Seahawks 'confident' in return of Tjack, Kevin Williams

jammerhawk

Reaction score
AVL":7yf3c1s5 said:
He must want more than they think he's worth.

At this point the issue for TJack is money, b/c wherever he goes he's a backup.

I'd really like to see Williams back, but he has to know there are no roster guarantees unlike last season. That won't even be an issue if he plays anywhere near as close to as well as last season.

rideaducati

Reaction score
AVL":3kmw6bjt said:
rideaducati":3kmw6bjt said:
Kennedyin92":3kmw6bjt said:
Seahawk Sailor":3kmw6bjt said:
Kevin Williams is a bonus. If we got T-Jack back, that would almost constitute a major move for me. He's one of the very top backups in the league, and could probably start for three quarters of the teams out there. To retain him as a backup in case Russell went down would be a great boon.

I'm not bashing this opinion at all, but what in Tjack's history makes you think he could start for other NFL teams?

Of course he "could" start for many other teams, but none of those teams want to finish in the bottom five of the NFL. GMs want to win, that is why Tarvaris is still unsigned. Tarvaris would have absolutely ZERO use to ANY team that doesn't run Bevell's system because Tarvaris would take too long to learn any other system. He sucks in a system he has been in for 10 freaking years, how good could he be in another system?

If Tarvaris is one of the best backups in the league, how the hell did he end up as the fifth string QB in Buffalo?...BUFFALO.

He may not have been activated for any games with the Bills, but they gave him a half mill roster bonus just before they cut him.

Just proves my point...teams are willing to pay to get rid of him. If he were on a roster, that would be like trading Tarvaris and a third round pick for a water cooler.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm not bashing this opinion at all, but what in Tjack's history makes you think he could start for other NFL teams?[/quote]

Of course he "could" start for many other teams, but none of those teams want to finish in the bottom five of the NFL. GMs want to win, that is why Tarvaris is still unsigned. Tarvaris would have absolutely ZERO use to ANY team that doesn't run Bevell's system because Tarvaris would take too long to learn any other system. He sucks in a system he has been in for 10 freaking years, how good could he be in another system?

If Tarvaris is one of the best backups in the league, how the hell did he end up as the fifth string QB in Buffalo?...BUFFALO.[/quote]

He may not have been activated for any games with the Bills, but they gave him a half mill roster bonus just before they cut him.[/quote]

Just proves my point...teams are willing to pay to get rid of him. If he were on a roster, that would be like trading Tarvaris and a third round pick for a water cooler.[/quote]
And a happy 4/20 to you

ivotuk

Reaction score
Holy Crap! Kearly posted something besides a Novella! I have never seen this before! *rubs eyes* :shock:

And thank you for posting. I think Kevin Williams has both the experience, skills, leadership and hunger to keep this team on a roll.

These young pups haven't tasted decades of "almost" and need to realize how blessed they are to be on this team.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Rideaducati:

"Just proves my point...teams are willing to pay to get rid of him. If he were on a roster, that would be like trading Tarvaris and a third round pick for a water cooler."

Need to know what kind of water cooler......some are pretty good ones. They may want a second and TJack for it. :16:

titan3131

Reaction score
If we lose Russell to injury more then 2 games our season is blown. Tjack can not be a bandaid. He got his ring, he doesnt need his super high vet minimum salary from the hawks who are strapped for cash anyways.

seahawks08

Reaction score
T Jack with Rams would have won more games, with Arizona, they would not be in the wild card and could very well have played in the SB getting home field advantage. He is not a long term QB, but he can resurrect some win now teams where QB is the only missing piece.

mikeak

Reaction score
titan3131":8trpc3tg said:
If we lose Russell to injury more then 2 games our season is blown. Tjack can not be a bandaid. He got his ring, he doesnt need his super high vet minimum salary from the hawks who are strapped for cash anyways.

It was 1 year, $1,250,000 contract for last year

That is not that much

What would you rather do - use a draft pick and spend $420? So for $900k you waste a draft pick?

Use a UFA and spend $minimum $420k for someone that may be horrible or not - you don't know?

The actual cost saving that is a potential is only Jackson's salary minus $420k which is the rookie minimum salary.

So you could have about $1million in savings and on that you are gambling the season.

T Jackson can go .500 in this league. If RW goes down in game 10 that could be enough to make the playoffs..... I would rather have that chance then no chance

Basis4day

Reaction score
titan3131":w1w4xdud said:

1.25 Million a year is super high for a backup qb?

rideaducati

Reaction score
mikeak":3ctyfnue said:
titan3131":3ctyfnue said:

It was 1 year, $1,250,000 contract for last year

That is not that much

What would you rather do - use a draft pick and spend $420? So for $900k you waste a draft pick?

Use a UFA and spend $minimum $420k for someone that may be horrible or not - you don't know?

The actual cost saving that is a potential is only Jackson's salary minus $420k which is the rookie minimum salary.

So you could have about $1million in savings and on that you are gambling the season.

T Jackson can go .500 in this league. If RW goes down in game 10 that could be enough to make the playoffs..... I would rather have that chance then no chance

I would rather use a UFA that MAY be horrible or not over the CONFIRMED horrible Tarvaris Jackson.

rideaducati

Reaction score
seahawks08":xs8ikkd1 said:
T Jack with Rams would have won more games, with Arizona, they would not be in the wild card and could very well have played in the SB getting home field advantage. He is not a long term QB, but he can resurrect some win now teams where QB is the only missing piece.

Tarvaris would still be trying to learn the system in either one of those offenses and would NOT have been effective in either offense last year. He looks horrible in an offense that he has been in for 9 of his 10 years, just imagine how bad he would be while learning a NEW one. That experiment already failed or he would not have been fifth string QB for the Bills. You may be able to convince yourself, but you aren't going to be able to convince me because I have watched Tarvaris play horribly for a very long time.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":3w75b3vq said:
seahawks08":3w75b3vq said:

Tarvaris would still be trying to learn the system in either one of those offenses and would NOT have been effective in either offense last year. He looks horrible in an offense that he has been in for 9 of his 10 years, just imagine how bad he would be while learning a NEW one. That experiment already failed or he would not have been fifth string QB for the Bills. You may be able to convince yourself, but you aren't going to be able to convince me because I have watched Tarvaris play horribly for a very long time.
I've watched him for a long time too and I've seen him progress with his reads and leadership. I think he has also fostered growth in Russell during their film work and practice time. His salary is well within the parameters of a competent backup. I believe he will be re-signed to a one year deal around $1.5 and that's a bargain

drdiags

Reaction score
Watching that Fox Sports 1 interview with Pete and John. I had never seen the sideline reaction of TJack after the interception. He looked like he was ready to kill. I wonder what was going through his mind at the time? Its all emotions but that reaction was interesting to me.