Seahawks/NFL Kevin Durant Acquisition?

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Boohman14":3682s5k1 said:
Julio Jones. Tough recover. Always making big plays. With DB and Jimmy and a running game we`d be the most formidable offense and defense in the NFL

What's the point of Julio? We could have Julio, Jerry Rice, Steve Largent and Gronk @ TE....But Russ will throw to Kearse when it matters the most.

Lithium

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2uvpz72a said:
Boohman14":2uvpz72a said:
Julio Jones. Tough recover. Always making big plays. With DB and Jimmy and a running game we`d be the most formidable offense and defense in the NFL

What's the point of Julio? We could have Julio, Jerry Rice, Steve Largent and Gronk @ TE....But Russ will throw to Kearse when it matters the most.

haha that was a good one, and true. I love Kearse for the great catches he's made in big situations but, man, how have we not replaced him yet. Gotta be some talented kids out there better than him.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Josea16":3n8hx7ek said:
vin.couve12":3n8hx7ek said:
Watching Reggie White was like no other defender in history, but he's kind of not fair. A dude as big as he was should never be legally allowed to run a 4.6 40 by natural law. Speed was just a part though. He'd literally toss OL on the ground with one arm and that's not even remotely an exaggeration.

JJ Watt's pretty good though.
That Philadelphia defense was special with White and his bookend that died (Jerome Brown?). Houston might have something similar this year and it's the Seahawks bad luck that they play them this year.
Clyde Simmons was the other bookend. Jerome Brown was their star DT, who was Tez's best friend at Miami and why Tez changed his number to 99 for a year. His death tore that defense apart...they all left one by one.

It was easily one of the best defenses ever and they would have won a ring if they had a running game. Cunningham could have had one ultimate weapon season after another and it wouldn't have mattered. Buddy Ryan just didn't know a thing about offense and left Cunningham to just make a play.

It'll be the same with RW and the Hawks. Youc can't just cop out and put it all on the QB. One of the reasons I've been so disappointed with the team and the fans clamouring for RW's heroness for the last year and a half. It's lazy, stupid, and it just doesn't work unless you're the Pats.

HawkGA

Reaction score
vin.couve12":27r0zox5 said:
Watching Reggie White was like no other defender in history, but he's kind of not fair. A dude as big as he was should never be legally allowed to run a 4.6 40 by natural law. Speed was just a part though. He'd literally toss OL on the ground with one arm and that's not even remotely an exaggeration.

JJ Watt's pretty good though.

I was in college at the time so I wasn't exactly young and impressionable, but seeing him take over the end of the Super Bowl made a lasting impression on me. If the Seahawks had somebody like that to help close out games . . . wow.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Ravens and Odell Beckham = super bowl?

That's just dumb.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Donald has to be the best DL out there now. Watt is really good, but Donald is both explosively fast and explosively strong. His playing DT 95% of the time limits his numbers, but he's almost like a more explosive John Randle. Same nasty attitude too.

Steve2222

Reaction score
No way I'd take Zeke over Donald. Donald is the clear choice for the vast majority of teams.

Steve2222

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":uy0cdepz said:
I would add free agent 6'10 240 WR/TE/CB/FS Kevin Durant. Lots of upside.

Official draft profile from NFL-FauxBS: "Quick feet, very athletic, 7 foot wing span, lanky build but potential for strength growth. Highly athletic project with a high ceiling-very high literally. Likely suitors: Oakland, Seattle, Dallas, Baltimore."

Durant would break in half in the NFL. He isnt built like Lebron.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Shaq wouldn't have been able to stay healthy in the NFL for more than a few weeks if not a few days. Basketball players are good athletes for lanky, skinny people, but the NFL is a completely different ball game. Only a small percentage of NBA players would be able to survive in the NFL and most would be PGs playing WR. Maybe some wide bodied SG or SFs that didn't have too long of a bone structure could potentially play TE, but no....even then they'd tap out REAL quick.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":21puts4b said:
West TX Hawk":21puts4b said:
I would add free agent 6'10 240 WR/TE/CB/FS Kevin Durant. Lots of upside.

Official draft profile from NFL-FauxBS: "Quick feet, very athletic, 7 foot wing span, lanky build but potential for strength growth. Highly athletic project with a high ceiling-very high literally. Likely suitors: Oakland, Seattle, Dallas, Baltimore."

Durant would break in half in the NFL. He isnt built like Lebron.

Tongue in cheek my friend.

I would agree Lebron could seriously play in the NFL if he wanted to.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1cyyzitz said:
Shaq wouldn't have been able to stay healthy in the NFL for more than a few weeks if not a few days. Basketball players are good athletes for lanky, skinny people, but the NFL is a completely different ball game. Only a small percentage of NBA players would be able to survive in the NFL and most would be PGs playing WR. Maybe some wide bodied SG or SFs that didn't have too long of a bone structure could potentially play TE, but no....even then they'd tap out REAL quick.

Can you imagine if Karl Malone had moonlighted in the NFL? That guy would maul anyone in any sport!

The raw athleticism of many basketball players occasionally attracts the NFL with Jimmy and Fant obvious examples.

Msfann

Reaction score
Slightly off topic but I would like to see Durant raise the flag at a Seahawks game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Tyron Smith. One of the best LTs out there and he already has played for Pete in college.

A-Dog

Reaction score
I'd go with Khalil Mack in a close race with Von Miller, JJ Watt, and Aaron Donald.

I take Mack over Miller because he's a couple of years younger. Watt's injury issue are a pretty big concern. I wonder a little bit about Donald fitting our scheme on rushing downs... we tend to prefer huge run-stuffers, plus we just drafted a guy who is slotted for a future at 3-tech on passing downs.

Mack would give us that elite edge rusher for half a decade... soon (hopefully not this season) we are going to find out what life is like without Cliff Avril and I personally don't think it's gonna be pretty.

OP
OP
LolaRox

LolaRox

Reaction score
Surprised so many of you picked defense. Donald and JJ are great players, but defense is not what is holding the Seahawks back, they are championship ready.

Seahawks need to get back to controlling the clock through the run game and scoring points, both of which a legit LT would instantly improve.

Holding an opponent to 10 points is great, but you still need to score more than 10 to win those games and last year I think there were 3 games (off the top of my head) where they didn't score 10. I know injuries played a role in this, but even going back to early 2015 this offense takes too long to get going.

I do like the Justin Tucker idea, dude is a stud. If Tucker makes a couple of those missed FG/XP the 2016 season could have been totally different. Even if he only turns the missed FG in AZ into 3, the Hawks get a bye, an extra week to heal up and who knows after that.

Mick063

Reaction score
Shady McCoy.

Best open field runner in the game and the team is stacked on defense. Shady doesn't need a left tackle.

Latest posts