Seabass

Seymour

Reaction score
Ambrose83":391co7c4 said:
Aros":391co7c4 said:
Yet I am not hearing anyone talk about the placeholder which is odd. The placeholder is just one but a MAJOR component that goes into a good FG attempt in the NFL. The kicker of course has to have his routine, timing, form, down to a science, but none of that means squat if the placeholder doesn't place the ball PRECISELY where the kicker wants and needs it to be at that precise moment.

Just playing Devil's Advocate. He really could be done. I have no dog in this fight at all. Just wondering if it's more than we think at the moment.

Lol no... There was literally nothing wrong with either of those holds ....

Exactly. The replay clearly showed there was no hold issues so why pass the buck here?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Aros":zmvvnue3 said:
Scorpion05":zmvvnue3 said:
We should start tracking overreactions on .Net week to week. This entire board is full of cutting and making drastic changes after week 1

So you must be new around here. Hello, my name is Aros. What's yours? :p

Lol. Hey pal. Scorpion, nice to meet ya!! :D

As for the other responses. Look, I’m all for possibly cutting SeaBass, but he has more of a pedigree than Walsh ever did. He kicked just fine when Jon Ryan was holding so I do wonder. If this happens again then yes, but suggesting cutting a kicker week to week is asinine. Eventually we’ll have no kicker

Chapow

Reaction score
Missed 2 XP's in preseason, now missed 2 FG's in ideal conditions in what is most likely the most kicker friendly field in the NFL.

Yeah, I'm pretty concerned about our kicking game. Again.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I didn't want to be, but absolutely I'm worried. Both of those kicks weren't even close. And two missed extra points? Come on Hawks, learn from last year and go get a kicker.

chris98251

Reaction score
Holds can be weird, by tilt, lace placement position on the ground relative to the kickers approach, just catching and getting it down isn't the whole story.

kf3339

Reaction score
Isn't the bigger question whether PC still thinks it was the right move to cut Hauschka just to save a few bucks a few seasons ago?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Denver hit a couple 50+ yarders but we couldn’t make our kicks. The two tries didn’t even look close.

That was another big difference in the game.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I sent a tweet to Gregg Bell about this when Bailey got released...really kindly asked "Any chance the Hawks might be interested in Bailey after Janikowski's two missed XPs?" He was quite condescending in his response as if it was a stupid question.

I guess Bell knows everything...If I was a GM I would not be about to let a FG kicker screw up the playoff chances again.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I heard on radio (ESPN 710 Seattle) that Janikowski started missing fgs when Dickson became the placeholder. He was doing fine when Ryan was the holder but after Ryan got released and Dickson took over the struggles began. Hopefully they find a solution one way or another.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I think people are right to be very scared of the consequences of not moving on from a kicker soon enough after the Blair Witch project. At the same time, I think we need to see if this habit extends beyond one game. For me personally, 3 games and if he has missed an easy kick 3 times within those 3 games, its time for a new kicker.

hawkpride

Reaction score
What about Dickson also doing extra points and field goals? I know it's different, but the dude is special...…….Don't slam me to hard, just a thought.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkpride":2708h37m said:
What about Dickson also doing extra points and field goals? I know it's different, but the dude is special...…….Don't slam me to hard, just a thought.

The issue with that is his arms are not long enough to hold for himself. :twisted: :D

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I'm willing to give him "opening day jitters". However, if he misses another one in Chicago.......and it costs us the game.
He's gone!

vtxretro02

Reaction score
Get someone who can kick... didnt we learn anything from the Blair Walsh project... go get Dan Bailey

chris98251

Reaction score
Snapper, Holder, Kicker all have to be in sync and have confidence in each other, forcing stuff or maybe aiming a kick because your thinking about it can screw up everything very fast, then comes the over correcting etc. We have seen this before with Snappers and Kickers as well as holders a while back pre Carroll with Holmgren and our kickers.

Blindside

Reaction score
I believe we need good backup for FG kicker. time to call Dan Bailey's agent. Kicker needs to nail kicks despite minor imperfections to the placeholder. No excuse for Seabass.

adeltaY

Reaction score
What about Kai Forbath? He was pretty solid for the Vikes last year, think he may have had some XP struggles but he was nowhere near as bad as Walsh and their fans seemed pretty perplexed that they chose to keep Carlson over him.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2ft564uw said:
Scorpion05":2ft564uw said:
We should start tracking overreactions on .Net week to week. This entire board is full of cutting and making drastic changes after week 1

So like Walsh, we should just keep moving forward with him and when he costs us a couple more games, do nothing because its an overreaction?

So what is your plan? Cut a guy each week after a couple of misses? That’s how we should run a franchise?

SeaBass, or any kicker for that matter should get at least 3 games before getting kicked to the curb. Replacing a kicker this soon is asinine and shows that fans sometimes forget NFL teams are a business. Not an emotional MMQB crapfest

Blindside

Reaction score
adeltaY":2n7e8kb5 said:
What about Kai Forbath? He was pretty solid for the Vikes last year, think he may have had some XP struggles but he was nowhere near as bad as Walsh and their fans seemed pretty perplexed that they chose to keep Carlson over him.

And now Carlson is gone replaced by Dan Bailey! Do we have a backup kicker? Forbath could be good enough to keep Seabass on his toes "or on his foot" for that matter.