RW Bleacher report ranked #3

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Anthony!":25mxs7c5 said:
MizzouHawkGal":25mxs7c5 said:
Seems a bit high to me. I think number 5 is a fair assessment. But if we repeat he's definitely in the Big 4.And will be an easy argument for top 3 or better within that elite 4. But Pandion raises a legitimate point, he may not be elite or ever be in the system we run but he's Championship level just like Troy Aikman. I can deal with that.

So to be clear the list is a joke and those posts in this thread telling me Philip Rivers is anything above top 15 are the same.

That is scary the part about the system he is in, if Rw believes he cannot achieve greatness in this system we could loose him. That said I am thinking after watching the SB PC will allow him to stay aggressive and not hold him back any more. I hope.
Don't worry this is a great system for a quarterback that cares about winning over statistics. You get to throw the ball when it's actually needed and take deep shots at will. That's a quarterback's dream. You are the man while the ignorant think it's the running back. It's actually a balance between the running back, quarterback and defense.

theascension

Reaction score
Smellyman":2jryj9nb said:
most "best" lists are dumb, especially when my team is too low.

However, it is amusing to see manning and Rivers get 3/5 on mobility. I know sliding in pocket is important, but I can't think of two less mobile qb's in the past 10 years.

Agreed. Manning is the poster boy for 1 mobility. He got -31 yards rushing this year lol

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I just like to say he is top 5. Naming names for the remaining spots and ordering those names I leave up to BR, and dumbasses that like to comment on that site.

Brithawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1vi7qrgl said:
Seems a bit high to me. I think number 5 is a fair assessment. But if we repeat he's definitely in the Big 4.
It's solely based on the past season. Nothing else

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Brithawk":28x7hdop said:
MizzouHawkGal":28x7hdop said:
Seems a bit high to me. I think number 5 is a fair assessment. But if we repeat he's definitely in the Big 4.
So my opinion stands and seems correct. Wilson was a top 5 quarterback in 2013 (regular season) like that matters to people that watch the games rather than do that fantasy football thing (such a fitting term by the way).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Brithawk":3o3h2yoy said:
MizzouHawkGal":3o3h2yoy said:
So my opinion stands Wilson was a top 5 quarterback in 2013 (regular season) like that matters to people that watch the games rather than do that fantasy football thing (such an fitting term by the way).

Brithawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":7ulokrsa said:
Brithawk":7ulokrsa said:
MizzouHawkGal":7ulokrsa said:
So my opinion stands Wilson was a top 5 quarterback in 2013 (regular season) like that matters to people that watch the games rather than do that fantasy football thing (such an fitting term by the way).
Sorry I thought you meant in general originally.
Ignoring post season then only really Rivers & Manning stand out as being miles better. It's marginal between Russ, Brady maybe even Cam. Post season is where Russ solidified it. I think 3/4 this year is fair

themunn

Reaction score
The "It's Bleacher Report" argument is usually reserved for the fact that BR allows just about anybody to upload an article, so often it's just a fan writing about his favourite team - Matt Miller is their lead NFL draft guy though, and has worked for NFL Network, Sports Illustrated and a load of other publications though, so "It's Bleacher Report" doesn't really fly here.

You'll still have some work convincing me that Aaron Rodgers isn't a better QB than Peyton Manning (12/15 for arm strength?), but at the same time, given the season Manning just had, you'd be daft to try and rank him anywhere below number 1 - even though it's not true.

gulliver

Reaction score
Whenever someone says "Bleacher Report is saying..." what they might as well be saying is that "Any random troll on the Internet is saying..." Just not sure why anything BR's writers are saying is noteworthy at all, as they're mostly failure-to-launch basement dwellers with no credentials.

The Onion knows it, so should you:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/1000-b ... owl,27259/

Exittium

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":ku64n042 said:
Anthony!":ku64n042 said:
MizzouHawkGal":ku64n042 said:
Seems a bit high to me. I think number 5 is a fair assessment. But if we repeat he's definitely in the Big 4.And will be an easy argument for top 3 or better within that elite 4. But Pandion raises a legitimate point, he may not be elite or ever be in the system we run but he's Championship level just like Troy Aikman. I can deal with that.

So to be clear the list is a joke and those posts in this thread telling me Philip Rivers is anything above top 15 are the same.

That is scary the part about the system he is in, if Rw believes he cannot achieve greatness in this system we could loose him. That said I am thinking after watching the SB PC will allow him to stay aggressive and not hold him back any more. I hope.
Don't worry this is a great system for a quarterback that cares about winning over statistics. You get to throw the ball when it's actually needed and take deep shots at will. That's a quarterback's dream. You are the man while the ignorant think it's the running back. It's actually a balance between the running back, quarterback and defense.

This is probably the BEST description of how our offense is right here. I couldn't agree more with you.

Latest posts