Seahawks Face Tough Strength of Schedule in 2018

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
There is no way of knowing really. Every single year, some teams that are supposed to be good have off years due to injuries or whatever other reason. And a team or two surprises everyone by doing much better than everyone thinks. No way of predicting how good many of the teams will be. Most teams are a starting QB injury from being average or worse. How many people knew or even thought the Jags would be that good this year? Look at the hype other teams like the Giants had, they were absolute garbage. Look how many people were talking about the Jets maybe doing 0-16 this year, they were competitive in many of their games.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Holy shit. We just got rid of the biggest jokes in the NFL coaching ranks in bevel and rhymes-with-unable, and you clowns think we're going to get worse? I thought we legalized MJ, not LSD. :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geek makes a good point. Playoffs in 2018, I believe. I'd rather believe and be wrong than assume the worst and be right.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3tn0prcm said:
Holy shit. We just got rid of the biggest jokes in the NFL coaching ranks in bevel and rhymes-with-unable, and you clowns think we're going to get worse? I thought we legalized MJ, not LSD. :roll:

I hope you're right, but we won't know anything until the season starts...................and unless we have a hell of a draft and put together a better roster than last year? You're gonna hear a LOT more people saying 7-9 or 8-8.

The NFC is loaded, and our division is now loaded.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":8i7fsn84 said:
GeekHawk":8i7fsn84 said:

I hope you're right, but we won't know anything until the season starts...................and unless we have a hell of a draft and put together a better roster than last year? You're gonna hear a LOT more people saying 7-9 or 8-8.

Most of the Roster wasn't bad last year, we were decimated by injuries. Talent level, we were really only weak on the O-line. Injuries are what hurt the other parts of the team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":168gz29r said:
Sgt. Largent":168gz29r said:
GeekHawk":168gz29r said:

Most of the Roster wasn't bad last year, we were decimated by injuries. Talent level, we were really only weak on the O-line. Injuries are what hurt the other parts of the team.

And most of those key injuries are still going to be a factor going into the season, specifically Kam and Sherman.........and who knows if Carson is going to be 100% by training camp.

I get what you're saying, and I hope we address the line and other areas of need.

But for geekhawk to be flabbergasted that people on February 13th are down on the Hawks and think we're back on top just because we got rid of our coordinators is a head scratcher.

This FO and roster has a LOT to improve and prove.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I don't think our o-line is as under-talented as most of you do. I firmly believe the coaching is what did it. Just look at how Duane Brown started off pretty good and got worse every game. Listen to former o-linemen talking in radio interviews about the specific things that Ifedi et al are doing wrong with their footwork, leverage, etc and how it's a result of coaching and not talent. I can't remember the interviewee's name (former Seahawk o-lineman), but it was on KJR. Look at the absolute s**t-show of game planning, not utilizing player strengths, not taking advantage of matchups, etc from the OC. Our horrible injuries decimated the D down to only 'fairly good' instead of 'OMG AWESOME', but the coaching had our talented-enough O playing to their weaknesses all the time. All we need to do is stop that madness and we'll be a pretty damn good team.

adeltaY

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3a3d2xf4 said:
There is no way of knowing really. Every single year, some teams that are supposed to be good have off years due to injuries or whatever other reason. And a team or two surprises everyone by doing much better than everyone thinks. No way of predicting how good many of the teams will be. Most teams are a starting QB injury from being average or worse. How many people knew or even thought the Jags would be that good this year? Look at the hype other teams like the Giants had, they were absolute garbage. Look how many people were talking about the Jets maybe doing 0-16 this year, they were competitive in many of their games.

Great point. Last year people were predicting the AFC West to be the best division in the league and it turned out to be one of the worst. The NFC East teams actually benefited from playing the AFCW this past season. Who knows, the AFC North could surprise us with three playoff teams next year (they did this back in 2014). Maybe the NFC South will go to crap and send one team to the playoffs with a 10-6 record instead of three teams like this season. It's so difficult to tell, our schedule might end up being the fifth easiest when all is said and done.

RCATES

Reaction score
GeekHawk":30t6wald said:

We hired a few scrubs who will be "yes men" to PC. This team peaked 2 seasons ago. Hold on tight the next 5 years are going to be a bumpy ride.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
RCATES":2l7yqitb said:
GeekHawk":2l7yqitb said:

We hired a few scrubs who will be "yes men" to PC. This team peaked 2 seasons ago. Hold on tight the next 5 years are going to be a bumpy ride.

Don't do drugs, m'kay? Drugs are bad, m'kay?

adeltaY

Reaction score
GeekHawk":19j5t6y9 said:
RCATES":19j5t6y9 said:
GeekHawk":19j5t6y9 said:

Don't do drugs, m'kay? Drugs are bad, m'kay?

Or maybe start. Would probably be happier.