San Francisco 49ers sued over 2014 stadium beating update

Jville

Reaction score
In a lawsuit filed Friday in Santa Clara County Superior Court, Kiran and Amish Patel, cousins who attended the game against the Kansas City Chiefs last year, contend the 49ers security efforts did not address the potential for violence from drunken fans, "creating an unreasonable risk of injury." The two Central Valley brothers who committed the attack, both of whom were charged with assault, beat the two men so badly that one wound up in critical condition and underwent skull surgery in an incident captured on videotape by a bystander.

The lawsuit also alleges that the 49ers were on notice that there is a heightened potential for violence at NFL games, even citing the team's own "pattern of criminal and violent behavior" by players -- a reference to the 49ers recent spate of players facing legal troubles for off-the-field problems.

Source >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_28894495/san-francisco-49ers-sued-over-2014-stadium-beating?source=infinite-up[/urltargetblank]

ringless

Reaction score
There was a video on our news after this weekends game of a 49er fan/s kicking someone on the ground at UoP after this weekends loss.

I was reading an article that said on average there are 31 people asked to leave any given game for various reasons and about 3 arrests per game. The article said there was 31 arrests at their opener alone last year or about 10 times the average. Now that is most likely an outlier as it wasn't a long term study on arrests at that stadium but over the course of a year I'm sure they fall in line near the average.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I think fan behavior across the country has gotten worse in terms of the number of morons who cause incidents at any given game. They're still a minority, but they have the potential to really screw things up for the rest of us--more bad publicity, more rules, more security leading to higher ticket prices.

Honestly, is it really that hard to just behave and enjoy the game and let others around you do the same?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
But, but, but.... I was told by certain Niner fans here that "the criminal element" was "priced out" at the new stadium???? What gives???

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I feel this is ridiculous. Usually it takes two to tango and in this case there were more. In any case, nfl stadiums search very diligently. I had to throw away a WALLET because it was too large. If someone got into it b/c of fists or something smuggled into a body cavity coupled with alcohol or drugs, I suggest the "victims" sue the perps' uncollectable ass..ets

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1448dw2n said:
But, but, but.... I was told by certain Niner fans here that "the criminal element" was "priced out" at the new stadium???? What gives???

Prices go waaaaaay down when the team sucks, and they suck.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":1ixobkdz said:
Prices go waaaaaay down when the team sucks, and they suck.

Not sure if you're actually trying to make a point relevant to the thread, but this happened toward of the middle of last year, when the 9ers started the season 8-3 before dropping their last five.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Choices:

Ban parking lots (every commutes to the game)
Ban alcohol sales after halftime
Ban alcohol sales in general
Separate fan bases by partitions

Cancel football

Choices...