Russell Wilson to Giants? - NBC Sports comentary

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Actually, David Gilmour played a Fender Stratocaster (and sometimes a Telecaster) on a good number of Pink Floyd recordings and live performances. I believe he primarily used a Gibson Les Paul on The Wall, however.

Seymour

Reaction score
fenderbender123":gtjxshti said:
Seymour":gtjxshti said:
Russ Willstrong":gtjxshti said:
Uncle Si":gtjxshti said:
How can you have any pudding if you dont eat your meat?!?
Nice...
I know you and I aren't the only Floyd fans here... right?

As far as I know it's just you 2 and several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and groovin' with a pict. ;)

None of this Pink Floyd shit is on topic. Pack it in.

"Do as I say, not as I do." :179422:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":2mxqwf3d said:
fenderbender123":2mxqwf3d said:
Seymour":2mxqwf3d said:
Russ Willstrong":2mxqwf3d said:
Nice...
I know you and I aren't the only Floyd fans here... right?

As far as I know it's just you 2 and several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and groovin' with a pict. ;)

Or, run down a conversation with your juvenile rumor mongering and slander of players.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2f5zhp4v said:
Seymour":2f5zhp4v said:
fenderbender123":2f5zhp4v said:
Seymour":2f5zhp4v said:

Or, run down a conversation with your juvenile rumor mongering and slander of players.

So we protect Lions and Eagles here too now? It was a complete and obvious joke.. But got it. :roll:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":1uxcwjh3 said:
Uncle Si":1uxcwjh3 said:
Seymour":1uxcwjh3 said:
fenderbender123":1uxcwjh3 said:

So we protect Lions and Eagles here too now? It was a complete and obvious joke.. But got it. :roll:

forget it..

i have pneumonia

let's move on

HansGruber

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2zbvrv6g said:
HansGruber":2zbvrv6g said:
Which is why I used the Cousins example. The infighting between DeFiippo and Zimmer was probably the biggest factor in the Vikes failure last season. Yet the prevailing "wisdom" is still that the Vikes were foolish to give Cousins an $84m deal, and it is very unlikely (without a Vikings Superbowl run) that he will see that much money again. That situation has likely cost him upwards of $100m in future contract value. It was a huge career risk for Cousins and it failed.
When the Vikings came to Seattle last year, Cousins didn't look like an $84 QB, much less an $84 Million QB. He was a deer in the headlights the entire night. Absolutely awful.

I am sure part of it was infighting between DeFiippo and Zimmer, but a significant portion of it was Cousins just being terrible.

Cousins didn't look good at all against Seattle, true. But no doubt the problems between DeFilippo and Zimmer played a big role in the offensive problems in MIN last season. It's not all on Cousins. Doesn't matter. The team didn't make the playoffs and that had a significant impact on Cousins' future contract value.

Just like if Wilson goes to NYC, signs a $150m/5yr deal, and fails to get them into the playoffs in the first year. Doesn't matter why they don't make the playoffs, Wilson's contract becomes the #1 story, and his career takes a financial hit. It is a huge career risk for Wilson.

Finally, there's no way the Seahawks would trade him anyway. So the whole story is kinda silly.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HansGruber":25frc689 said:
KiwiHawk":25frc689 said:
HansGruber":25frc689 said:
Which is why I used the Cousins example. The infighting between DeFiippo and Zimmer was probably the biggest factor in the Vikes failure last season. Yet the prevailing "wisdom" is still that the Vikes were foolish to give Cousins an $84m deal, and it is very unlikely (without a Vikings Superbowl run) that he will see that much money again. That situation has likely cost him upwards of $100m in future contract value. It was a huge career risk for Cousins and it failed.
When the Vikings came to Seattle last year, Cousins didn't look like an $84 QB, much less an $84 Million QB. He was a deer in the headlights the entire night. Absolutely awful.

I am sure part of it was infighting between DeFiippo and Zimmer, but a significant portion of it was Cousins just being terrible.

Cousins didn't look good at all against Seattle, true. But no doubt the problems between DeFilippo and Zimmer played a big role in the offensive problems in MIN last season. It's not all on Cousins. Doesn't matter. The team didn't make the playoffs and that had a significant impact on Cousins' future contract value.

Just like if Wilson goes to NYC, signs a $150m/5yr deal, and fails to get them into the playoffs in the first year. Doesn't matter why they don't make the playoffs, Wilson's contract becomes the #1 story, and his career takes a financial hit. It is a huge career risk for Wilson.

