SeaBass becomes just the ....

GeekHawk

Reaction score
LardAss (oops, I mean SeaBass) is also a liability in the kicking game wherein he has no ability or desire to even try and slow down the kick returner. Since we can only put 10 other people on the field with him, this means the return team has a person available to block every one of our people plus one extra to run the ball back for either amazing field position or 6 points. All while our 'kicker' fails to even fall down in front of the returner to try and be a speed bump. Probably doesn't want to get his uniform damaged, since I'm sure it had to be custom-made in size XXXXL.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Meh. Hauschka can be considered a package deal with Cabevel. If we didn’t cut Hausch$ we probably still have the two coaches. I’d rather have kept Hauschka, but not at the expense of keeping Cabevel for another season.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1dd3lkhl said:
LardAss (oops, I mean SeaBass) is also a liability in the kicking game wherein he has no ability or desire to even try and slow down the kick returner. Since we can only put 10 other people on the field with him, this means the return team has a person available to block every one of our people plus one extra to run the ball back for either amazing field position or 6 points. All while our 'kicker' fails to even fall down in front of the returner to try and be a speed bump. Probably doesn't want to get his uniform damaged, since I'm sure it had to be custom-made in size XXXXL.

while his effort was indeed poor...

the kicker should never have to make a tackle. Special teams coverage (and Hawks returns as well) has been a tremendous disadvantage for this team this year.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2440k3bu said:
Not sure he was "definitely superior" if his stats were basically the same?

Janikowski missed 3xps. Hausch one.

But janikowski made 48 to just 25.

Dont know it will all play out, but janikowski really has been fine overall.

As long as you are fine with no onside kicks ever made and 12 vs 11 (zero effort) on kickoff defense then ya....fine.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":gpv4o04w said:
What is forgotten is Hauschka in his last year with the Hawks was not doing
what he did in prior years and looked like he was losing something..
The Hawks decided not find out and were wrong but there clearly were
reasons to be concerned after that season.

Yep, he missed 6 XPs that year as well as 2 FGs under 30 yards. I believe one of those was a potential game winner against Arizona that ended in a tie.

HawkerD

Reaction score
JGreen79":22revu15 said:
Uncle Si":22revu15 said:
Hauschka has been equal to janikowski. His reliability is an issue as well.

Vikings drafted a kicker, cut him after 3 weeks, then he has a great season with the Raiders.

There is no real certainty in kicking it seems

What hurts is the kicker Janikowski beat out.in the preseason made the pro bowl. He went 33-36 and 6-7 at 50+

Agreed. If they kept Meyers it would have cost a little more since SeaBass's contract was guaranteed. But we would have Meyers locked up for the next few years on the cheap. I think Pete just didn't want to risk another fiasco at PK and went with an established guy with a long history in the league.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Seanhawk":d0e29sjx said:
IndyHawk":d0e29sjx said:
What is forgotten is Hauschka in his last year with the Hawks was not doing
what he did in prior years and looked like he was losing something..
The Hawks decided not find out and were wrong but there clearly were
reasons to be concerned after that season.

Yep, he missed 6 XPs that year as well as 2 FGs under 30 yards. I believe one of those was a potential game winner against Arizona that ended in a tie.

TBF, the Cardinal kicker missed an even shorter FG(24 yarder vs 28 yarder) just before that so we should have lost & we should feel lucky for the tie.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plenty of points and/or opportunities left on the board by both teams. Don't feel lucky at all, nor should the Hawks. They made the plays they needed to, just like they did on Sunday, when it counted. Haushka flat out choked in that game at Arizona, he had one job. Seabass did his job on Sunday. He makes me nervous, but he is 3 FOR 3 in game winners this year.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
No the Hawks did not make all the plays, hence were staring at what should have been a loss. But sometimes the kicker on the other team chokes first. As with the Vikings playoff win, sometimes you get a break.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They made the plays to get Haushka in range for an easy field goal in the game at Arizona, so yes they DID make the plays. BOTH kickers miss a potential game winner, but it's the Hawks who should feel lucky. Got it.

Believe what you want. Doesn't matter, all in how you look at it. The NFL is full of games where a team "should have lost."
You either win or you don't, why does it matter how you WIN a game? This isn't a beauty contest, get the W and don't apologize for it. I'll take another ugly win tomorrow night.
Go Hawks

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Janikowski’s misses were typically early. He was excellent in the 4th quarter which is all I really care about. You don’t kick in the league for 50 years if you can’t make 4th quarter kicks.