Seahawks' Roster in Order of Importance:

D

DomeHawk

Seahawks Roster in Order of Importance:

1. Russell Wilson (no debate here)
2. Tyler Lockett (all-pro season/most reliable by far)
3. Chris Carson (because we have no one behind him)
4. Duane Brown (one of the most important positions in the NFL)
5. Jadeveon Clowney (pass rush is key)
6. Bobby Wagner (not just his play but his leadership of the defense)

Just getting this started, help me with the rest.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I would put carson ahead of lockett. If we lost lockett, we have other receivers to fill that hole. If we lost carson, not only do we lose the running game, but all the passing schemes that are set up off the run.

I would also put wags ahead of clowney. Wags calls out our defensive setups and changes based on the oppositions LOS positions. He runs that defense on the field as far as audibles.

Russ
Carson
Wags
Clowney
Lockett

As we have seen, we can plug in receivers fairly easily. I love lockett, but I think he would be the easiest to replace.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

johnnyfever":20fye4vx said:
As we have seen, we can plug in receivers fairly easily. I love lockett, but I think he would be the easiest to replace.

We don't have another receiver even close to Tyler Lockett. Have to disagree here.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I got Duane Brown #2 both for his protection of Russ and for the tone I believe he sets for the o-line. A true pro and easily the best LT we've had since Big Walt. He's not perfect and does get beat on occasion but he's great sprinting wide to block outside and Russ hasn't had this kind of backside protection his whole career.
3. Clowney
after that it's pretty even

TreeRon

Reaction score
I'll wait at least one more game until I put too many eggs in the Clowney basket.

chris98251

Reaction score
Argument even after one game could be Diggs added to this list, sure made a lot of difference against S.F.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
DomeHawk":b7zpc878 said:
johnnyfever":b7zpc878 said:

We don't have another receiver even close to Tyler Lockett. Have to disagree here.

Baldwin was an undrafted free agent, and lockett was drafted as a return man. Russ is the common denominator to this equation in my opinion. Lockett has become awesome, and I'm not saying he isn't key (5th out of 53), but I think if we had to replace someone, that would be the position easiest to fill. Pass rush is tough and expensive, RB is tough to find as we have seen as well. At the receiver position, we have seen whether we spend money (j graham) or just pick up an undrafted guy (baldwin) the coaches and russ tend to have similar results.

Obviously just my opinion, but I look at it in terms of if one of these 5 went down, who would have the greatest to least impact, and who could we find a replacement easiest for.

kobebryant

Reaction score
1)Wilson
2) Brown
3)Clowney
4)Lockett
5)Shaquill
6)Wagner
7)Carson

As far as 2019 goes I don't think there is anyone else on the roster who's loss would be as detrimental to the season as the above.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think if Carson went down the Hawks would change the
running scheme to fit Penny and Procise..
We do have RB depth to handle no Carson.
RW,BWags and Clowney are the top 3.

getnasty

Reaction score
1- Wilson
2- Wagner
3-Clowney
4-Brown
5-Shaq
6-Carson
7-Lockett

Sealake80

Reaction score