Seahawks bldg: Carroll saids Unger to return

Hawknight

Reaction score
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... this-week/

Carroll on ESPN 710: Unger to return this week
Posted by Bob Condotta
October 7, 2013

In other news:

" Carroll also provided an update on Percy Harvin in the interview, saying Harvin has started running but that the team won’t know more until he works out for team doctors."

Didn't see this posted...if already posted, please delete.

seanoob

Reaction score
Good news. Hope we get Miller back for this game, too - and the 12th man to boot!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I hope he returns to his 2012 self. He struggled vs Carolina and SF.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I hope they are cautious with both Unger and Percy. We don't have to have Unger this Sunday and don't rush Percy back before he is ready. As passionate as Harvin is though, it wouldn't surprise me if he has been kicking ass this whole time to get back early. He could pull an Adrian Peterson.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Didn't even mention Miller? Is it still a sore hamstring?

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
We really don't have to rush Unger back this week. I say let him get as close to 100% as he can get before we throw him back in there. Breno and Miller too for that matter. If we can't handle the Titans at home we've got problems. Plus it'll give our backups one more week to gel. Despite our loss Sunday, the oline did look better than it did against the Texans.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Read this on twitter earlier.

SUPER STOKED. Hard to replace a Pro Bowler like Max.

I wonder if he's 100%, because Seattle NEEDS it right now. Having a Center hurt is a big deal, especially when it comes to pre-snap reads.

HawkWow

Reaction score
ivotuk":3rvdg2cb said:
I hope they are cautious with both Unger and Percy. We don't have to have Unger this Sunday and don't rush Percy back before he is ready. As passionate as Harvin is though, it wouldn't surprise me if he has been kicking ass this whole time to get back early. He could pull an Adrian Peterson.

Agreed.

Let's let this line get punished for another week. It will build character for future reference. We don't need to rush Unger into anything that will cause aggravation to the injury (this week). Even more so regarding Miller. We need the 12 to bring the noise and Fitzpatrick will be shell shocked before his first sack.

Our secondary but forget about clever nicknames and poster shoots. Browner is on the verge of cashing in, but not with many performances like yesterday (I am giving him a bit of a break though on account of potential rust). Sherman is about to learn the other side of the media if he too don't tighten up. He's managed to manipulate the hell out of the press for his own gain, he will quickly learn that's a 2 way street. BTW, I love both Sherm and BB and have no problem with Sherm's theatrics, but he better produce, or it will cost him and us.

Everybody needs to tighten up. We have as bad of an O-line as any in the league. IF we are to depend on that group, we are sunk. So we better play some damn good D this Sunday. 2nd string, vet QBs always scare me. They have nothing to lose, everything to gain. We will need to knock Fitz around early and often so he understands we are a not a team that's going to pad his resume.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Getting Breno and Unger back will help, but I honestly have a hard time envisioning this line being any good until Okung is back at LT. The drop-off in play at that position has been too steep to be compensated for by returning players at other positions.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
the Problem on the O-line is McQuistan he's a guard and can't handle the speed on the edge. I hope Alvin Bailey is working on getting in their or something becuase if he's not expect alot of rushing yard from russell wilson. whats worse is he got pushed back and got the field goal blocked so i seriously hope they are getting Bailey up to speed becuase McQuistan is a liability.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3bii3pf3 said:
I hope he returns to his 2012 self. He struggled vs Carolina and SF.

I'm guessing he was concealing the arm injury and trying to soldier through it, but it caught up to him. Typical among OL players.

tdigitee

Reaction score
Throwdown":irnc8z28 said:
I heard Wagner has a sprained ankle, is that ishbop true??

Yeah, I saw that on the ESPN blog article about Unger - worrisome but I wonder how severe it was if he was able to finish the game. From the article at http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/960/carroll-expects-unger-to-play-this-weekend:

The only significant injury Seattle suffered Sunday was a sprained ankle for middle linebacker Bobby Wagner.

“He went back in and finished the game,” Carroll said, “but we’ll have to see how that goes this week.”