Russell's Silence is Deafening: He Wants Out

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3r7m4oe9 said:
Yep, RW has clammed up. The sky must be falling!

Geez Louise! The nonsense here goes on and on and on.

But Russell has always been so candid and open when he speaks...!

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Wilsons silence doesn't mean he wants out. He is disappointed, and rightfully so.
We all noticed this in the 3rd game vs the Rams when he thru the ball into the dirt at the line of scrimmage on a 3rd down. Never have I seen him intentionally give up other than getting overwhelmed by Blitz. No. he would use his legs and circle back around to find a open receiver.
RW doesn't need to say anything. The Sports Media will be more than happy to welcome all of us to the Cancer within.
J ALLEN, JS and PC are feeling it I'm sure.
Russ needs help. Maybe Seattle should give up some other High Profile player offensive and defensive to get what this HOF player needs. I have confidence J Allen and JC can get this done. FO will have to sacrifice some big names but keeping Wilson happy is paramount.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
had2bhawk":2cbuc5pp said:
Wilsons silence doesn't mean he wants out. He is disappointed, and rightfully so.
We all noticed this in the 3rd game vs the Rams when he thru the ball into the dirt at the line of scrimmage on a 3rd down. Never have I seen him intentionally give up other than getting overwhelmed by Blitz. No. he would use his legs and circle back around to find a open receiver.
RW doesn't need to say anything. The Sports Media will be more than happy to welcome all of us to the Cancer within.
J ALLEN, JS and PC are feeling it I'm sure.
Russ needs help. Maybe Seattle should give up some other High Profile player offensive and defensive to get what this HOF player needs. I have confidence J Allen and JC can get this done. FO will have to sacrifice some big names but keeping Wilson happy is paramount.

Nah Russ is complaining about getting sacked 394 times, he’s beat up, it’s time to trade him & fix the OL!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3s54qug4 said:
Yep, RW has clammed up. The sky must be falling!

Geez Louise! The nonsense here goes on and on and on.

Well when he opened his mouth and cried about 394 sacks my first reaction was he’s beat up it’s time to trade him! If he starts acting like sacks don’t bother him maybe I’ll change my mind. He did convince me that we should fix the OL more than Trent Williams!

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson being quiet tends to mean they are talking and neither side wanting to pour more gas on the fire.

Seahawks have always been quiet about things with John and Pete.

Also if a trade is being talked about Wilson doesn't want to go into a situation where he has stirred the pot recently against a Organization other then what has already been said.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
chris98251":vxp61g4e said:
Wilson being quiet tends to mean they are talking and neither side wanting to pour more gas on the fire.

Also if a trade is being talked about Wilson doesn't want to go into a situation where he has stirred the pot recently against a Organization other then what has already been said.

Wilson should be open to all teams not just his listed four that way he can have more options to choose from as long as the acquiring teams put at least 3 round 1 picks on the table to begin conversations!

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
chris98251":1lww5b59 said:

Seahawks have put themselves in a horrible situation by not squashing this trade talk, they had to know they were burning the bridges behind them, it’s a rookie mistake unless they are absolutely sure they can trade him and make this team better by 2022!

chris98251

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2la23h74 said:
chris98251":2la23h74 said:

Wilson should be open to all teams not just his listed four that way he can have more options to choose from as long as the acquiring teams put at least 3 round 1 picks on the table to begin conversations!

If you wanted to move and had the choice of destinations suitable to you, would you go to Siberia or Barrow?

Torc

Reaction score
I went to the dan patrick interview that started all of this hubbub, but they cut off the ending. Is Russ still saying "Go Hawks" at the end of his interviews? I haven't been able to find something recent enough to see. That would be more disturbing than the season ticket holders letter, if he wasn't anymore.

toffee

Reaction score
I know it's painful for some, but really, we are in the dawn of post Russ era. That Russell Wilson train is leaving the station.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
At first, the Watson situation seemed the worst in sports. And the Texans looked like morons, if not fools to think they could still make it work.

Somehow, almost day by day, the Wilson situation started to creep close to the Watson.

The question is which one is worse.

