Seahawks Re-draft

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I can't improve on it. Research and extensive interviews to make sure they're good team fits might be an important part of the equation.

massari

Reaction score
Take the Cowboys 2nd+3rd instead of Denvers 1st+3rd.

kearly

Reaction score
Wow the butthurt in this thread is strong.

Guys, this is a message board. You know, where doofus fans like us get to share opinions and have fun? Don't crap on people for sharing opinions, it just makes you look like a douche.

It seems some misunderstood the point of this thread. Nobody here thinks we are smarter than PCJS. This isn't a repudiation of the Seahawks 2016 draft any more than Todd McShay's "A grade draft" is a slap in the face to GMs. It's simply opinion sharing. Nothing more, nothing less. We all had players we liked and some of them weren't drafted by Seattle. This is a fun exercise to talk about those players one last time before moving on and seeing how that would have looked in the structure of the draft as it actually played out.

It was meant to be fun. Rather than harp on others, share your own. You can love the Seahawks draft and still talk about other players you liked too.

Pandion Haliaetus":2b81fv5u said:
Drafting Boykins when hes already signed as udfa.

Drafting Adams when the team didnt even think enough of him to sign him as a UDFA.

Talk about wasted picks.

Drafted players get 4 year contracts. UDFA's get 3 year contracts with an RFA option that can be more expensive than the first three years combined.

For example, backup QB Case Keenum was a RFA this year and he signed a 1st round RFA tender that paid him $3.6 million. It's roughly $3 million more expensive than what he would have been paid in year four of a rookie contract.

So for me, I like having that extra low cost year on Boykins and Adams. And it's not like I lose a player, since I could sign other UDFA players to fill their spots on the UDFA list. In all likelihood, I could still potentially sign Brooks and Lawler if I wanted to. Or if not, I could have signed a ton of other available UDFA players. I just figured I'd rather have that extra low cost year on a QB since backup QBs tend to make pretty good money and it might be tough to keep them in year four without a pricey RFA tender.

Atradees

Reaction score
Fun!

Rd 1, pick 31, OT Germaine Ifedi "They added an extra pick and traded down to get a good lineman."
Rd 2, pick 56, DT Jarran Reed "Love this move. This kid is perfect for their scheme."
Rd 3, pick 79, OT Le'Raven Clark "This is a player many thought could go in the first round"
Rd 3, pick 94, C Evan Boehm "Three-year starting C in the SEC, with a killer mentality..."
Rd 3, pick 97, OG Graham Glasgow "solid guard from a competitive conference"
Rd 5, pick 147, OG Joe Dahl "A big three-year starter at guard with the instincts and temperament."
Rd 5, pick 171, RB Alex Collins "A physical runner that thrives between the tackles"
Rd 6, pick 215, LB Travis Feeney "Feeney is one of the more athletic edge rushers in the class"
Rd 7, pick 243, SS Clayton Fejedelem "special teams phenom who is a thumper."

I would have to say a redraft is very easy for the fan of the nfl. The pros have an entire staffs feed back to deal with as well as internal politics. Plus knowing already how the board has played out is fun.

Note that all these players were available after the seahawks picked.