Seahawks need to copy the Denver model

lukerguy

Reaction score
Everyone is judging Russ as if he's 100% healthy. He hasn't been the same since Suh got him in the ankle.

Let's reserve a little judgement until he's back out their with his 9 second scrambles and launching the ball 55 yards down field before we start "rolling heads"...Yeesh.

I do think Denver had something special with their pass rush which is why they won the championship; it's also the same reason why we won the championship. It has nothing to do with the offense. We need to get back to forcing turnovers. This is our main problem. The offense has been stagnant at times before. The primary issues is teams are moving the ball on our defense and not turning it over.

We have a big fat ZERO take aways in two games and THREE give aways. This is the holy grail of Pete's methodology and ever since 2013 it's been a steady decline of take aways. Why is this the case?

I think two reasons: 1) Teams have begun to scheme short passes while we haven't changed much on our D. 2) Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. Bennett is elite, Frank is elite, but our outside guys are not elite anymore. As much as I love Avril, he's not nearly effective as he was when he was in a rotation coming in the SB on 3rd downs and causing havoc. He wanted to play 3 downs, but he's just not as effective. We don't quite have the depth and certainly no superstars on the outside like Ware and Miller. Star pass rushers aren't a dime a dozen, but I think you could bring back from superstar in Avril by playing him 1/2 downs instead of 3.

Latest posts