Russell Wilson not MVP

aawolf

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":mjj6yt7j said:
72% completion rate, actually. And a 123.1 quarterback rating. His numbers were solid, Russell-like. Not spectacular yardage-wise, but definitely MVP-worthy. I'm fine with him not getting it though, because he himself will be fine with it too, and seeing a lunch-pail, 7th round former backup win it is a snapshot of this team. It's as close to a full-team MVP award as possible.

Spot on. Its only fitting that Malcolm Smith gets it because the identity of this defense. I didn't like that he said in the NFL Network interview that he was giving the car to his mom, though, because he could have decked it out in Seahawks colors and rocked it to practice. Or, maybe he could have given Lynch a ride after a late-night bender (kidding). Good for him and good for the whole team.

I will say that Wilson's stat-line speaks volumes about what kind of player he is--patient, accurate, and deadly. Love it. Give me Wilson over any QB in the league at this point in his career.

Just think, Seahawk fans: this is quite possibly the FIRST GAME ALL SEASON that our offense has been 100% healthy all game long. Its a harbinger of things to come. DYNASTY, BABY!!!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3i06kzvd said:
If it were Luck instead of Wilson this is a non issue because he is the media darling and would have won MVP.
Heck I bet still Luck got some votes last night.
Hopefully next year will be Russell's year to win the award... you know now that his sophomore slump in finally over.

mikeak

Reaction score
PC said in the post game interview something quick about RW wouldn't care one bit about not getting the MVP

I think that is true especially since he knows he will get it next year

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3h3tokdw said:
Peter King says he voted for Avril -- I have a feeling the vote was spread among 3 or 4 guys.

Avril forced both 1st half picks so he should have won over Smith. That was the game right there.

Honestly Avril and Smith were comvpers. They were the impact players on D

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
mikeak":187yf3sv said:
PC said in the post game interview something quick about RW wouldn't care one bit about not getting the MVP

Its because all he cares about is a superbowl trophy. He couldnt care less if he wins the superbowl mvp

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
mikeak":1hnblbsb said:

I'm as much a Seahawks homer as you but I know not to count my eggs before they become hatchling seahawks. There are no guarantees. The discourse of Wilson as a game manager qb continues even after this win and will into next year.
Sure it's a wonderful day to be a Seahawks but don't be blind to the fact that many still root against us and slight our band of misfits. Many continue to downplay RW's clutchness in this game which does affect his public image going into next year. I see the same scenario for next year given our conservative playcalling and reliance on defense. Except that other teams will have caught up to our level of play.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1mis5r4u said:
mikeak":1mis5r4u said:

Its because all he cares about is a superbowl trophy. He couldnt care less if he wins the superbowl mvp
Superbowl MVP was one of his lofty goals. It was in his documentary where he wrote each of his goals on a cap.