Russell Wilson Press Conference 4/17

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
To me it seems a little conceited to act like everything he does is super corny and/or beneath those who bash him. He is doing just fine, regardless what people think and/or how much better it makes them feel to rag on him. It's hilarious how worked up people get. Maybe people should worry about themselves. It ranks up there with worrying about what jersey another human wears. Who gives a rip? Do you, and don't apologize for it. We could be doing a hell of a lot worse than having Russell flippen Wilson as our QB.

toffee

Reaction score
Wondering what other players were there at the presser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkFan72

Reaction score
John63":2hcbf5xj said:
lobohawk":2hcbf5xj said:
The main thing you have to remember about Wilson is his commitment. When he's committed, he gives everything. You see it in silly endorsements, like nano-bubbles. Sounds silly to us, but he agreed to represent and he commits fully.

Getting this done means he's as bought in as a player can be.

True and lets remember it was his idea for the no trade clause, and him that went to his agent and said get it done and keep me in Seattle.

Again, the no-trade clause doesn't mean he can't be traded. It just means that he gets to pick where he is traded to. Players waive no-trade clauses all the time. All the no trade clause does is ensure that the Seahawks can't surprise Wilson by trading him one day to a team he doesn't want to go to.

People are using the no-trade clause as proof that Wilson wants to be in Seattle, but it doesn't mean that at all. It just means Wilson has power over where he goes now. It shrinks the possible pool of teams that the Seahawks can trade with, and Wilson gets to decide the list.

I believe he wants to be here, but I don't understand why people think the no trade clause is actually proof of that. It is being spun that way by Wilson's agent, but really it is just more control for his client because now Wilson would get to pick the spot he's traded to.

With all that said, I think it's a moot point anyway, because I don't think Schneider ever plans on trading Wilson away.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
toffee":10u7qmjv said:

There's some photos on Seahawks.com. Looks like Brown, Fluker, Britt, Roos, Ifedi, Pocic, Wagner, and a couple of other OL sized dudes I don't immediately recognize.

toffee

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1nizdx8m said:
toffee":1nizdx8m said:

There's some photos on Seahawks.com. Looks like Brown, Fluker, Britt, Roos, Ifedi, Pocic, Wagner, and a couple of other OL sized dudes I don't immediately recognize.
wow the whole OL was there!! That and the QB of defense, Bobby Wagner was there.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Bobby is the same draft class so that’s a special relationship. You always bond as rookies going through the fire.

toffee

Reaction score
Mad Dog":18hhsaio said:
Bobby is the same draft class so that’s a special relationship. You always bond as rookies going through the fire.
Sherman has been unusually quiet of late, really missing his opinions, which he has on everything.

At this point, Russ got everything our Sherm wanted, being the face of the franchise, the long term contract with guaranteed $$$, the honor of being the highest paid in NFL no matter how short life that honor might be.

Someone really should talk to Sherm, about Russ and what his HC said about his job security:

One of the better competitions leading into the start of the regular season could be at cornerback, where two recent third-round draft picks and an injury-plagued first-rounder will be going after one starting job.

That’s assuming, of course, that Richard Sherman is already locked in as the starter on the other side.

“I anticipate that,” 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said this week at the NFL owners meeting in Phoenix.

“Everybody on our team is competing at every position. We brought Sherm in here to be a starter. That’s what we’re expecting. But his position is no different from every other position.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers ... rd-sherman

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Guy is a breath of fresh air. Being life long Seahawk fan in Iowa as soon as deadline (along with any thing controversial Seahawk related as I am super passionate and probably only Seahawk fan they know) came out people where blowing me up about him leaving etc etc. No, he just said if not done by this time its just time to go to work and not discuss it and even more was actually giving Seattle best opportunity at “cheapest” deal if done now as opposed to after the season.