Russ Fatigue

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":3r5mo5gl said:
Maelstrom787":3r5mo5gl said:
John63":3r5mo5gl said:
JayhawkMike":3r5mo5gl said:
I don’t care about off field stuff. I do care that he has THREE playoff wins in 6 years. He’s a great first half of the season QB and an average or worse second half/play off QB. I won’t be sad if he leaves after this year but I wouldn’t be one to want that to happen either. Results aren’t there for how great he thinks he is.

If only the facts supported you as I showed when unposted this crap before. Career 2nd half qb rating over 97. Playoff qb rating over 95. Sorry facts show your wrong as I showed u before.

That's incredible, seeing as QB rating only goes up to 100. Almost perfection!

Oh wait.

Qb rating goes over 100 and in the playoffs Qb rating tend to be lower than regular season for all QBs. As I posted on a other such thread Wilson's Playoff QB rating is higher than, Brady and many others. Wilson has the 10th best playoff Qb rating in NFL history.

No, thats passer rating.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":35vq8ci0 said:
John63":35vq8ci0 said:
Maelstrom787":35vq8ci0 said:
John63":35vq8ci0 said:
If only the facts supported you as I showed when unposted this crap before. Career 2nd half qb rating over 97. Playoff qb rating over 95. Sorry facts show your wrong as I showed u before.

Oh wait.

Qb rating goes over 100 and in the playoffs Qb rating tend to be lower than regular season for all QBs. As I posted on a other such thread Wilson's Playoff QB rating is higher than, Brady and many others. Wilson has the 10th best playoff Qb rating in NFL history.

No, thats passer rating.
You are correct my point still stands though.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1guq8r5i said:
John63":1guq8r5i said:
Maelstrom787":1guq8r5i said:
John63":1guq8r5i said:

Oh wait.

No, thats passer rating.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
John63":3kygnn85 said:
Maelstrom787":3kygnn85 said:
John63":3kygnn85 said:
Maelstrom787":3kygnn85 said:

Oh wait.

No, thats passer rating.

And his QB rating in the playoffs since the Patriots loss? What is that? I honestly don’t know how to find QBR average for all playoff games since the loss.

I’m on an advanced stats site and in 2015/2016 I am seeing 63.3 v Vikings and 91.1 against panthers. Wondering if I am seeing the right numbers.

John63

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1ayspzco said:
John63":1ayspzco said:
Maelstrom787":1ayspzco said:
John63":1ayspzco said:

No, thats passer rating.

And his QB rating in the playoffs since the Patriots loss? What is that? I honestly don’t know how to find QBR average for all playoff games since the loss.

I’m on an advanced stats site and in 2015/2016 I am seeing 63.3 v Vikings and 91.1 against panthers. Wondering if I am seeing the right numbers.

That's because qbr is a ESPN stat and the way they come up with it is subjective not stat or fact base. That's why most ignore it. The passer rating and thank you for correcting me, Is fact and stat based for the QB. For example. u can have a 107 passer rating but a 44 qbr that was mahomsa fyi ridiculous.

evergreen

Reaction score
I kind of get his message even if it’s off key. All of this image stuff kind of gets contaminated by not being awesome in the playoffs. When people say he sucks they just mean he’s not awesome like he used to be. He’s always had a hard time against great defenses. Remember against Arizona when we were 12-2? He had a bad game. Made mistakes both mentally and physically. We lost. He wasn’t awesome. Thankfully we beat the Rams and got #1 seed. Those seasons he only had a couple of clunkers. Now he has almost a half season worth of clunkers last year. It’s just the % of lightning vs. dog shit that’s changed. We know how good he can be, it’s rectifying that with what we get. I’m still hopeful we’ll get way more good Russ than bad Russ.

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't know about y'all, but I love it when my quarterback throws his line under the bus.

And the Kobe nonsense.....

