his own offensive line is visibly pissed at him.

There's a lot of context missing in these box score statistics. Payton has done the best he can with him, and still, they're in the same place. He won't run what's called, and he can't do his heroball shit at age 35.

If Payton can't get him in line, no one can. So now, Payton's benching his ass for a quarterback who will run what he calls.

This box score statistics game is what John63 did for years. It was wrong then, and it's wrong now. It's too narrow to tell the actual story of what RW is.

Yup, which is why I think Geno is the better QB, because he can actually run the plays as called and not bail out and play backyard football, like Russ does.

With Geno, the flow of the game is easy to see and it's nice to know when the offense can move the ball. The 92 yard drive under Geno during the Rams game where russ got knocked out is a good example. The 92 yard drive by Lock, with no hero ball running around with hair on fire is another example. The 75 yard drive by Geno last weekend is another good example of executing an offense by running the called plays, and switching to plays based on the QB's ability to read the defense, which we all know Russ can't do.

Latest posts