Russ wants to play until he's 45.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, he's great at extending the play and is always looking downfield. But, it does hurt him at times and you'd rather he just run it or toss it out of bounds at times.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1b5av0un said:
IndyHawk":1b5av0un said:
45 is not happening..Anyone want to post bets on this?Please do.. :snack:

Since the odds are against it without any doubt...I'll take 4 to 1 odds for $100.00 on that. :2thumbs:
Ha Ha..Nice try -$400.00 straight up..He has to play till his 45 yr old season is over :2thumbs:
Save your money..It's not happening.
I have said before when his legs are gone he is done..He's too limited to be like Brady.

xray

Reaction score
I just realized that some of us might be dead before Wilson turns 45 ....LOL

Rat

Reaction score
It's kind of funny that Tom Brady is the go-to example of how a QB can play well into his mid 40s, and he's not even there yet. He has to play another two years at a high level to be a great QB at 45.

It just doesn't happen. Good for Russ for having lofty goals; all QBs should. We should consider ourselves lucky if he's starter quality seven years short of that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":2r1o9f05 said:
It's kind of funny that Tom Brady is the go-to example of how a QB can play well into his mid 40s, and he's not even there yet. He has to play another two years at a high level to be a great QB at 45..

Same reason everyone points to the Patriot's coaching style, or how they handle their cap, or playcalling, or anything else.................Brady is successful, and old, therefore people draw the line from Russell to him.

But yes, IMO Brady is not even close to a good example for Russell's playing style. Unfortunately for Russell, guys like Michael Vick and Donovan McNabb are closer examples to how he plays.

Obviously he's more successful, but never the less those guys also used their scrambling ability to buy time and make plays. Brady it's all reading defenses, precision timing, accuracy and never taking hits. Not even close to Russell's rhythm/tempo style of Quarterbacking where he gets sacked and take hits far more often.

Reaction score
Let's just worry about the up coming season Russ! The game of football is a lot like life it can be taken away from us in a instant!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I want to be a starting NFL player until I'm 60.

It's true. So take from it what you will.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
C'mon Russ. I don't see you playing past age 43; 44 at the max.