Russell throwing to Saquon

GeekHawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":3vthph1l said:
MontanaHawk05":3vthph1l said:
I want to see Seattle trade up for Saquon just to see the exploding heads of the Seahawks Twitter "no first round RB's omgmuhstats" Neckbeards.

Yeah but that might actually cripple the team. It would be interesting if we were an RB away but there are too many holes.

I think we'll see many of our holes actually get filled up by a competent O-line coach, an OC with more than 2 base formations, and going back to using a fullback when running + blocking TE all the time (on offense), and cutting WAY down on offsides penalties (either jumping too soon or just lined up wrong) in crucial third-and-long situations (on defense).

Decimation

Reaction score
He would be so awesome to have on the Hawks dude is going to be a star.

nrayorr

Reaction score
NINEster":q0239my4 said:
An opportunity for the Seahawks to be strong on offense again.
Would be worth whatever it cost.

Ummm... NO! It would be a shame to sell the farm for a great running back only for him not to excel on our team. I say that because our o-line cannot run block in it's current state (ranked #32). I do believe that Solari will make this line better, but I am one that is a "believe it when I see it" person. No matter how great the running back is we still have to know how to run block for him.

For example, the O-line for Dallas knows how to run block so well that practically any running back can have a good game, Zeke wouldn't have the same stats behind our line the last couple of years. I'm sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, but I honestly can't justify this move in my mind.

adeltaY

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2or8gpst said:
adeltaY":2or8gpst said:
MontanaHawk05":2or8gpst said:
I want to see Seattle trade up for Saquon just to see the exploding heads of the Seahawks Twitter "no first round RB's omgmuhstats" Neckbeards.

Yeah but that might actually cripple the team. It would be interesting if we were an RB away but there are too many holes.

I think we'll see many of our holes actually get filled up by a competent O-line coach, an OC with more than 2 base formations, and going back to using a fullback when running + blocking TE all the time (on offense), and cutting WAY down on offsides penalties (either jumping too soon or just lined up wrong) in crucial third-and-long situations (on defense).

I'm curious as to why you think Schotty runs a more diverse offense than Bev? From what I've read and seen, Schotty's offense is even more conservative. I hope solari can make that kind of impact, but we are still weak at guard and RT.

NINEster

Reaction score
Aros":2b6gz64c said:
Whatever it cost?

Whatever it costs.

Have Schneider and Carroll rebuild the defense from scratch a la 2010.

The new Lynch with a better Wilson.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Saquon will never happen!!

But I think this show that RW is doing can help out in the scouting and drafting another rb that RW feels good about too.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":23ygthzj said:
<snip>I'm curious as to why you think Schotty runs a more diverse offense than Bev? From what I've read and seen, Schotty's offense is even more conservative. I hope solari can make that kind of impact, but we are still weak at guard and RT.

It's not the conservatism, it's bevel's inability to design plays that don't look like what is about to happen. Every offensive play since 2011 I knew exactly whether it was going to be a run or a pass, and who the primary and backup targets were. I'm no football genius, and if I could see it then sure as hell the other teams' defenses knew exactly how to counter what was about to be run. I can't say as I ever once heard a football announcer say "What a well designed play!" during the bevel years when we were on offense, and I heard it too often when we weren't.

olyfan63

Reaction score
GeekHawk":6vrafus6 said:
adeltaY":6vrafus6 said:
<snip>I'm curious as to why you think Schotty runs a more diverse offense than Bev? From what I've read and seen, Schotty's offense is even more conservative. I hope solari can make that kind of impact, but we are still weak at guard and RT.

It's not the conservatism, it's bevel's inability to design plays that don't look like what is about to happen. Every offensive play since 2011 I knew exactly whether it was going to be a run or a pass, and who the primary and backup targets were. I'm no football genius, and if I could see it then sure as hell the other teams' defenses knew exactly how to counter what was about to be run. I can't say as I ever once heard a football announcer say "What a well designed play!" during the bevel years when we were on offense, and I heard it too often when we weren't.

I sorta recall the announcers saying "Well designed play by Bevell" on a couple plays over the years, maybe Luke Willson's TD vs the Cardinals a couple seasons ago, but agreed too few and far between, and negated by too many head-scratchers.

That said, with the crap OL Cable has been putting out there, it's gotta make it very difficult for a playcaller.

I'll give Bev credit for doing a very nice job in a few big games, like SB48, the shootout win over Pittsburgh in 2015, and the win over Houston-with-Watson this year. Maybe the credit is Pete's for those games, for telling Bev the offense would have to score early and often. (My speculation)

I'm hardly a Bevell apologist, but the man did make a living in the NFL as an OC for at least two teams I know of. The most damning thing on Bevell in my mind was not even "the Pick" (SB49) it was his crap of throwing Lockette under the bus instead of taking responsibility for his own faiilings. Things like... Bevell's poor matchup awareness (Kearse vs Browner), poor choice of "go-to" player in Lockette, a below-NFL-quality WR, and poor risk management play (high TO risk from tipped balls etc. in an area of high traffic), and a QB who does not excel on those types of throws. Yes, Wilson was "too short" in that moment for that situation. Instead of accepting responsibility Bevell blamed others. Sure, Lockette could have been "stronger to the ball" but Bevell could have chosen an NFL-quality WR target and a lower risk play for such a crucial play, which Pete had decreed was to be a pass.

Funny, my few exceptions do more to bolster your point than detract from it.

Watching some of the other excellent offenses we faced this year, Houston with Watson, Philly (even though we beat them), and Atlanta, it made me wonder why our OC and braintrust couldn't incorporate more misdirection and deception the way other offenses do against our D. I just hesitate to dump all the blame on Bevell when the hot garbage OL is factored in.

Apologies for going a little further off topic for this thread. Back on topic...
Saquon? Why yes, we do have a Squaxon Island nearby, rearrrange the lettters, and that's only one letter, a missing "X" off from Saquon, and given draft realities, that's probably the closest we're going to come to having Saquon in the Pacific NW. So there'd have to be an X factor?

OK, upon further review, I screwed this up, can't even spell the tribe name right. My apologies to the Squaxin Tribe.
See the actual name on the map here: https://goo.gl/maps/Bz6TmRswdtR2
It's SquaxIn Island with an I. So even further away from Saquon. However, if you examine the map carefully, you will clearly see there is still a little Hope left. Really. ;-)

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Saquon had a less than stellar line at PSU as well as a mobile QB. He would fit in here but I just don't see it happening.