Seahawks O line top 10 per this article.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3ql10xll said:
Scorpion05":3ql10xll said:
KiwiHawk":3ql10xll said:
Keep in mind that the metric for a successful O-line passing block is 2.5 seconds. Wilson regularly holds the ball longer than that simply because he's Russell Wilson and he can. Often to spectacular effect.

However, it does expose him to more pressures and hits than a QB like Brady who gets rid of the ball on time.

The thing of it is, the thing the OL needs to improve is time playing together. Not a revolving door of every aging vet, not constant long-shots at new players, but just time to gel as a unit. I see people constantly harping on the OL as if players remain static. They don't. They improve and they are impacted by the guys around them.

Even Walter Jones was less effective when Hutchinson left. The best of the best are not immune from the concept of synergy. Jones and Hutch played like they shared a brain - each knew exactly how the other was going to react at all times. Each was awesome in his own right, but together they were next-level good.

Check back in a few games and you'll see the OL is doing better, Wilson has a better feel for how much or little time he has, and the running game is looking better, simply because they have had more consistency.

Or they'll all be injured and our season will be over.

But one of those two things.

I know this is the popular opinion, but the actual numbers show Russell doesn't hold the ball that long in comparison to some of the elite Qbs in the league. Including Brady. The numbers have been highlighted in other threads

Granted, I'm not suggesting Wilson doesn't hold the ball at times, but it's not at anamoly. Whereas other Qbs hold the ball to go to their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th read..Wilson holds it to extend the play. It typically averages out to the same thing, so Russell gets rid of the ball more quickly than people thinks he does

Depends on which half you're talking about.

Last week, his lone sack came from holding onto the ball on 3rd and 10 because he wanted Baldwin and was staring him down. He had McKissic wide open on the right for at least a 6 or 7 yard gain but never looked there.

Shame on Wilson for looking for 10+ yards on 3rd and 10. :roll:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This article tells us two things;

1. That Cable's failure last year in developing and coaching up his linemen as the season went along was an outlier, and not the new norm. This year it's back to what he's done in the past, get a below average line to come together and play better as the season goes along. This line is much better than it was week one.

2. The league-wide epidemic of terrible O-lines. I know we think we're the only team with an awful O-line, but the fact is it's now at a critical mass all across the league. 10-15 years ago, this line is #32 out of #32, but now the bar is so low league wide that our line is now one of the better lines.

Seymour

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3g1ua6df said:
Scorpion05":3g1ua6df said:
KiwiHawk":3g1ua6df said:
Keep in mind that the metric for a successful O-line passing block is 2.5 seconds. Wilson regularly holds the ball longer than that simply because he's Russell Wilson and he can. Often to spectacular effect.

However, it does expose him to more pressures and hits than a QB like Brady who gets rid of the ball on time.

The thing of it is, the thing the OL needs to improve is time playing together. Not a revolving door of every aging vet, not constant long-shots at new players, but just time to gel as a unit. I see people constantly harping on the OL as if players remain static. They don't. They improve and they are impacted by the guys around them.

Even Walter Jones was less effective when Hutchinson left. The best of the best are not immune from the concept of synergy. Jones and Hutch played like they shared a brain - each knew exactly how the other was going to react at all times. Each was awesome in his own right, but together they were next-level good.

Check back in a few games and you'll see the OL is doing better, Wilson has a better feel for how much or little time he has, and the running game is looking better, simply because they have had more consistency.

Or they'll all be injured and our season will be over.

But one of those two things.

I know this is the popular opinion, but the actual numbers show Russell doesn't hold the ball that long in comparison to some of the elite Qbs in the league. Including Brady. The numbers have been highlighted in other threads

Granted, I'm not suggesting Wilson doesn't hold the ball at times, but it's not at anamoly. Whereas other Qbs hold the ball to go to their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th read..Wilson holds it to extend the play. It typically averages out to the same thing, so Russell gets rid of the ball more quickly than people thinks he does

He has the fourth longest time to throw in the NFL so far this year. Only Watson, Kizer, and Taylor are holding the ball longner than him.

That stat is on average the time he TAKES to throw. He is often running under pressure and extending plays which runs that number up. That is why the running QB's are on top of the TT (time to throw) stat. You need to look at QB pressures for that stat to have more meaning. Top 3 in pressures almost every year here with Cable protecting him.

Russell Wilson under pressure
Year Pressure freq. (%) Pressure rank DVOA under pressure (rank) DVOA not under pressure (rank)
2013 36.6 2 4 6
2014 39.1 1 5 3
2015 31.7 4 4 1
2016 34.9 3 14 13
2012-2016 (combined) 33.9 1 2 1
Source: Football Outsiders

ivotuk

Reaction score
Smellyman":22jevvo1 said:
Top 10 performance maybe for the week against an awful Giants team. Top 10 for the season? Not even close.

A team 24th in rushing w/ a 3.9 yards per carry that gives up the most pressure and hits on a qb is not top 10-

Not completely true. Their defense is damn good, and if their offense had better TOP, the defenses stats would be much better. Even with a non-existent offense, they are still middle of the road, and in the NFL, that's pretty good.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This surprised me

But how? Well, the offense has become much more efficient. The O-line has improved -- it's not the 1990s Cowboys, but efficient enough. Consequently, Seattle has averaged more than four touchdowns (28.7 points) over the last three games, all of which they have won.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
sutz":3cwjj949 said:
The article is quoting PFF as listing Seahawks in top 10. Take that as you will.

;)
Can you please cut and paste the quote, because I sure don't see it anywhere. Nor do I see any reference to the O-line being in the top-10. Maybe I missed it.

sutz

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":24ikdno9 said:
sutz":24ikdno9 said:
The article is quoting PFF as listing Seahawks in top 10. Take that as you will.

;)
Can you please cut and paste the quote, because I sure don't see it anywhere. Nor do I see any reference to the O-line being in the top-10. Maybe I missed it.
They seem to have edited that line out. The original had linked PFF, though I must admit I didn't click through to read it.

Sorry.

Smellyman

Reaction score
sutz":10db1lsj said:
Jazzhawk":10db1lsj said:
sutz":10db1lsj said:

;)
They seem to have edited that line out. The original had linked PFF, though I must admit I didn't click through to read it.

Sorry.

So to answer the OP's question. Is it true the Hawk Oline is in the top 10?

Tenor

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Smellyman":1jsn67sq said:
sutz":1jsn67sq said:
Jazzhawk":1jsn67sq said:
sutz":1jsn67sq said:

;)

Sorry.

Tenor

Did they edit it out?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":22ewh1v7 said:
Smellyman":22ewh1v7 said:
sutz":22ewh1v7 said:
Jazzhawk":22ewh1v7 said:

Sorry.

Tenor

Did they edit it out?

yup. Of course it wasn't true.