Seahawks Forfeit 2017 5th Round Pick

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
This isn't the shack, so I cannot express the feelings I have about the NFL right now.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2w8utdmf said:
So we just lost out on our Future Pro Bowl LT who is currently lined up as a DT for a division 2 school.

Great, we are screwed.
^
THIS

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1b5zp8rm said:
So we just lost out on our Future Pro Bowl LT who is currently lined up as a DT for a division 2 school.

Great, we are screwed.
C'mon man, we've done pretty well with those 5th rounders, so it's not inconsequential. I guess they wanted us to abide by the no-helmets rule so they could test out their new concussion-protocol policy.

chet380

Reaction score
White Devil":2f7i3xvi said:
Here's where the fine comes from

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/777930731947433984[/tweet]

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Is there any evidence that the coaches encouraged the helmetless players to "fight" for the ball or did this incident simply arise from the players' competitiveness? If not, this should be appealable.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Would totally prefer the league took a 1st, rather than a 5th!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":8lrfdsuj said:
Pete wants to cultivate a culture of competition even at the risk of bending the rules. I am okay with it. It's actually a silly rule if you think about it. Who cares if there's physical contact in June? Dumb.
The League has no problems putting the players at risk with having 4 full contact pre-season games.

chris98251

Reaction score
Guess Roger found out who dropped a deuce in his office chair............................

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
chet380":yw3vmnym said:
White Devil":yw3vmnym said:
Here's where the fine comes from

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/777930731947433984[/tweet]

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Is there any evidence that the coaches encouraged the helmetless players to "fight" for the ball or did this incident simply arise from the players' competitiveness? If not, this should be appealable.
Agree, but the Hawks apparently did appeal and the 'process' is over.

Can't imagine it doesn't happen on occasion in other camps, might there be a 'mole' on the team alerting the NFL to take close looks at certain practice plays? Hope not.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
And this is why Pete gets called "Pete The Cheat."

I don't think he deserves it, but this gives other fans more reason to hate us.

HawkGA

Reaction score
On the radio he news guy referred to it as Roger's magic want of randomness. And I live in Denver, so it's not like it was a radio Homer.

pmedic920

Reaction score
White Devil":2t7mxxok said:
What a load of crap. How does the league and players not see that this is part of the problem as to why so many star players get knocked out of the game in the first 4 weeks of every season since they started this crap?

The body needs to be conditioned to the physicality of the sport.

Injuries are a part of the game, but so is contact. You're not going to stop injuries by limiting contact.

Unbelievable. Fined and penalized for practicing in today's world.

I'm no expert but I think this rule was put into the CBA by the players and their union.

Could be totally off base on this though.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I wonder if someone narked or if the Seahawks self disclosed. I was too lazy to read the article, so if the answer is in the link, my apologies.

White Devil

Reaction score
pmedic920":9hlh30pn said:
White Devil":9hlh30pn said:
What a load of crap. How does the league and players not see that this is part of the problem as to why so many star players get knocked out of the game in the first 4 weeks of every season since they started this crap?

The body needs to be conditioned to the physicality of the sport.

Injuries are a part of the game, but so is contact. You're not going to stop injuries by limiting contact.

Unbelievable. Fined and penalized for practicing in today's world.

I'm no expert but I think this rule was put into the CBA by the players and their union.

Could be totally off base on this though.

Not off base and I'm fairly certain you're correct.

That doesn't make the opinion that less contact equals less injuries a fact however. The players and their CBA could be wrong.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3htt247t said:

Great, we are screwed.

haha...was thinking they may try to convert a punter to play o line next year.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
El Caliente":331e9juo said:
As a Saints fan I feel your pain.
No, no, no, no, no. Please don't equate the crap that the cheating Gregg Williams did with the Saints defense to any fine we've been assessed. Williams is a scum bag and continues to teach questionable practices with the Rams defense in my opinion.