Russell Wilson is the best QB in the NFL. Period.

olyfan63

Reaction score
ctrcat":1rvkik9i said:
Smellyman":1rvkik9i said:
Cam gets A LOT of qb sneak td's since he is so big. Wilson hands in the same situation to the RB. Even 5 yards under they will run Cam or Cam will call his own number. It's all about him.

Some people say this happens too much because he opens himself up to hits and some say it doesn't happen enough since he's such a weapon. I'll say this-it doesn't happen every time, or close to it. Exhibit A was the Titans game and the dance momma drama. Both Tolbert and Stewart had cracks at the 1 on the previous possession when they settled for a FG and Stewart had yet another crack at the 1 but was stuffed again before Cam Supermanned it in.

Cam is so big and strong he moves LBs backwards when he hits them. Wilson doesn't do that. Not big enough. Cam is a unique goal line and short yardage threat, as QBs go. I hate it when the Panthers have short yardage against us because of the Cam option. It's so tough for a D to have to account for the QB too. If Cam had 2nd and goal at the 1 in the Super Bowl, I don't think we'd see a slant called.

Wilson has amazing little jukes and pump fakes that freeze defenders and nobody since (or even) Fran Tarkenton has brought that.

Because of Cam's size, I think he's at less risk of injury than other running QBs, as long as he doesn't get foolish and take unnecessary hits pulling he Superman act.

Cam is just downright scary now that he has started to read defenses better and better and increasingly knows where to go with the ball and can do it quickly.

Hawk fans really underestimate Cam's leadership and how he inspires that team and how they follow him. Overall, IMO, Cam has now put himself into that top tier of quarterbacks in the leadership intangibles category. (Wilson's been there since Day 1) Hawk fans only see Cam's emotional celebrations and call him a preening douchebag. I'm sure Carolina fans will give a very different story on this. I think it's one of those things where if he's on your team, you love him, and that's just part of who he is.

Really what we have is two amazing QBs. Cam won round 1 this year. Cam won it with his *passing* in crunch time. Russell won the rounds before that in earlier seasons. The Seahawks have a game to win first to even get another crack at Carolina. Assuming we do, that will be the game that helps us measure them against each other. I just don't see the point of obsessing over which one is better; IMO it's Wilson, but Cam has really made it a horse race this year.

With Carolina this year, it's like watching a mirror image of the Seahawks of the last few years. Great QB with running and passing skills, strong running game, outstanding defense, and a unique, intangible team chemistry. What's not to love, if you're a fan who loves good football? Gotta love Luke Kuechly, among others.

While I believe Hawk fans on this board underestimate Carolina, I guarantee that Pete and his staff do not. They know exactly how good the Panthers are, and will do a championship level of preparation for that team. I believe many Hawk fans are still hanging onto outdated impressions of the Panthers. They're better this year. They are who their record says they are.

Really what I think we're seeing now is the modern day revival of Packers-49ers-Cowboys rivalries of the 90s, Favre-Young-Aikman, where whichever team got the edge on the others pretty much went on to win the Super Bowl. Now the teams are Seahawks-Packers-Panthers, and the conversation is Wilson-Rodgers-Newton. (Except that the Packers surprisingly suck lately). The way I feel as a fan is just to anticipate and enjoy the rivalry, and hope and believe my team will come out on top. This is a historic rivalry that's developing and the Seahawks are smack in the middle of it, a delightful situation that's a first in Seattle sports history. Let's not take it for granted. (And let's not take Minnesota for granted either)

At the same time, its the counterbalancing greatness of our opponents that will add that much more value to playoff wins and Super Bowl championships Seattle winds up winning. This year, Carolina this year is truly a great, worthy opponent. The playoffs run through their house. Seattle is the team that is the biggest threat to Carolina on the road.

We will need Russell to pull out his biggest, bestest, baddest game to beat the Panthers on the road. We will need the kind of performance he pulled off against Pittsburgh, 5 TDs. If Wilson can do that, that would be the strongest statement he could make in support of the premise of this thread.

One delightful aside... while injuries suck, and he's had bad "luck" this year, isn't it nice not to keep hearing how great Andrew Luck is, even though he's often a pick machine? Lately even Rodgers sucks. Who'da thunk that one?

First Russell needs to take care of the Vikings to get another shot at Cam and the Panthers. First things first.