SB49 audible by Russ??? Explains a lot.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I never heard or read anything about Russell Wilson audibling from a Marshawn Lynch run to the fateful pass failure in the Bowl against the Patriots. I always wondered, but there is no doubt now.

That also explains so much about him paying to fly the whole team and their families to Hawaii to bond, and heal. It explains the bitterness by players.

Listen to Lynch closely:
YouTube:

John63

Reaction score
Oh my god, this is a spoof account, listen to what Lynch said he said they thought about audibling but instead ran the play called.

John63

Reaction score
Go to love the ability to block "people"

chrispy

Reaction score
...even worse that he changed the play in the huddle (but he can't read a Defense so I guess that makes more sense than changing at the line). I applaud the organization for not throwing him under the bus at the time although it resulted in the loss of a lot of great players. Onward and upward.

W

Welshers

This is literally a fake news story. Russ didn't audible, Lynch already confirmed that. But it doesn't change the fact we would have won that sb with almost any other qb in nfl

BASF

Reaction score
I never heard or read anything about Russell Wilson audibling from a Marshawn Lynch run to the fateful pass failure in the Bowl against the Patriots. I always wondered, but there is no doubt now.

That also explains so much about him paying to fly the whole team and their families to Hawaii to bond, and heal. It explains the bitterness by players.

Listen to Lynch closely:
YouTube:

Look, there have been a lot of revisionist history regarding the Seahawks and Wilson, but there is video of Pete Carroll saying give me a pass here right before the huddle was initiated. Carroll chose pass because the down and he didn't want to leave too much time for Brady. Bevell was the moron who came up with the pass play choice. The interview with Lynch is obviously talking about the people in the huddle looking to Wilson if he was going to audible out of the pass play.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
IF this was a true story, Lynch would have admitted it. He doesn't pull punches and does not BS.

You honestly think that a QB could call an audible at the LOS in the SB, blow the play, lose the game for all the other players and none of the players (even the ones that left the team) would say anything about it?

Unlikely.

Especially because you know other players would have heard the audible, and it would have gotten out into the lockerroom to all the other players that didn't hear it personally.
It would be impossible to keep under wraps. It would have come out and not just after the Seahawk PR machine with trying to make it look like they made the right choice betting on Pete instead of Wilson.

toffee

Reaction score
Pure speculation here, please correct me if I'm wrong. I am assuming all plays were sent from the play calling coach to the QB, not all players on the field? I think only the QB. So whatever play called is only known to the coaches and the QB.

In this case, say Pete and Bevel called a play to run the ball by Marshawn, that is only known to Pete, Bevel, and Russ, not to other players. If Russ changed it ..... and called a different play without telling the guys what play was sent in from the booth.

OK conspiracy right here, and baseless.

Smellyman

Reaction score
IF this was a true story, Lynch would have admitted it. He doesn't pull punches and does not BS.

You honestly think that a QB could call an audible at the LOS in the SB, blow the play, lose the game for all the other players and none of the players (even the ones that left the team) would say anything about it?

Unlikely.

Especially because you know other players would have heard the audible, and it would have gotten out into the lockerroom to all the other players that didn't hear it personally.
It would be impossible to keep under wraps. It would have come out and not just after the Seahawk PR machine with trying to make it look like they made the right choice betting on Pete instead of Wilson.
unless he never relayed the actual call from his helmet and called his own play in the huddle, so not an 'audible' at the line.

that being said I doubt it as well.

John63

Reaction score

Unlikely.

Bingo !!!!

keasley45

Reaction score
Yeah. Russ got the call from Bev. If you listen to interviews from ADB (i think it was him), he talks about the bewilderment of getting THAT call from the sideline and that they collectively wondered if they should audible.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Oh my god, this is a spoof account, listen to what Lynch said he said they thought about audibling but instead ran the play called.
Yes, I interpreted Lynch's comment as RW should have audibled from the original play that was called where Butler intercepted.

iirc, Bevel did say that he made the call and explained his "adaptation" to the goal line defense (still a bad call) and then Pete (as usual) said "It's my fault, it's on me."

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Yeah. Russ got the call from Bev. If you listen to interviews from ADB (i think it was him), he talks about the bewilderment of getting THAT call from the sideline and that they collectively wondered if they should audible.
IMO - no "coaching" explanation will ever convince me that every play called from the 1 yard line should not have been give the ball to Lynch. If they stop him every time from the 1 then the Pats would deserve the win.

That being said - Wilson should have audibled. "Oh he wasn't allowed to. He might get in trouble and be on the outs with the coaching staff." And I'm sure that no QB in the history of the game has ever defied the coach and audibled out of a play. Lynch scores. They win the SB. Hurt coach feelings/pride goes bye-bye.