Schadenfreude (Denver Sports Radio)

Penman96

Reaction score
He's happy with spending the big money with Manning at QB- said Seattle has drafted well and the have an advantage for low salaries at star positions. But Manning is Denver's guy and will be back all things even...

Will Denver prepare by getting tougher in order to face the NFC West next year? They will do what they can, they will get their guys back off IR and that will help, especially Clady

Polaris

Reaction score
Penman96":13d58w2g said:
He's happy with spending the big money with Manning at QB- said Seattle has drafted well and the have an advantage for low salaries at star positions. But Manning is Denver's guy and will be back all things even...

Will Denver prepare by getting tougher in order to face the NFC West next year? They will do what they can, they will get their guys back off IR and that will help, especially Clady

The problem is that Elway two years ago got Manning and paid him a ton of money and then signed expensive, older short term free agents to supplement Manning. Essentially Denver became Indianopolis 2.0.

Indianopolis 2.0 won't beat the best NFC teams, esp not in the NFCW. It is what it is and IMHO that's what Fox is trying to tell Elway. The entire premise of Denver is fatally flawed if you want to win a superbowl.

Polaris

Reaction score
Lolololol......

Listening to DMac and Al, and DMac doesn't seem to understand why it's important to be able to run the ball. Seems to think that having Peyton Manning is mutually exclusive with having a running game.

They pay these guys?

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
In the Brady v. Manning debate, the one thing I always give Brady credit for is his willingness to restructure to help the team out. I believe he's done it more than once.

Manning? Not once.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Wow, that Big-Al is one butt-hurt, hating moron... holy smokes what an idiot... the Dmac dude at least sounded somewhat realistic of the situation... toward the end Dmac says basically "look out NFL, Seattles going to be back next year with more of the same thing..." then Big Al emphatically states that the 49ers will be in the Super Bowl... a crying little beatch dig obviously meant for the Seahawks and their fans more than for any support of the 49ers... that just put a cap on his jar of tears.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Barthawk":3bvec8hf said:
Aren't these the same guys that said last week they would take their DBs over ours?

Yes.

I tried to get onto their home pages to give them an earful yesterday, and surprise it's locked up. Probably saw my IP address as WA based or something and is locking us out because of all the crap they've been taking for weeks since those idiotic comments.

jblaze

Reaction score
Regarding the 49'ers, remember they're essentially in the same spot as us but a year ahead. Kap is eligible for an extension and his agent said they're open to start negotiating which is a sign to management that they better get on it. If they don't extend Kap and then franchise tag him the next year, he'll bolt. He's not the loyal type.

In the age of free agency and this current CBA, you've essentially gotta hit on drafts and make a good 3-4 year run if you're lucky. Then rebuild/slash salary to make another run in a year or two after that. It's become cyclical and necessary and I think JS understands that and has built longevity into his plans, at least for the next few years.

Hawks46

Reaction score
What I find especially delicious is that Peyton Manning makes more than our entire starting defense. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Denver.

It's nice to say we're going to draft some guys and get physical. Thing is, you can't just "get" physical. The most physical team in that division is probably SD, and it showed against Denver when they ran the ball on them and won.

We're physical because if we weren't, half of our guys would be on IR. You have to be the most physical to survive in this deathmatch of a division. People are talking about this division and saying "iron sharpens iron" and it's so true. We all make eachother tougher, and Denver was totally unprepared for it.

Seahawks25

Reaction score
Living in Denver I listen to these two a lot. Williams played for the Broncos during their Superbowl wins. He is typically the voice of reason to D-mac's over the top homerish comments. For the last two weeks I wanted to climb in to the radio and choke him out. When talking about Seattle, he stated that the defense is "pretty solid". Basically dismissed the rest of the team. Acted like this was just show-up, collect the prize and get back for the parade. I'm thinking about calling him now, but probably will just make me dumb.

chawx

Reaction score
The thing no one in Denver wants to admit is that this matchup would go the Seahawks way 99 times out of 100.

I/m still am trying to envision a scenario where Denver is able to pull this out over the span of 4 quarters. They might win one or two quarters in 100 games played, maybe even three quarters in the one game out of 100 they would beat us in...but they would never ever dominate us 43-8 (or similar). Their one win out of 100 might be by 3 in overtime and even then it would take Russell playing his worst game ever, and then Lynch and our entire Defense would have to get hurt too...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hour 2 of Feb, 3rd is just glorious! They sound like they're going to cannibalize one another.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
I must have read every game day thread from all 31 other teams. Classic D teams are loving it.