John63

Reaction score
evergreen":1eou8mhj said:
I kind of get his message even if it’s off key. All of this image stuff kind of gets contaminated by not being awesome in the playoffs. When people say he sucks they just mean he’s not awesome like he used to be. He’s always had a hard time against great defenses. Remember against Arizona when we were 12-2? He had a bad game. Made mistakes both mentally and physically. We lost. He wasn’t awesome. Thankfully we beat the Rams and got #1 seed. Those seasons he only had a couple of clunkers. Now he has almost a half season worth of clunkers last year. It’s just the % of lightning vs. dog $h!t that’s changed. We know how good he can be, it’s rect** that with what we get. I’m still hopeful we’ll get way more good Russ than bad Russ.

well lets look at tat

Passer Rating below 85 is not good.

Which one is Wilson from last season FYI they were all top 10 QBs by passer rating last year

Qb1
4 below 85
5 below 90
10 above 100

Qb2
2 below 85
3 below 90
9 above 100

Qq3
4 below 85
4 below 90
7 over 100

qb4
4 below 85
5 below 90
9 over 100

qb5
5 below 85
6 below 90
9 above 100

qb6
6 below 85
7 below 90
6 above 100

qb7
2 below 85
4 below 90
7 above 100

So what you will see is your whole lightning versus dog stuff is not really accurate, as all QBs have a few bad games every year, its just for some dumb reason we harp on it more here and that is more than likely do to the fact we have a smaller margin for error with the way PC likes to play.

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":zrljl22j said:
I don't know about y'all, but I love it when my quarterback throws his line under the bus.

And the Kobe nonsense.....

Though I foed you for obvious reasons, I will play this once to make you look bad. This is Wilson quote ""Like any player, you never want to get hit," Wilson told reporters via Zoom. "That's the reality of playing this position; ask any quarterback who wants to play this game. But at the same time, it's part of the job and everything else. I think that the reality is that I've definitely been hit. I've been sacked almost 400 times, so we've got to get better. I've got to find ways to get better too.""

were did he call out his oline, he said we need to get better and then called out himself.

Now I know you don't understand and I will speak slow

things that contribute to a sack, hit, hurry or pressure

Good Coverage hence coverage sack
The Qb the only person Wilson called out
Rbs not picking up the blitz or blocking
Te same as Rb or not getting open or running the wrong route
Wr same as TE
Oline
Down and distance
the play call and design

You of course ASSUME he called out his oline, yet there is no evidence he did. thanks for playing we will see you next time you can make something up to hate on Wilson for. and back to foe you go

Scorpion05

Reaction score
You do realize that the picture taken of Russ praying with his wife…was a SNEAK photo right??? Meaning someone took it off them without their permission.

I don’t know what’s more gross. Blaming Russ for this or criminalizing the man for being a good person

RiverDog

Reaction score
Interesting thread, such a wide variety of opinions. My take is somewhere in the middle.

I don't give a rip about Russell's church thing and feel the criticism of him for it is going too far. But his personality, or "Russ Fatigue". is beginning to wear on me, particularly a few months ago during the drama about his "being hit too much" and the trade rumors. I've grown tired of his Goodie Two Shoes, life's a bowl of cherries, everybody's happy in Mr. Roger's neighborhood, politically correct personality. He's no longer credible to listen to as he'll paint a smiley face on everything.

We've lived with Russell for 9 years now. Some of my discomfort is a natural progression from being around anyone for that length of time. But what bothers me most about him has little to do with his personality or his off season behavior. It's his style of play on the field that I have the biggest issues with him over. He holds onto the ball too God damn long, locks in on one receiver, refuses to take what defenses gives him and instead looks for the home run until he runs out of time. I don't think he took enough responsibility for his role in all those sacks and "being hit too much" and by implication, threw his OL under the bus. If I were an offensive lineman, I'd hate blocking for the guy, and hearing him calling me out without acknowledging his own role wouldn't help my attitude.

I'm hopeful that this new offense will help Russell get rid of the ball quicker and cure him of this home run disease that he's developed. Russell will turn 33 this fall, and he's no longer as elusive as he once was, yet his time to throw is longer than anyone that isn't at least 6 years younger. That has to change. His game needs to mature.

