Seahawks @ Packers week 2 SNF (confirmed - schedule is out)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
So if all of the above are true and Seattle opens on the road, it's down to Baltimore, Cincy, Minn, or the division rivals for the season opener.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2uo8jbi6 said:
So if all of the above are true and Seattle opens on the road, it's down to Baltimore, Cincy, Minn, or the division rivals for the season opener.

Well in the other thread I said, the nfl doesn't owe SEattle a "big time game" I joked about Cleveland, but sounds like their in Seattle,,, so Cinci???

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Having a road game moved to primetime is always a good thing.

I'm not sure why it bothers people that they play the first two games on the road. Everyone has back-to-backs throughout the season.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1x9oir6u said:

I'm not sure why it bothers people that they play the first two games on the road. Everyone has back-to-backs throughout the season.

People on this board will find anything to bitch about. I agree night road games are not 10am starts so good in my book.

seahawksny

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3hsl97wt said:

Especially since they looked better on the road than they did at home last year.

That is hard to believe considering its the Seahawks but look at some of the games they dominated on road last year down the stretch

SF
AZ
PHI
WA

hawknation2015

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1aou8nkg said:

Road openers are always a challenge -- the home team usually plays out of their minds. Playing two of those games will certainly be a challenge. But in terms of injury prevention and recovery, I actually think it's better to get those tough road games out of way early.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
seahawksny":1n4raexa said:
kidhawk":1n4raexa said:
We can pretty much erase Dallas from the opener. Schefter is saying Cowboys/Giants likely SNF week 1

Every year those two play each other in prime time. Does anyone really care about that rivalry outside those markets?

They are big markets, to be fair...

If we are picking a road game to start with I'd prefer it be a divisional... the other options are a bit daunting if you're heading to GB the next week

rideaducati

Reaction score
seahawksny":1nca71zg said:
RynoHawk":1nca71zg said:
oh yes please!.... Our Hawks in Fromage land.....no excuses ....smash mouth FOOTBALL!

Dont want to see those guys- GB will be playing with a vengeance after that playoff game

Better to have an early season game in Green Bay than a December game in Green Bay.

netskier

Reaction score
The more time zone the difference, the greater the benefit to us in moving the game to prime time. Prime Time is Seahawks Time.

seahawksny

Reaction score
rideaducati":3j8xji5p said:
seahawksny":3j8xji5p said:
RynoHawk":3j8xji5p said:
oh yes please!.... Our Hawks in Fromage land.....no excuses ....smash mouth FOOTBALL!

Dont want to see those guys- GB will be playing with a vengeance after that playoff game

Better to have an early season game in Green Bay than a December game in Green Bay.

I disagree
we looked horrific on road at SD and STL-
Looked great at end of season

Just seem to play better on road at end of year vs beginning.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
seahawksny":16n4nc8n said:
rideaducati":16n4nc8n said:
seahawksny":16n4nc8n said:
RynoHawk":16n4nc8n said:

I disagree
we looked horrific on road at SD and STL-
Looked great at end of season

Just seem to play better on road at end of year vs beginning.

Green Bay in December is a completely different place than Green bay in September is his point.

But you are correct, the Hawks were better to close out the season on the road. They also played teams struggling at the QB position.

kearly

Reaction score
Always like to see the Seahawks start and end a season at home. Bad teams forget they are bad in week one, so I'd rather have week 1 be either at home where Seattle is nearly invincible or against a good team on the road.

We've been blessed to get some home games to close out seasons the last few years, which helps the bye week feel a bit extra restful. Hopefully we get another week 17 home game.

Would also be nice to get a mid-to-late season bye week, unlike last year.

Great to see the GB game in primetime.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
kearly":pwd21djp said:
Always like to see the Seahawks start and end a season at home. Bad teams forget they are bad in week one, so I'd rather have week 1 be either at home where Seattle is nearly invincible or against a good team on the road.

We've been blessed to get some home games to close out seasons the last few years, which helps the bye week feel a bit extra restful. Hopefully we get another week 17 home game.

Would also be nice to get a mid-to-late season bye week, unlike last year.

I agree about the bye week. It was way to early last season. I'd prefer our bye week to be towards the end of the byes.

As for road games. I would like to see all our road games be prime time games. We seem to excel at prime time games no matter where they are. The fact that we got the Packers on SNF to me is a positive, even if it does end up being a 2nd game on the road to start the season as many are predicting

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Here is Carroll's history in road openers (which have been his Achilles' Heel):

at Denver Broncos L 14–31
at San Francisco 49ers L 17–33
at Pittsburgh Steelers L 0–24
at Arizona Cardinals L 16–20
at Carolina Panthers W 12–7 (down 7-3 at the half)
at San Diego Chargers L 21–30
at TBD
at Green Bay Packers

I recall it was the same way for Carroll at SC . . . conference opponents' best opportunity to beat him was in their home opener. Losses to Washington in 2009, Oregon State in 2008 (only loss of that season), narrow victory over Washington in 2007, upset to Cal in 2003, etc.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":34g91ovh said:

at TBD
at Green Bay Packers

I recall it was the same way for Carroll at SC . . . conference opponents' best opportunity to beat him was in their home opener. Losses to Washington in 2009, Oregon State in 2008 (only loss of that season), narrow victory over Washington in 2007, upset to Cal in 2003, etc.

so you're saying that winning the road opener is our path to the Lombardi?

titan3131

Reaction score
seahawksny":2mc3nr79 said:
RynoHawk":2mc3nr79 said:

REALLY?

Did they not have a vengeance after the 2012 loss?

What about after we blew them out in last year in the opener in front of the whole NFL?

To quote them, they have traveled to 12th man land so many times now. They are pissed @ us no matter what.

seahawksny

Reaction score
hawknation2015":pqxlpj3k said:

at TBD
at Green Bay Packers

Oh my

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I hope for a tough opponent if we are looking at opening with 2 road games with GB being the second game.
Pete plans well and he will have more available time for the 1st game as opposed to most others.
Besides, 1/4 of our road games will be complete after the 2nd week. I like having more home games in the 2nd half instead of in the 1st half of the season.

seahawksny

Reaction score
titan3131":dxknlztu said:
seahawksny":dxknlztu said:
RynoHawk":dxknlztu said:

REALLY?

Did they not have a vengeance after the 2012 loss?

What about after we blew them out in last year in the opener in front of the whole NFL?

To quote them, they have traveled to 12th man land so many times now. They are pissed @ us no matter what.

yes they are pissed but it doesnt take a genius to know that neither the "fail mary" as they call it, nor the home opener will ever compare to that NFCCG in the their eyes.

I guarantee if you ask 100 GB fans- ALL will tell you that that game was worst of the three

Latest posts