Seahawk tower crane Xmas light ideas....(Lights are up!!)

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
I meant to say "their personnel homes".

Last year the huge "12" logos from some of the cranes were auctioned off for charity.

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3kj53y9i said:
Who is Brian, what type of science and why does he get his own building? :lol:

Fixed, lol. I had to inform myself as to what they are, where they came from and what they do. I will say we (the PNW) residents are so fortunate to have people like Paul Allen amongst us. The Institute is dedicated to understanding how the brain works. All of their research is open source, other researchers will be able to tap in to their data base "for free" and use the findings as they wish. They are not doing research to make a profit, they are attempting to lay the foundation for research for others to use as a basis for further discovery of how the human brain works.
The AIBS staff we work with are at the top of their field and are just great human beings. This a top notch organization, top to bottom. The top being Paul Allen, he is the driving force and major funder for this science endeavor. There are a couple of debatable reasons why PA started this research, one of them has to do with the purchase of the Hawks and seeing concussions happen to his employees early own. No matter the reason, the research being done by AIBS will touch most of us eventually and or our relatives in the future. Imagine a cure for brain trauma or Alzheimer's. That's what they are working towards in very small calculated steps.

I am proud to say I'm working on this project and it is awesome to see the connection to the Hawks.

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Crappy Iphone pick from Monday morning...

114b009d a2c6 48d7 819c b2067d04e388 zps9d253ea9

I'm taking the Nikon in tomorrow morning and should much better pictures tomorrow night. The crane operator ( Reggie) deemed his crane the mullet. All business in the front and all party in the back!

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Just to close the loop on this thread. Paul Allen's first visit to his new research center was Wednesday night. The building was turned over earlier in the month, but this was the first time Paul had stepped foot in it. The first words out of his mouth when he walked in to the atrium were "Incredible".

I cant post pictures of the interior of this building, all I can say it is the highest quality of interior finishes I have ever seen. 10K touch screen 80" monitors every were, terrazzo, glass, solid cherry wood cladding every were, hickory hand carved wood flooring, blackened steel...so much eye candy. Looking up from L1 to the to the top of the skylight is fantastic. If you ever get the chance to visit this place, do it.

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
The Xmas Hawk lighted signs are still sitting in a warehouse, will be interesting to see who gets them.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
irocdave":19t8ulxd said:
Lol, yes I suck at spelling. However, we would like to "slay" the competition.

Were limited to what we can do by the city and FAA due to the float planes. I thought it would be cool to set up the lights to turn on and off to music but I don't think the neighbors would appreciate the noise or distraction. Dioramas would be hard to see from the street level but the local news copters and Kenmore air pilots would get a great view of them.

Also have to work within the frame work of the crane profile a couple hundred feet above the street level. See link for perspective.

http://seattle.curbed.com/archives/2013 ... photos.php

Keep in mind the lights would be up for more than a month. They cannot interfere with the operation of the crane, anything hanging below the boom (horizontal portion in front of the operators cab) could interfere with the operation of the crane.
You could have lights that would respond to the amplitude and frequency of sound, and then work with a local radio station to have the lights pulse in time with the music or whatnot. It's great advertising for them, so they might come to the table with some free promotion.

As we are in the digital age where a lot of content is streamed online, it could be a statement for the effectiveness of radio advertising which would heighten the profile of the radio station and increase their overall ad revenue. Could be a big win for both parties.

As for the lighting scheme itself, obviously blue/green and I am thinking you could superimpose GO SEAHAWKS over an elongated Seahawks logo, such that the logo would display when the music is below a certain threshold, and GO SEAHAWKS would come up for the loud parts, so effectively it would pulse with the beat.

Latest posts