This is a critical season for me. If we can't show some progress towards getting back to the Super Bowl, something that I haven't seen since 2014, then there's a good chance that I'm off the Pete Carroll-Russell Wilson bandwagon.

Frank12

Reaction score
His faith his personal business, I'm a fan that trys not to get to know too much about a players personal life and intrests... Just stay healthy this year Russ and everything will fall into place..

Rat

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1w1qozj6 said:
Rat":1w1qozj6 said:
I'd much prefer he did PEDs or drugs. Those are far less toxic than what he pushes.

I'll root for him as long as he's a Seahawk, but I can't pretend that I don't wish he had been traded.

I love him as a player. He's an ultimate leader, magician holding the ball, he has perfected his craft and has no discernable weaknesses. We were fortunate that history of shorter QBs scared enough of the league off for us to get him in the third round. He's a future first ballot HOFer, easily.

But no, I don't like rooting for him. I think he's a phony. He's one of 53 players on the team though; and based on probability, there will likely always be at least one player on the team I don't care for off the field. I'm not going to quit rooting for the team because I don't like the off-field persona of 1/53rd of their players.

BTW, I never said I wanted him to fail. That's an embarrassing straw man, even for you.

Wut in the ACTUAL F? Somebody make this deranged monkey $h!t make sense. :shock:
You just might be the most miserable person on earth.

This post crossed way over the line of what’s acceptable per our guidelines.

It was edited/ removed by staff.

Pmedic920

John63

Reaction score
RiverDog":1xq0tv5r said:
Interesting thread, such a wide variety of opinions. My take is somewhere in the middle.

I don't give a rip about Russell's church thing and feel the criticism of him for it is going too far. But his personality, or "Russ Fatigue". is beginning to wear on me, particularly a few months ago during the drama about his "being hit too much" and the trade rumors. I've grown tired of his Goodie Two Shoes, life's a bowl of cherries, everybody's happy in Mr. Roger's neighborhood, politically correct personality. He's no longer credible to listen to as he'll paint a smiley face on everything.

We've lived with Russell for 9 years now. Some of my discomfort is a natural progression from being around anyone for that length of time. But what bothers me most about him has little to do with his personality or his off season behavior. It's his style of play on the field that I have the biggest issues with him over. He holds onto the ball too God damn long, locks in on one receiver, refuses to take what defenses gives him and instead looks for the home run until he runs out of time. I don't think he took enough responsibility for his role in all those sacks and "being hit too much" and by implication, threw his OL under the bus. If I were an offensive lineman, I'd hate blocking for the guy, and hearing him calling me out without acknowledging his own role wouldn't help my attitude.

I'm hopeful that this new offense will help Russell get rid of the ball quicker and cure him of this home run disease that he's developed. Russell will turn 33 this fall, and he's no longer as elusive as he once was, yet his time to throw is longer than anyone that isn't at least 6 years younger. That has to change. His game needs to mature.

This is a critical season for me. If we can't show some progress towards getting back to the Super Bowl, something that I haven't seen since 2014, then there's a good chance that I'm off the Pete Carroll-Russell Wilson bandwagon.

The problem with your assessment of his style fo play is we don't know how much is him and how much is PC and the way he wants to play. Ie rug and throw long. As to take what the defense gives him that is great they leave guy open for 5 yards on 3rd and 15 but does throwing to him do? nothing but makes us pun bt anyway Then you will complain we needed more why didnt he wait, which if you go back to 2015 people did a lot. AS to you my implications again that is you ASSUMING when as I posted there is alot that goes into the sack and hit the oline is only one piece and the only entity called out by name was himself. Not sure how much more responsibility he can take when they on entity he calls out is himself. but you will see add believe what you want and read into what you want.

I am glad it is a critical season for you, I can only presume you mean weather you stay a fan or not since you have no input as to what happens to Wilson.

The good part for you is eventually we will get a new QB then you can find a reason to complain about them, and dreaming of the days we made the playoffs every year with Wilson.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Rat":kkfs7kg9 said:
hgwellz12":kkfs7kg9 said:
I'd much prefer he did PEDs or drugs. Those are far less toxic than what he pushes.

