SD @ AZ

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
El Caliente":2yn97fw2 said:
endzorn":2yn97fw2 said:
That was entertaining, but mostly to see how San Diego would shoot themselves in the foot. They looked like a team scared to win. I don't know how many drops they'll get credited for, but there were seven balls I can recall off the top of my head that went directly through a receivers hands and two dropped picks.

To add to that, is there a less inspiring starting qb in the NFL than Carson Palmer? Even Romo, Hoyer, Fitzpatrick, and Geno Smith give you more hope or have shown you that they are learning. Palmer is just a body. The Cards should call Dave Kreig and see if he is game for a season or two.

I dunno. You compare Palmer's body of work in the NFL with Andrew Luck's, and you'll find them quite similar. That means Palmer is a superstar quarterback.

ringless

Reaction score
I'm not impressed with our win tonight, however it is a win and that's what matters. Good teams find ways to win, and when we needed to we drove down the field on two long drives an our defense made the stood they needed to.

The thing that upset me the most was the play calling tonight. On Defense and Offense. Throwing a fade pass to a 5'10" reciever? Going for two with so much time left? Screen plays that should have been to Brown and Ellington. On Defense watching some of the all out Blitzes that you knew were coming before the snap and I knew they would be completions. We didn't get enough pressure on Rivers tonight.

But like I said. We found a way to win when it mattered. They are also a good team. I think we will play better as the season goes. I'm just happy we aren't behind one game, and I feel next week could be better for us since it's against the Giants.

mikeak

Reaction score
San Diego now has a history of blowing these kinds of games. I didn't see enough to say that Arizona is a good team that won vs San Diego being a sloppy team that once again lost.

Arizona offense was not good enough to win consistently. Will it change? I guess we will find out

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ringless":8fhsh0km said:
I'm not impressed with our win tonight, however it is a win and that's what matters.
Marvin, take note. This here's a man who can recognize when his team gets a "win" it hardly earned.

Congrats on starting off 1-0 Ringless, and also for your honest candor.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
so the bolt offense looked good and bad. the good was that they got receivers open and Rivers hit them with the ball. The bad was that their were so many drops. Rivers even went down field and Peterson only to have the receiver miss the ball. It hit him in the head. Their feature back Mathews could find the hole with a map and goes down with minimal contact.
On defense I don't think Weddle worries any one but their defensive line was ok.
all and all it still looks like the two most physical players on their team are the QB and the punter...

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, I didn't watch the game but after reading this thread, I am just going to delete the recording.

I am headed to the San Diego game Sunday. How do you feel about our chances?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Their offense can be dangerous IF they catch the ball and Rivers is a fighter but I just think they lack toughness and quickness to compete with us on either side of the ball. You never know on some one else's field though.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Largent80":332h2jno said:
Well, I didn't watch the game but after reading this thread, I am just going to delete the recording.

I am headed to the San Diego game Sunday. How do you feel about our chances?
Don't do that Largent80. It was actually a very entertaining game. One of the better MNF games in years.

As for our chances, we'll be by more than one score. I'm predicting 30-20. Wouldn't be surprised if we win 42-7 though.

Largent80

Reaction score
OK then, I'll try and sit thru it....should I turn off the sound or just laugh at Dilweed?

Wagon12

Reaction score
I really wish the Chargers hadn't gone full potato at the end... An L for the Cards would've been nice, plus, maybe the Chargers would've been more likely to take their eye off the ball for next weekend... Now they are in desperation mode!

In other news, it seems the odds makers are all over the place for this weeks upcoming games... Please explain to me how the 49ers are a bigger favorite missing half their defense vs. Chicago than we are @ SD??? Makes no sense...

Largent80

Reaction score
:2: and welcome to .NET.

I have no idea however Vegas sets the lines so they think they will make money off of them. It really is all about money. I remember one year when the L.A. Rams were to play in SF and it was reported that the entire 49er team had the flu.

They set the line and the Rams folded like a Swiss army knife, and Vegas got ALL the money on that one.

A better football team will actually overcome "desperation" mode or other perceived obstacles.

The only thing I am worried about for us is CB depth.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Wagon12":xa1xowz0 said:
I really wish the Chargers hadn't gone full potato at the end... An L for the Cards would've been nice, plus, maybe the Chargers would've been more likely to take their eye off the ball for next weekend... Now they are in desperation mode!

In other news, it seems the odds makers are all over the place for this weeks upcoming games... Please explain to me how the 49ers are a bigger favorite missing half their defense vs. Chicago than we are @ SD??? Makes no sense...

Because they're playing at home against a team that isn't much different than the team they just beat on the road (no defense, potent offense that turns it over too much)? :|

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Wagon12":4rux8936 said:
Once again, Vegas lines have NOTHING to do with who they think will win, it's ALL about keeping betting action on both teams approximately even so that regardless of who wins, Vegas comes out profitable.

Wagon12

Reaction score
Largent80":3t3u0z3u said:
:2: and welcome to .NET.

I have no idea however Vegas sets the lines so they think they will make money off of them. It really is all about money. I remember one year when the L.A. Rams were to play in SF and it was reported that the entire 49er team had the flu.

They set the line and the Rams folded like a Swiss army knife, and Vegas got ALL the money on that one.

A better football team will actually overcome "desperation" mode or other perceived obstacles.

The only thing I am worried about for us is CB depth.

True that Vegas has to play to the national perception I suppose... I am also worried about our CB depth, however, if we can just get through the creampuff part of our schedule relatively healthy going into the gauntlet part of our schedule, that would be a win... Would rather be missing guys now rather than later...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The biggest takeaway I had from watching last night's game is neither team could generate any sort of pressure without blitzing.........which means Russell should shred the Charger's weak DB's with Percy spreading them out.

I also think River's constantly trying to change the play taking the play clock down to the last second seemingly EVERY play means our D-Line will be nice and rested and rotated every play.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Arizona's offensive plan is basically five- and seven-step dropbacks to throw the ball long, which is the absolute worst plan to have against our D.

It took a miracle day from their defense, a shanked FG, etc., to beat Seattle last year. This defense will destroy them again this year, and assuming Harvin is playing, Harvin will stretch them out and slow the numerous exotic blitzes the Cardinals run. Injuries aside, Seattle should be able to win both Arizona games this year.

Melencause

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ui2xml7 said:
ringless":3ui2xml7 said:
I'm not impressed with our win tonight, however it is a win and that's what matters.
Marvin, take note. This here's a man who can recognize when his team gets a "win" it hardly earned.

Congrats on starting off 1-0 Ringless, and also for your honest candor.

chris98251

Reaction score
I saw slants, I saw deep throws, and I saw the screens, the only thing that stands a chance of working is the screens occasionally. They will never get those fade routes with the taller CB's we have. I see a lot of INT's for both Palmer and Rivers if they use that strategy against us.

HHawk121

Reaction score
I think the "flooding" is hugely overstated. I haven't seen standing water since that morning...

Latest posts