A few weeks ago, I would have said Watson by a mile.

Now I am not so sure.

Watson might even end up playing for the Texans another year, maybe 2.

I am almost certain this is Wilson's last year and even with the cap hit I wouldn't put it past this team to trade Wilson.

(It would be mindblowing if we somehow traded him to the Bears and then kept getting kicked off the ladder when we faced the Wilson and the Bears in any kind of playoffs later)

Which situation do you think is worse right now to their respective team? Wilson or Watson?

(Or should this be a separate thread?)

HawkinNY

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ng9dolk said:
What Wilson wants is a chance to do what he believes he can do.

Look at all 4 teams he approved. As FG points out, all are offensive-minded HCs with experience in the playoffs.

What he wants is to do better in the playoffs by being able to use the offensive resources he has at his disposal while working with a coach that put him in a position to succeed...not throw him out to win the game himself in the 4th quarter when down multiple TDs at the half.

Wilson wants a better playoff record and his coach is screwing that up. If you were a QB, wouldn't you want a better playoff record? Especially if you were a HOF QB and your coach treated you like they had Winston at QB for the first half?

Can you really blame him for wanting to do better and knowing it cannot really be here?

He probably doesn't want to leave. Leaving means uprooting yourself for the year and losing a ton of relationships you have forged. But if the cost of success is losing those, he might have to.

Is that really surprising? Wouldn't you do the same in his shoes?
So which team has coaches that have done more than Pete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3qv0hw89 said:
At first, the Watson situation seemed the worst in sports. And the Texans looked like morons, if not fools to think they could still make it work.

Somehow, almost day by day, the Wilson situation started to creep close to the Watson.

The question is which one is worse.

A few weeks ago, I would have said Watson by a mile.

Now I am not so sure.

Watson might even end up playing for the Texans another year, maybe 2.

I am almost certain this is Wilson's last year and even with the cap hit I wouldn't put it past this team to trade Wilson.

(It would be mindblowing if we somehow traded him to the Bears and then kept getting kicked off the ladder when we faced the Wilson and the Bears in any kind of playoffs later)

Which situation do you think is worse right now to their respective team? Wilson or Watson?

(Or should this be a separate thread?)

Not close Houston is far worse and Watson who hasn’t won yet is completely unhinged!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":16qdoxtd said:

Look at all 4 teams he approved. As FG points out, all are offensive-minded HCs with experience in the playoffs.

What he wants is to do better in the playoffs by being able to use the offensive resources he has at his disposal while working with a coach that put him in a position to succeed...not throw him out to win the game himself in the 4th quarter when down multiple TDs at the half.

Wilson wants a better playoff record and his coach is screwing that up. If you were a QB, wouldn't you want a better playoff record? Especially if you were a HOF QB and your coach treated you like they had Winston at QB for the first half?

Can you really blame him for wanting to do better and knowing it cannot really be here?

He probably doesn't want to leave. Leaving means uprooting yourself for the year and losing a ton of relationships you have forged. But if the cost of success is losing those, he might have to.

You probably should have done your research regarding the other 4 coaches before proclaiming them to be better playoff coaches than Pete.

You probably should also consider that much of his desire to leave has nothing to do at all with football, or Pete.

toffee

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1qvik5uo said:
TwistedHusky":1qvik5uo said:

You probably should have done your research regarding the other 4 coaches before proclaiming them to be better playoff coaches than Pete.

You probably should also consider that much of his desire to leave has nothing to do at all with football, or Pete.
Pete and John did scout and drooled over Mahomes and Allen, they seems to know a good QB when they saw one. Let's hope they hit jackpot again.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
Hawkpower":um0s9gz9 said:
TwistedHusky":um0s9gz9 said:

Actually that is not true. All of Wilson's reason for doing what's he is doing has to do with football and PC. FYI PPC playoff record withotu Wilson is not good, heck his record withotu wilson is not good sub .500 With Wilson over .600

nwHawk

Reaction score
Former teammate chimes in. I always loved how he protected Marshaun during interviews.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/i/status/1369449887784439811[/tweet]