I'll root for him as long as he's a Seahawk, but I can't pretend that I don't wish he had been traded.

I love him as a player. He's an ultimate leader, magician holding the ball, he has perfected his craft and has no discernable weaknesses. We were fortunate that history of shorter QBs scared enough of the league off for us to get him in the third round. He's a future first ballot HOFer, easily.

But no, I don't like rooting for him. I think he's a phony. He's one of 53 players on the team though; and based on probability, there will likely always be at least one player on the team I don't care for off the field. I'm not going to quit rooting for the team because I don't like the off-field persona of 1/53rd of their players.

BTW, I never said I wanted him to fail. That's an embarrassing straw man, even for you.

Wut in the ACTUAL F? Somebody make this deranged monkey $h!t make sense. :shock:

Try to escape from the ashes of decades of religious indoctrination and see how much you like God's fan club. I had so much of my life destroyed by that trash that was pushed on me when I was too impressionable to know better.

Again, I'm not saying he should be silenced or something. I'm all for freedom of speech. I also believe in the freedom to not care for people who push dangerous ideaologies.

This isn't new as a Seahawks fan. I remember how proud I was to show people Hasselbeck being on the front page of a Christian athletes magazine at a store I worked at. Kitna is basically Russ on steroids. Strangely, those two represent 2/3rds of the Seahawks jerseys I own.

You don't have any use for religion so he's a phony?

Okay, got it.

Rat

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":zmbzhh9g said:
Rat":zmbzhh9g said:
hgwellz12":zmbzhh9g said:

Okay, got it.

Not at all, there are plenty of people who I wouldn't say that about.

He is obsessed with his image and talks in cliches, just doesnt feel genuine to me. I'll still root for him to play well, but I wouldnt care at all if we moved him.

Post and quote edited by staff.

John63

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":253zycf1 said:
Rat":253zycf1 said:
hgwellz12":253zycf1 said:

Try to escape from the ashes of decades of religious indoctrination and see how much you like God's fan club. I had so much of my life destroyed by that trash that was pushed on me when I was too impressionable to know better.

Again, I'm not saying he should be silenced or something. I'm all for freedom of speech. I also believe in the freedom to not care for people who push dangerous ideaologies.

This isn't new as a Seahawks fan. I remember how proud I was to show people Hasselbeck being on the front page of a Christian athletes magazine at a store I worked at. Kitna is basically Russ on steroids. Strangely, those two represent 2/3rds of the Seahawks jerseys I own.

Okay, got it.

Nah he is just using any excuse to dis Wilson its what he does. Makes me Wonder if him and Tical are the same person sometimes.

Rat

Reaction score
John63":3p8sexwd said:
Hockey Guy":3p8sexwd said:
Rat":3p8sexwd said:
hgwellz12":3p8sexwd said:

Okay, got it.

Nah he is just using any excuse to dis Wilson its what he does. Makes me Wonder if him and Tical are the same person sometimes.

Yeah, I was ripping on him bad when I called him an easy, first-ballot Hall Of Famer. I mean, it's disrespectful that he hasnt been inducted alright. It's just plain wrong that the league still lets players on other teams wear #3.

John63

Reaction score
Frank12":163pkxb6 said:
His faith his personal business, I'm a fan that trys not to get to know too much about a players personal life and intrests... Just stay healthy this year Russ and everything will fall into place..

Bingo

RiverDog

Reaction score
Rat":28gwe9j0 said:
He (Russell) is obsessed with his image and talks in cliches, just doesnt feel genuine to me. I'll still root for him to play well, but I wouldnt care at all if we moved him.

Russell is CLEARLY obsessed with his image. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just that it reaches a point where an overdone strength becomes a weakness. People begin to sense that his words and actions are part of a choreography, that they are designed for public consumption, which leads to the accusations of him being a phony.

As far as moving him, I'm not there yet. He's without a doubt a top 5 or top 7 QB as-is, but he hasn't taken that next step and seems to have hit a plateau while the team hasn't come close to duplicating what we saw in Russell's first 3 years. I want to see how this season plays out, how he and our team perform under our new OC.