Seahawks draft grades by the "experts"

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
olyfan63":15395s6b said:
drdiags":15395s6b said:
...Really hate the salary cap, but that is another story.

The salary cap is the reason why the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. Our FO manages it better than anyone else. The sheer number of players who VASTLY overperform their rookie contracts (Wilson, Sherman, Wagner, Maxwell, KJ, and more...) means we our $saving$ can go into strengthening other position groups, all within the confines of the cap.

Yes, we have a rich owner, but there are plenty other rich owners.

Best in league at Salary cap management = Superb Owl!

I agree we manage the salary cap well but it's because of our drafting that we won the bowl. Draft great players and get them to perform at a high level in their first contract and you'll have success. As you see already with the money we have given out for the second contracts of Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, and soon to be Wilson it will be tougher to field a team like we have had. With these second contracts getting players like Avril and Bennett are going to become much tougher.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":2xng8shj said:
It was funny watching Polian talk about how the Seahawks have gotten 3 starters per year from the draft, after he lambasted the Wilson pick. I bet he cannot wait to release the hounds if they start to falter.

Actually Polian said that he was worth the 3rd rounder... as a back up QB. "He's not going to be a starting QB. That's not what you draft him to be."

Draft grades are stupid anyway. It's like grading someone before they take the exam.

el capitan

Reaction score
But not everyone will get a second contract no matter how well they perform. Sherman, Thomas and Wilson are core players and have to be paid if we want continued success but I don't think there was ever a chance that Golden Tate was gonna sign with us because as good as he was he is replaceable. KJ Wright, Malcolm Smith and Byron Maxwell are up for new contracts soon and it wouldn't be a shock to see none of them re-upped, to be perennial contenders those guys will need to be replaced through the draft.