Seahawks 2016-2017 Schedule

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Unofficial Official NET Bash in New Orleans!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":182d8nrp said:
Scottemojo":182d8nrp said:
Panthers are damn near a divisional foe at this point.

All I really ask for is fairness with teams coming off a bye, and don't schedule games vs teams with new coaching staffs the first month. And no cold weather teams late in the year. And only difficult foes coming off a short week, at home. But that is it.
Seriously, how many times have we played this team in the past 5 seasons?

Gotta be a record for most played in 5 years non divisional opponent game.
It's what happens when both teams are consistent division winners and in the same conference. It's how actual rivalries are built. Just like the Cowboys and 49ers back in the 90's.

CHawk

Reaction score
minormillikin":fde30wf2 said:
Looks like a trip for me and the wife to either Massachusetts or New Orleans. A good time either way.

I'm planning on going to both, I just hope Boston is not in Dec.

Ruminator

Reaction score
CRAP, we have to play the Rams twice again next season? That's another two losses if Cable is still our OL coach.

ctrcat

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":10pu6yhr said:
ctrcat":10pu6yhr said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":10pu6yhr said:
Fairness in scheduling is not something that the NFL gives a damn about. The Hawks played five games this year against opponents either coming off a bye or a previous week Thursday night game (meaning they had extra prep time). Know how many times the Panthers had that happen: ZERO

I challenge you to find a long term trend and/or data saying it matters. Not saying you won't, but in 2013 the Panthers had an early bye and faced the Vikings (reigning NFL MVP) and 49ers (defending NFC Champs) on the road, as well as the Patriots at home, all coming off their byes. As well as a Thursday night road game (Tampa). Won all of them.

That's very impressive.

Yes. Funny thing is Rivera was 0-4 after a bye until this year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Would be cool to meet Guido among others

Boom84

Reaction score
If the team makes the necessary improvements (offensive / defensive line, added toughness), the schedule won't matter. The Seahawks have a strong enough core and just need to patch up some holes and they'll be well equipped for anything next season.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Home opponents (*playoff team): Arizona Cardinals*, San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers*, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles.

Away opponents (*playoff team): Arizona Cardinals*, San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New England Patriots*, New York Jets, Green Bay Packers*.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Can someone please clarify how we play Green Bay on the road and Philadelphia at home? I understand the second place thing, but can someone explain how home road/home is determined?

HawkGA

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3h1vl49y said:
Seemingly, an easier schedule next year than we have had the last two years.

@ Patriots will be a fun game.

Sure wish the Hawks could play the NFC South and the AFC South in the same year like some teams (conferences) get to do.

Davidess

Reaction score
Scottemojo":x1rtgp6p said:
Oh, and no early starts.

Youre in luck haha. I think we could potentially have early starts when we play

@NO
@TB
@NYJ
and possibly @STL (although not sure how their stadium issue is going so yeah)

BUT I see some potential primetime games
@NE
@AZ/AZ (probably not both)
CAR
ATL
@GB

Davidess

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":tkxnxqfv said:
Can someone please clarify how we play Green Bay on the road and Philadelphia at home? I understand the second place thing, but can someone explain how home road/home is determined?

How I understood it, is that it rotates (2 away/ 2 home) we played GB 2012 & 2014 in SEA and now we play @GB twice. this will be the second time we're @GB so next time we play GB (after 2016) should be in SEA.

hope that makes sense.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Davidess":2d4uqjea said:
Thepeelsessions":2d4uqjea said:

How I understood it, is that it rotates (2 away/ 2 home) we played GB 2012 & 2014 in SEA and now we play @GB twice. this will be the second time we're @GB so next time we play GB (after 2016) should be in SEA.

hope that makes sense.

Great, thanks.Makes sense. It's just like playing the AFC and NFC divisions. 2 home, 2 away.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1t473kq6 said:

Travel is clockwise.

Latest posts