Russell Wilson Must do two things for a seahawk WIN

OP
OP
ExBassGuide

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":127ovvtg said:
irocdave":127ovvtg said:
You cant take everything an NFL coach says at face value. RW will not be left out there to take a pounding, even if the game is within reach. PC isn't dumb or so arrogant that he's going to prove a worthless point . He may play the PC card but he isn't dumb and will do what is best for the team in the playoffs.

:roll:

I'll be very curious to see how "dumb and arrogant" Pete is, since he'll probably leave Russ in the whole game. There's nothing worthless about reps, about playing winning football, especially against a team we may see yet again in a couple weeks.
:th2thumbs:

keatonisballin

Reaction score
The Cardinals D line is not very good. Filled with a bunch of old players. But they blitz more than anyone which is where the problem lies. Hopefully Patrick Lewis has gotten better at recognizing and adjusting to blitzes.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
I think the upside of a win is outweighed by potential injury risks to starters the Hawks will need in the playoffs.

I thinks the Hawks match up well against the Skins, Vikings, and Packers. So they shouldn't try to over-engineer things too much against the Cardinals. Survive to fight another day. This is just a skirmish, the battle starts next week.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ExBassGuide":q06uu83z said:
irocdave":q06uu83z said:
This isn't a big game for the Hawks. The game after this one is. Right now the Hawks don't have the horses to pull this game out against the Cards if they choose to go all in, which they should. This game, even with starting gimpy starters could be the first time the Hawks get blown out in years.

It sucks to say this, but the only way I see the Hawks winning this game is to have RW running around for his life trying to make plays. Not a smart way to go in to the playoffs. This game means nothing, if the Hawks are going to do anything in the playoffs RW needs to be healthy as well as have Kam, Okung, Lynch, Sweazey, Bennet etc on the field.

This game against the Cardinal doesn't mean squat.

If he stays in the pocket he's going to get injured! Pete will go for the win at least for some time! Pete does not believe in resting players before the playoffs. Russell needs to stay healthy and play action is the best way for him to stay out of trouble whether we are balling out for the win or not! It could help the team to get a win going into the playoffs and doing that against the card would help for the next time we play if we play each other in the playoffs. Russ is much more likely to be injured in the pocket rather than running.
Roger

Russell gets hit the most when he does play action passes. His best work comes on pure drop back quick passes. I could see double moves working very well because the cards will be playing the quick passing game. Peterson is already susceptible to those. Imagine if he really expects a quick pass to Lockett and Lockett pulls a beautiful double move...he'll be WIDE OPEN for a very long gain.

Latest posts