Schedule to be released FINALLY on April 22nd

Largent80

Reaction score
I have a bunch of Hawk fan friends down in SD as well, and we all need to gather and party for this game. Sounds like we will have quite a few already. In 2009 approximately 40 from this board met up in SF and we had a blast (except for that game).

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dana will put something together for the crew, no doubt about that. She used to run the Seahawker chapter down there, and still is involved. Plus, she's usually the one who gets a group of tix together when the Hawks play down there.

seahawksny

Reaction score
I have a feeling GB
and they will have another excuse for a loss now that tate is gone

Hawkboi

Reaction score
It's a Thursday night opening, I believe it's either San Fran or Denver at Home... Big big game!!!

TheHawkster

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2lmeheg1 said:
Ill go out on a limb and say Arizona...

I've been thinking Arizona or Green Bay all off season.
But Green Bay has played SF twice in a row for the opener.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":3hht3u6k said:
Barthawk":3hht3u6k said:
well Tom, we play @CAR again so that will not happen

Don't be so sure, Bart. The Orioles prevented the Ravens from opening at home. If the M's go on a tear and lead the divisi...bwahaha I can't even finish that sentence!!!

Mariners aren't at home that Thursday anyway so its moot

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2auskpj5 said:

No chance. Arizona is not interesting in the slightest to the national audience. NBC isn't putting them in the opener.

BocciHawk":2auskpj5 said:
49ers and Broncos will not be the opener. Makes no sense. They can have us play just about any team with a decent fan base and they'll get huge ratings for the opener. 49ers and Broncos will be huge games regardless of when they are televised. My money is on Dallas or Green Bay. The Giants would be a dark horse candidate.

Completely agree with this entire post. I think it will be Green Bay myself, but Dallas or the Giants would not surprise me either.

Seaswab":2auskpj5 said:
2 Thursday night
2 Monday Night
1 Sunday night

I actually agree with this BECAUSE .. I think a SEA/SF game will be the Thanksgiving primetime game this year. Just call it a hunch. That's must see TV and aside from the small demo that's out doing Black Friday shopping.. everyone is at home on Thanksgiving. Not to mention, NBC runs that game.. has done rivalries in both seasons it has added it.. and is free and clear of having to use the Cowboys or Lions.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Seaswab":2nlq2klm said:
2 Thursday night
2 Monday Night
1 Sunday night

With Carolina, Philly, and Washington @10 AM PST following the 2 Monday and 1 Sunday nighters of course.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2ukr0ix4 said:
gowazzu02":2ukr0ix4 said:

No chance. Arizona is not interesting in the slightest to the national audience. NBC isn't putting them in the opener.

BocciHawk":2ukr0ix4 said:
49ers and Broncos will not be the opener. Makes no sense. They can have us play just about any team with a decent fan base and they'll get huge ratings for the opener. 49ers and Broncos will be huge games regardless of when they are televised. My money is on Dallas or Green Bay. The Giants would be a dark horse candidate.

Completely agree with this entire post. I think it will be Green Bay myself, but Dallas or the Giants would not surprise me either.

Seaswab":2ukr0ix4 said:
2 Thursday night
2 Monday Night
1 Sunday night

I actually agree with this BECAUSE .. I think a SEA/SF game will be the Thanksgiving primetime game this year. Just call it a hunch. That's must see TV and aside from the small demo that's out doing Black Friday shopping.. everyone is at home on Thanksgiving. Not to mention, NBC runs that game.. has done rivalries in both seasons it has added it.. and is free and clear of having to use the Cowboys or Lions.

I dont, think so, teams only get one Thursday game regardless of where it's position. In that sense we get off lucky not having to travel on short notice with a Thursday game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3h6bs7sk said:
I dont, think so, teams only get one Thursday game regardless of where it's position. In that sense we get off lucky not having to travel on short notice with a Thursday game.

Incorrect the kickoff game doesn't exempt teams from that Thursday rule.

The Ravens still had another Thursday game last year. They played it on Thanksgiving. The Broncos played theirs against the Chargers late in the year.

JMR

Reaction score
I'll say the league tosses Jerruh a bone and lets them open up the season with the SB champs in primetime.