Saints Writer Answers Questions (News Tribune Blog)

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2014/01/10/five-questions-and-answers-with-a-saints-beat-writer/[/urltargetblank]

On the News Tribune Blog, they did a Q&A with a beat writer from the Saints (Larry Holder of the Times-Picayune) I always like to read the opposition viewpoint, but thought this was an interesting tidbit from the article...

What’s your pick for the game and why?
Seahawks 24, Saints 20 — Do I think the Saints have more of a shot to topple Seattle this time around? No doubt. But like my pick last week where I took the Saints over the Eagles, I’m going with who I think is the better team. I think that’s the Seahawks.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Nice to see a level headed sports writer stating a rational opinion instead of trying to hype a game for his team and fans.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Its nice to see a realistic prediction from a Saints fan, unlike some of the other fans on here.

otter

Reaction score
Why is it realistic, cause he picked the Seahawks to win, and you agree with that? or because he thinks it will be a close game? Just a question, would it still be rational if he had picked the Saints to win? or is this board so much into being homers that they can't see how the Saints can win, because they can win.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Seahawks are a better team in all areas of their roster excluding QB. If you cant look at the stats, roster and games this season and cant see that then there is something wrong with you.

Can we lose? Sure, anyone can win on any day especially in the playoffs.

But to say were homers because we agree with a writer who has seen the Saints play all year is just plain dumb.

Exittium

Reaction score
otter":1xdfoqix said:
Why is it realistic, cause he picked the Seahawks to win, and you agree with that? or because he thinks it will be a close game? Just a question, would it still be rational if he had picked the Saints to win? or is this board so much into being homers that they can't see how the Saints can win, because they can win.

Wow dude .. you calling all of us homers probably isn't the best choice. Now unless you can't play nice I'd suggest you keep quiet.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":sicrqfrw said:
Seahawks are a better team in all areas of their roster excluding QB. If you cant look at the stats, roster and games this season and cant see that then there is something wrong with you.

But to say were homers because we agree with a writer who has seen the Saints play all year is just plain dumb.

And TE. I love Zack, but Jimmy Graham is pretty good...

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
I always think there's a chance for any team to win on any given Sunday, and when that team has an elite qb it just increases those odds, but when you look at matchups, we win the majority across the board. I'm not talking TE vs TE either, I'm talking about TE vs LB or WR vs DB etc. We aren't a good match up for the Saints, but anything can happen.

otter

Reaction score
Exittium":3ipzzdho said:
otter":3ipzzdho said:

Wow dude .. you calling all of us homers probably isn't the best choice. Now unless you can't play nice I'd suggest you keep quiet.

See this is what I'm talking about, I present a question that can be seen as valid, but because it doesn't follow the group think of this board, I'm told to keep quiet. I'm a Seahawks fan, have been since i can remember watching football, since about 1982 or so. However, I am a realist, any given Sunday can happen, and either team can win this game. Remember the last time the Saints came to town, the Saints were favored by how much, how many talking heads gave the Hawks a chance to win, almost none. So, think about it. It's fine to be confident in your team, but don't think that the other teams fans should see things in you way, and don't call them unrealistic for having their opinions.

Exittium

Reaction score
otter":2mlywqhq said:
Exittium":2mlywqhq said:
otter":2mlywqhq said:

See this is what I'm talking about, I present a question that can be seen as valid, but because it doesn't follow the group think of this board, I'm told to keep quiet. I'm a Seahawks fan, have been since i can remember watching football, since about 1982 or so. However, I am a realist, any given Sunday can happen, and either team can win this game. Remember the last time the Saints came to town, the Saints were favored by how much, how many talking heads gave the Hawks a chance to win, almost none. So, think about it. It's fine to be confident in your team, but don't think that the other teams fans should see things in you way, and don't call them unrealistic for having their opinions.

Your right we're being confident in our team, not being homers. However YOU did call people here on the boards homers because of us being confident. And while yes most of us realize any given Sunday anything can happen, most of here also understand that the Saint don't match up well against us.

otter

Reaction score
that's what the Saints fans thought in 2011, when they came in here and Beast Quake happened, and how did that go for them? And I didn't intentionally call anyone out. I said that we were being homers.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
otter":9kpz7xbh said:
that's what the Saints fans thought in 2011, when they came in here and Beast Quake happened, and how did that go for them? And I didn't intentionally call anyone out. I said that we were being homers.

fans are fans are fans, but being confident with an 8 point spread and the majority of experts also picking the Seahawks (including a Saints beat writer) isn't the definition of being a homer.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hey dude, In 2011 we were heavy underdogs to a superior team...IN OUR OWN HOUSE. You should know by now that there is an extreme advantage with the 12's playing for us. Come on. Think about it.
This time around, we are the superior team playing IN OUR OWN HOUSE. We all know about "any given(Saturday/Sunday)" but being this confident in our team is not that we aren't being realistic...In fact, We Are.

2_0_6

Reaction score
CANHawk":q2kd8kzl said:
Hawk_Nation":q2kd8kzl said:

Oh ya, I forgot about the giant albino.

So they got us on 2 out of 53, Ill take it.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":ds5jnx7g said:
CANHawk":ds5jnx7g said:
Hawk_Nation":ds5jnx7g said:

Oh ya, I forgot about the giant albino.

So they got us on 2 out of 53, Ill take it.

They may have a better QB per history and such but their advantage isn't that big. Heck if Russ plays like we all know he can, he is able to out perform Brees. This isn't like Manning(Great) vs Schuab(Bad)...It's Brees(Great) vs Wilson(Very, very Good/Potentially Great).

Can't argue about TE though. I wish Wright was healthy and playing tomorrow.

Latest posts