Seahawks experimenting with Jimmy Graham on Offense

Own The West

Reaction score
CalboHawk":351j1cpx said:
Experimenting or Showcasing? :stirthepot:

Seriously. Got to show he still has it if we want someone to to give him $10M+ next year...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seymour":3ac5rczv said:
2 years and 4 games to figure out that Graham is not best suited as a $10M blocker?

Brilliant! Ignore what the Saints did with him, we are so much smarter than them on O. :2thumbs:

Better late than never.....barely though.
Debatable about the better late than never part. We're probably going to use him effectively for the remainder of this season, then trade him.

LolaRox

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3rcs2orr said:
Seymour":3rcs2orr said:
2 years and 4 games to figure out that Graham is not best suited as a $10M blocker?

Brilliant! Ignore what the Saints did with him, we are so much smarter than them on O. :2thumbs:

Better late than never.....barely though.
Debatable about the better late than never part. We're probably going to use him effectively for the remainder of this season, then trade him.

Jimmy is a FA at the end of this season.

NINEster

Reaction score
Vernon Davis probably would be a better TE for Seattle than Graham. Great run blocking still.

Kelce, Gronk, Delanie Walker......all more suitable too.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Wish it didn't take so long to put Jimmy out at WR. Hop on youtube and watch any game JG played with the Saints and you'll see him out there all the time. We finally do this and it's the year before he's a free agent again...

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
BigMeach":1ho9mxv5 said:
Wish it didn't take so long to put Jimmy out at WR. Hop on youtube and watch any game JG played with the Saints and you'll see him out there all the time. We finally do this and it's the year before he's a free agent again...
It's frustrating how this coaching staff is slow to catch on to things on offense.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2krt83h9 said:
BigMeach":2krt83h9 said:
It's frustrating how this coaching staff is slow to catch on to things on offense.

But he's so good at chip blocking! Watching him run at the line of scrimmage for 80% of his routes has been incredible (ignoring the fact he's one of the biggest intermediate route mismatches in the NFL). I'm actually glad the coaching staff hasn't thought of using a different TE to stay in blocking so Jimmy can be a pseudo WR like he was during his pro bowl seasons with the Saints. He needed to work on his blocking form. Really round out his resume before he's too old.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":1bg5wvvv said:
BigMeach":1bg5wvvv said:

What's frustrating for me, is watching a guy whiff so bad at blocking for his team mates.
The dummies probably saw how good a job at Run Blocking, that a much smaller Golden Tate did, and probably thought that JG could add blocking to his repertoire and become a more complete TE.
Sure miss having guys like Joe Jurevicius (sp.), he actually blocked his ass off, and fought for every contested ball, some of his plays were 'Shake Your Head Beautiful'.
Strange how Lil Doug use to be fairly adept at run blocking also.
To add, even Matt Hasselbeck gave a nice block for Marshawn Lynch's 'BEASTMODE' run against the Saints Defense in the playoffs.

cymatica

Reaction score
Tom Cable said if a wr can't block he won't play here. Maybe this is their long term plan for our future #1 receiver

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think everyone here thought he would be at SE or WO when we got him and all were collectively sighing a big WTF when we heard we're trying to teach, "Hi, I'm Jimmy" how to block.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Trade Jimmy for Matarvis Bryant and a 5th round pick.
Per ESPN Matarvis have asked to be traded.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
HawaiiD":1zqnyabm said:
Trade Jimmy for Matarvis Bryant and a 5th round pick.
Per ESPN Matarvis have asked to be traded.

Percy 2.0

HawaiiD

Reaction score
We won a Super Bowl with Percy [emoji3]

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Bobblehead":6g6gqlrm said:
Why.. we won't know how to use him.
Same could be said with Jimmy for the past 3 years. It couldn't be worst could it?

HawaiiD

Reaction score
HawaiiD":2803eys7 said:
Bobblehead":2803eys7 said:
Why.. we won't know how to use him.
Can you elaborate on how well we used Jimmy for the past 3 years? It couldn't be worst could it?

chris98251

Reaction score
HawaiiD":2qz1mjii said:
We won a Super Bowl with Percy [emoji3]

Really Percy was along for the ride, defense won before the second half.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Better late than never?

Sure makes the coaching staff look like real-deal morons.

Then again, JImmy could be back to blocking half the time this weekend while Bevell giggles on the sideline.

chris98251

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3rph4eii said:
Better late than never?

Then again, JImmy could be back to blocking half the time this weekend while Bevell giggles on the sideline.

And this is a revelation when it comes to our offense?