Finally, there's no way the Seahawks would trade him anyway. So the whole story is kinda silly.

I think New York will draft a QB, let him sit behind Manning for a year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1cc7bjw9 said:
HansGruber":1cc7bjw9 said:
KiwiHawk":1cc7bjw9 said:
HansGruber":1cc7bjw9 said:

I think New York will draft a QB, let him sit behind Manning for a year.

I could also see them going after Foles. They know him well, he'd be an upgrade over Manning and they'd be instant contenders in a wide open NFC East.

Not sure if the Giants ownership and fanbase have the stomach to watch a rookie QB suck for 2-3 years hoping to not turn into the Jets............if they haven't already.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Foles over the potential of drafting the next Mahomes? I think they go draft

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":214uzpxt said:

You mean the next Russell Wilson!

Doubt Murray lasts until pick #6, someone's gonna grab him, or trade up to grab him before the Giants. I hope the Giants do draft Murray, cause then all the idiot pundits will stop saying they want Russell.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":37l5zqyu said:

Yeah Cleveland was saying that for a while, except it was Draft the next Kozar instead of taking a proven Vet on his second contract.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2y2r1wov said:

Yeah Cleveland was saying that for a while, except it was Draft the next Kozar instead of taking a proven Vet on his second contract.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":u5kxdnon said:
Uncle Si":u5kxdnon said:

And now they have Baker Mayfield.

Not sure the point.

I think the Giants will draft a QB and let him sit behind Manning in his final year rather than cut Manning, paying a huge portion of his 23 million and then paying Foles high market price.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2mg94871 said:
chris98251":2mg94871 said:
Uncle Si":2mg94871 said:

Not sure the point.

I think the Giants will draft a QB and let him sit behind Manning in his final year rather than cut Manning, paying a huge portion of his 23 million and then paying Foles high market price.

I think you're right. The Giants don't have the cap space to keep Manning AND pickup a veteran QB like Foles or Wilson. Which is another reason why the rumors were kinda silly. They only have $23m effective cap space this season.

The only real option for NY is to draft a QB and they're probably going to have to let Manning go anyway.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2jk4pkp9 said:
chris98251":2jk4pkp9 said:
Uncle Si":2jk4pkp9 said:

Not sure the point.

30 YEARS LATER IS THE POINT!

There were options before Mayfield, they kept burning first round picks on QB's, taking a guy say like Hasselbeck or Brunell via trade when they were available would have gone a long way.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
to be clear.. we are talking about the Giants. The last time they drafted a QB in the first round it was Eli Manning.

Not sure the Browns failures can be used to prove any point against another franchise. Their failures have been epic. And yet, they now have a franchise QB. And as Hans said, the Giants cant squeeze Eli and Foles under the cap anyways.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3o9y7trs said:
to be clear.. we are talking about the Giants. The last time they drafted a QB in the first round it was Eli Manning.

Not sure the Browns failures can be used to prove any point against another franchise. Their failures have been epic. And yet, they now have a franchise QB. And as Hans said, the Giants cant squeeze Eli and Foles under the cap anyways.

Doesn't matter the team, GM's try to get cute all the time, look across the City to the Jets and their QB woes, not since Ken O Brien have they had a good QB, some will say Richard Todd but O Brien was good on a bad team.

Giants have gone the way of the rest of the teams without a strong leadership recently. The disarray and dysfunction the Giants have going on is going to get laughable soon.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
chris98251":ele7yq3w said:
Uncle Si":ele7yq3w said:

Doesn't matter the team, GM's try to get cute all the time, look across the City to the Jets and their QB woes, not since Ken O Brien have they had a good QB, some will say Richard Todd but O Brien was good on a bad team.

Giants have gone the way of the rest of the teams without a strong leadership recently. The disarray and dysfunction the Giants have going on is going to get laughable soon.

So paying an above average salary for an average to sometimes above average Nick Foles is the answer?

Those are also mistakes that sink organizations. Broncos have done both the last few years.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2482jr5k said:
chris98251":2482jr5k said:
Uncle Si":2482jr5k said:

So paying an above average salary for an average to sometimes above average Nick Foles is the answer?

Those are also mistakes that sink organizations. Broncos have done both the last few years.

No you go after Jacoby Brissett. Make a deal he's proven and not as hyped.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
well thats an interesting name. But not sure he's "proven."

You'd have to trade for him, then sign him. equal risk to a rookie?

Latest posts